• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

Damnit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I chose the wrong person to latch onto and use for reactions/suspect at the same time, but I think that clarity behind what Oath's alignment was at least gives us something, because me making a case on him meant scum might have been reacting in some way shape or form. It's still a kill that I'm unable to wrap my head around at first glance.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wanted to quickly tell Dad that me and Tom are not linked in any way. We're not Masons, there is obviously no cheating, and I don't even know if Tom is innocent or scum. He is not one of the people that I've gotten the strongest town-oriented reads on. I feel that something is a tiny bit off about his playstyle this game compared to other games where he has been town. He could flip either way, I feel. So please do not pair us up.

btw I never meant to suggest that you were both in the same boat and should have split you up in my little post, but there was that little interaction between you two that made it convenient. I even suggested in that post that Tom was a little more sus than you. So please do not assume that in pairing you up I have the same thoughts about the both of you.

(it don't matter but whatever)
I stole from ryan and I got a diamond
I stole from alice and I got cubic zirconia (fake diamond not with nothing)
WHAT?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i hope you lose

- - - Post Merge - - -

1 kill again? this wouldn't happen. and i survived? did doc save me or something? or did scum not belive my claim?

WHAT?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i hope you lose

- - - Post Merge - - -

1 kill again? this wouldn't happen. and i survived? did doc save me or something? or did scum not belive my claim?

What do you mean 'scum didn't believe your claim'?? Are you saying your not rber??

BTW, 1Kp i think.

The arsonist theory is seeming more and more plausible as the game goes on but again I won't believe it until I see a cluster**** day opening. And why not mafia having 1 KP per night? Makes the game long and drawn out, although I debate whether or not that'd be a good thing considering tbt's notoriety for having players who go inactive. With a new rule established that might be a little better but still. Anyways, with having survived another night I have a nice 40 something hours to play with. But right now I have more hw due midnight so be back in a few hours.

- - - Post Merge - - -

...ugh so many interesting things going on that I can analyze but I need to wait (especially Minties' post). But before I actually disappear for a few hours...

Ryan, who did you roleblock last night?

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is very important to know because it potentially tells us what mafia/third party might have: a roleblocker. If you weren't the one to RP oath.

- - - Post Merge - - -

RB*

The arsonist theory is seeming more and more plausible as the game goes on but again I won't believe it until I see a cluster**** day opening. And why not mafia having 1 KP per night? Makes the game long and drawn out, although I debate whether or not that'd be a good thing considering tbt's notoriety for having players who go inactive. With a new rule established that might be a little better but still. Anyways, with having survived another night I have a nice 40 something hours to play with. But right now I have more hw due midnight so be back in a few hours.

- - - Post Merge - - -

...ugh so many interesting things going on that I can analyze but I need to wait (especially Minties' post). But before I actually disappear for a few hours...

Ryan, who did you roleblock last night?

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is very important to know because it potentially tells us what mafia/third party might have: a roleblocker. If you weren't the one to RP oath.

- - - Post Merge - - -

RB*
he said Tom.

he said Tom.

Where did he say this? I read all of Ryan's posts after the day two post and didn't see him claim to have blocked anyone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh I see. But yeah, confirmation would be nice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh wait I see it. So yeah I think there's definitely a mafia roleblocker at play.

Where did he say this? I read all of Ryan's posts after the day two post and didn't see him claim to have blocked anyone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh wait I see it. So yeah I think there's definitely a mafia roleblocker at play.
i did say it

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey you, you were asked some questions and some statements were made directed at you before day 2. You should probably take the time to read back.

Hey you, you were asked some questions and some statements were made directed at you before day 2. You should probably take the time to read back.

I have read back. Tomorrow's project is posting about all of it.

RIP Oath...I find his death confusing, as he was a prime suspect, nearly got lynched, so it's weird how mafia targeted him. Is it possible they have a DT to compensate for less KP?

@Sataric I don't know if I missed your post but I am still waiting for some answers from you. (post 860)

RIP Oath...I find his death confusing, as he was a prime suspect, nearly got lynched, so it's weird how mafia targeted him. Is it possible they have a DT to compensate for less KP?

@Sataric I don't know if I missed your post but I am still waiting for some answers from you. (post 860)

My bad - I don't think I answered that one. You mean this question, right?
Please enlighten me on how mafia has changed since I last played. And yes, your posts still annoy me like crazy but I?ll let your wording slide for now as it seems you have some information you are still withholding from us (which, everyone is still waiting for). And sorry if I was too harsh.
We have been over the whole "withholding information" stuff enough - That's really not the way I would personally describe it either. It will only cause harm to town to reveal it openly, and therefore I will not.

I would have preferred to PM this answer to you since it's not directly related to the current game, but since that is not allowed, here goes nothing:

The way I look upon Mafia as a whole, we have really tried to steer away from the saltyness and the insults in favour of being nicer towards one another. It doesn't always work out, of course - But I think that had a major impact on how some people play the game, who used to be incredibly aggressive and now may think twice before pulling certain stunts. Trundle comes to mind right away - He's being more passive and more friendly this time around than I remember him being, though I always thought he was a nice guy personally.

Also, some players that used to be considered very weak has picked up quite a few tricks from the better and more experienced veterans of the game, and now almost everyone can make a compelling case against their opponents, and seeing people switch up their playstyle from game to game is not at all uncommon making things much harder to read.

Finally, the amount of SPAM has increased dramatically. Even with the new rules in play (which has added massive improvements) it's not uncommon for me to wake up to 20 new pages full of comments, and only a handful of those posts bring new things to the table. A few games ago - I think it was the XCOM one - People posted pictures and GIFs of Kermit the Frog for like 10 pages in a row. This never happened when I started playing here on TBT and it makes it tiresome to read through the thread.

So even though I am sure that most people still find my "fluffy" posts annoying, I think it's easy to see that I am trying my best, and I am not posting nearly as often as I used to if I do not have anything to say. I am not meaning to piss anyone off purposefully with my writing - And perhaps compared to a hundred images of Kermit the frog, adding a few extra words here and there isn't so bad.

Still, I am sorry for annoying you.

Back