Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

My Thoughts

Cariad
Ahh, here's my favorite person who's been playing so far! Searching through the thread I discovered that she's made 11 posts, none contributing new info, one responding to accusations and the rest just trying to blend in. And I find this one in particular interesting:

testing town? is that a suggestion towards you being not town?

This was in reply to Dad's post about testing town with his Oath case. I find the wording weird but I don't know how to explain why I find it weird... I guess she could have simply said "a suggestion towards you being scum" but instead she chose to use not town which sort of implies that either she's not scum-hunting like she's supposed to (if she is town) or perhaps the fact that she and Dad are scum mates.
I find "not town" to be less powerful a term than "scum", therefore this quick accusation is not enough for anyone to start analyzing Dad's posts (and considering how Cariad herself is under suspicion already, not many people would take her posts seriously and also the fact that it was only Day 1, therefore not many posts to analyze) but it's just enough as a safety net - if either one flips scum, people are ought to go back and look at the posts, see the accusation and be like "Oh xxx can be cleared because look at this post."
I could be reading into this too much (maybe she was also suggesting a third party role? I'm not too sure if third party roles were mentioned at the time of the post) but I certainly find it a possibility.

-----

Dad

I haven't played with Dad before, but I am quite surprised at how quickly he's managed to so-called analyze players/post thoughts of them/possible alliances nearly the entire player list. And he even came out with a huge case on Oath Day 1 (even though he claims it was an experiment or something like that).

xxx

Quick Side Note: I've noticed that a lot of players have been doing something similar (writing out a [partial] player list and posting thoughts) so quickly. Some that come to mind are Dad, Sataric, Ashtot, and Yui (there are probably a few more but tbh too lazy to go back and check each page). Although this may seem *great! these players are contributing SO MUCH* all they're really doing is sort of copying/combining the thoughts of everyone, occasionally contributing a little bit of information from themselves, making a nice long post and BAM. We can clear this person.

Well let me just say that if you happen to think like that you're totally wrong. When I was mafia (in Bioshock), I found out that people tend to clear you when you make nice long lists (Hello Lauren!). So I made them, and I survived a quite while. Had it not been for the fact I visited the host's page to send in a kill, I probably wouldn't have been killed and maybe Mafia would have won. Making a list is easy peasy but you're actually not doing a lot especially if you're making one a) on day 1 and b) after someone else just made a list that's pretty much the same. You seem helpful but it's not much of a help if all you're doing is summarizing the thread and making it easier for mafia to see who's super helpful for Town and who's not.

xxx

Okay, back to Dad. So I don't know his play style or whatever, but he's one of the players that have been constantly posting list after list. Maybe it's because he didn't have enough time to post it all at once or whatever. I don't know. But his scattered lists throughout the thread so far seem enough for most of you to not worry too much about him. I'm not fully convinced that he's scum (if Cariad flips scum then that's another story) but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him, and when I have time I'll be looking at past games he has played.

-----

There are a few other people but I'm running out of time (HOMEWORK) and my mom's birthday is tomorrow so I have this huge thing planned out and whatnot. I'll occasionally check the thread and hopefully I'll have time to make a post on some other people as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And Dad -- in case you don't know, I actually have played mafia before on this forum but that was a while ago. I may be trying to figure out how play styles and stuff have changed since then but I don't think I'm trying to figure out the game lol.

So basically all you're saying here is that because I post lists that are (I admit) lazy I'm trying to clear myself in town's eyes? And that's what makes me scummy? I mean, I'm glad somebody is actually considering suspecting me but you could gather more information than that to make a legit case on me. Although it'll be easier to make a case against me once more people actually flip something (maf/town). I even admitted in some of my list posts that I'm not putting as much effort as I could into them but that I was just posting them as a means to narrow things down for myself and potentially for town, if they're coming to the same conclusions themselves. So if you're trying to say that what I'm trying to clear myself to town with list posts then you're disregarding the fact that I said myself that I wasn't putting much effort into them. I realized tonight that I actually won't have enough time on Sunday to make a case on everyone so I'm trying to figure out who would be the best people to make a case on. I have a life like the rest of the people in this game so I can't dedicate all of my free time to it due to errands and stuff I've procrastinated on until tomorrow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, never said you never played mafia on tbt before, I said I've never played in a game with you. It sounds like you're skimming my posts and not actually reading them in full.

Well I guess you could take it that way, but I was referring to someone else in particular for the lazy part whose name was not mentioned.

I'm just pretty much saying that just because you contribute a lot of lists doesn't mean that people shouldn't forget you when looking back at the thread and making a list of suspicions. I haven't seen anyone mention your name when "analyzing" people. And yeah, I totally understand the not enough time part of it, believe me.

I read the part where you said you hadn't played a game with me but you made me sound like a new player lol. And didn't I state several times earlier that I have been skimming through posts? *not enough time*

As for Cariad, whom has also been shady through-out the majority of this game, one particular thing she said in her most recent post stood out to me a lot:

I didn't want to mention it at first, and maybe I am reading in to it too much, but I feel this could be a soft blue-claim. She's implying that she's important, at least, and maybe that she has an action that she has not yet used. (Vigilante?) That makes it incredibly risky to go for her first. BUT it could also mean that she has a scum power that only has a limited amount of uses, like a mass-kill-strike. Or that she's an arsonist (Yes, still not ruling that out..). And if that is the case, she's wanting to buy herself one more day so that she can use this power to do harm to us before she ends up lynched. That makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable. Ok, that was really bad wording. I was basically saying you would prefer not to lynch me if you saw my role (which I know it sounded nothing like). I admit that I've been playing really badly this game, but I am trying to contribute.
In bold - more comments coming soon

okay can people tell me how inactive=scum im skimming through posts right now o see if I can make a case against someone new

okay can people tell me how inactive=scum im skimming through posts right now o see if I can make a case against someone new

Not necessarily but being inactive means hiding in the shadows, less posts for us to analyze and basically hoping they can sort of skip through the days and nights without being noticed.

I'll make a post in the morning, but rip oath. Who would've thought he was a detective

this post seems a little odd to me I dont know why maybe its the typical oh no towns dead scum lie.
I know for a fact im town and Dolby seems to know that aswell this is basically a defence post from his post later then this calling me out. I have done eight posts thats correct which may not be as much as others but ts more then other games I think and you didnt explain why you thought crystal was safe or am I mistaken?

You know, I feel that Dad has been really on-point this entire game. His reasoning is solid for the most part, his cases and list have been fairly thoughtful, and he has brought new things to the table several times. Furthermore, my own suspicions align with his fairly well. But the way he worded this recent post bothers me a lot. He's constantly separating himself from town rather than say that he's part of it. Maybe I am nit-picking a little bit but would you really express yourself in the way he did if you're really town?

So basically all you're saying here is that because I post lists that are (I admit) lazy I'm trying to clear myself in town's eyes?

I even admitted in some of my list posts that I'm not putting as much effort as I could into them but that I was just posting them as a means to narrow things down for myself and potentially for town, if they're coming to the same conclusions themselves.

And what was the point of this Townie claim?
20 players alive. 3 thief claims that I believe (Natty, Cory, Trundle). 1 Town Roleblocker claim that I believe (Ryan88). 1 townie that I'm 100% sure about (myself).
If Dad's truly just a townie, why would you say such a thing? You'd be making it easier for Mafia to snipe our blues. It just seems foolish and really out of character for him. These are subtle things but they make me worry.

Cariad
Ahh, here's my favorite person who's been playing so far! Thanks. Searching through the thread I discovered that she's made 11 posts, none contributing new info, one responding to accusations and the rest just trying to blend in. And I find this one in particular interesting:

This was in reply to Dad's post about testing town with his Oath case. I find the wording weird but I don't know how to explain why I find it weird... I guess she could have simply said "a suggestion towards you being scum" but instead she chose to use not town which sort of implies that either she's not scum-hunting like she's supposed to (if she is town) or perhaps the fact that she and Dad are scum mates. He said trying to test town. I said not town because he said town. I would've said scum any other time, it was the way he said it that made me say not town. Fo example "Trying to test the english" "oh are you not English then?" then replace English for town, it make a bit more sense.
I find "not town" to be less powerful a term than "scum", therefore this quick accusation is not enough for anyone to start analyzing Dad's posts (and considering how Cariad herself is under suspicion already, not many people would take her posts seriously and also the fact that it was only Day 1, therefore not many posts to analyze) but it's just enough as a safety net - if either one flips scum, people are ought to go back and look at the posts, see the accusation and be like "Oh xxx can be cleared because look at this post."
I could be reading into this too much (maybe she was also suggesting a third party role? I'm not too sure if third party roles were mentioned at the time of the post) but I certainly find it a possibility. I am scum hunting. Read above, I think it explains all. (it may be a bit excessive sorry)
in bold

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm actually, I just want to reduce my list and get some people out of the way that I think are town and one that I don't want to risk lynching right now.

Cariad

Cariad is the one I don't want to risk lynching right now because of what Sataric pointed out. I got softclaim vibes from that too, and tbh I think anybody would. Which isn't good for her either way because people already seem to want to lynch her and that could just be her means of trying not to get lynched but at the same time that's how she can say 'hey guys I'm actually claiming to be a useful blue role so don't lynch be and doc protect me because mafia will go after me'. But then I feel like this is what could be going on. I find it peculiar that she gave a response to everything in minties' post against her except the part where she criticized her for the reaction she had to me saying I was reaction testing. And that seemed like a slip but then again it could have been an honest mistake. I'm against lynching her right now but I want to get not wanting to lynch her out of the way. Im confused about this, you want to lynch me soon? Is that it? I don't really have a response to the rest. But, Dad, don't just think because you are making these large posts that you seem town, because to me you seem quite scummy. I'll write more later.

Iggy is mah name in bold (sorry I was bored of saying in bold.)

You know, I feel that Dad has been really on-point this entire game. His reasoning is solid for the most part, his cases and list have been fairly thoughtful, and he has brought new things to the table several times. Furthermore, my own suspicions align with his fairly well. But the way he worded this recent post bothers me a lot. He's constantly separating himself from town rather than say that he's part of it. Maybe I am nit-picking a little bit but would you really express yourself in the way he did if you're really town?

And what was the point of this Townie claim?

If Dad's truly just a townie, why would you say such a thing? You'd be making it easier for Mafia to snipe our blues. It just seems foolish and really out of character for him. These are subtle things but they make me worry.
Yeah, I agree with this. I was actually going to say things along the line of this. The separating from town bit is what makes me worry. I'm going to have more later, so just you wait.

{obviously.}
i can't right now as i got off the computer {using fams computer} buut heres mine:

crystal
lauren [shes quiet, but this is more of a gut feeling, like with karen}
karen (?)
ashtot

Hmm actually, I just want to reduce my list and get some people out of the way that I think are town and one that I don't want to risk lynching right now.

Cariad

Cariad is the one I don't want to risk lynching right now because of what Sataric pointed out. I got softclaim vibes from that too, and tbh I think anybody would. Which isn't good for her either way because people already seem to want to lynch her and that could just be her means of trying not to get lynched but at the same time that's how she can say 'hey guys I'm actually claiming to be a useful blue role so don't lynch be and doc protect me because mafia will go after me'. But then I feel like this is what could be going on. I find it peculiar that she gave a response to everything in minties' post against her except the part where she criticized her for the reaction she had to me saying I was reaction testing. And that seemed like a slip but then again it could have been an honest mistake. I'm against lynching her right now but I want to get not wanting to lynch her out of the way.

Other players I think are probably town:

KarlaKGB: Seemed kind of quiet and scummy towards the beginning of the game (it was just a vibe), but then he picked up pace in the middle of the game and started making productive and logical posts that just made him seem like town. He's quieted down, but he gave a reason as to why (flying somewhere). I don't want to lynch KarlaKGB.

C R Y S T A L: I'm looking into all of the responses she has given to people and I think that she isn't scum, because when people have criticized her similarly in past games she responded in the same way. This is a very difficult thing to point out and put on display through quotes in stuff, it's just a...read.

Sataric: see my last list post for some reasons why I think he's town and why I think that he shouldn't be lynched. However, in deeming him one of my 'town-likes' I risk letting scum get by. He could have been using this kallie thing to throw us all off but then at the same time my other theory about it makes him feel too important to lynch.

Karen: It's difficult to get a great read on this person because as I've stated before, I have not played a game with her before. But the things that she is pointing out (Such as the point about Alice only pointing out 'facts') makes me think she's a townie trying to figure out the game like I am.

I probably shouldn't have promised a grand amount of postage because I'm starting to get a really crappy headache but maybe tomorrow I'll be feeling better. I definitely want to make posts on Alice, Jeremy, Ashtot, Lauren, and JellofishXD. The prime suspects in the remaining players I haven't talked about yet. The others being Yui-Z, Dolby, Tom (ugh odd vibes from him too), alise, and anyone I'm forgetting about.

So you guys clearly don't understand "I'm not here today" *******s

So please Alise share your inactive wisdom on me being "quite" when I said I was busy all day yesterday due to work and an anniversary, I do apologise I have other things to do, you know what, you can acknowledge minties going to work when I did 10 hours yesterday and you can acknowledge karla not being here yesterday but me? I'm not scum I'm a god damn townie. So if you want to continue as me being scum go ahead but you are going for the wrong person now I'm going to work please bold my name if you're calling me so I see it better when in working. Morons.

Also dad I asked for an explanation to why I was disinterested when I had been posting but I was asleep when you said this.

I'm placing a vote down for Dolby after going through his filter.

Well, this is all very interesting

I think that we should wait for Karla's response to Ryan's town role blocked claim before deciding anything, I do find Karla suspicious after there being only one kill and no protection claims, but let's say that mafia had a fixed one kp maybe and they decided to send out Ryan with a fake claim out to try and get rid of a major threat. I think that Ryan has never been scum before and he's generally viewed as a easy lynch canadite, so he's bound to be lynched or make a major slip-up sooner or later. So as scum, why not have him try to take out the strongest threat possible, far-fetched, I know, I personally find this highly unlikely but I don't what to take out a potentially highly useful player. I'll wait until Karla's response to Ryan's claim before I vote

- - - Post Merge - - -

*role blocker
This is the first post he made that caught my attention. This is a perfect post from the perspective of a scum Dolby who knows Ryan and I are innocent. He analyses the situation with the mentality that one of us is scum, but doesn't commit to a position. I take a pretty dim view of any experienced player that seriously entertained the idea that I was a killblocked scum. I note that he doesn't find that possibility unusual, yet he labels the possibility that scum sent ryan out on a high risk mission to frame me as unlikely.

I'm voting SP. He's been playing strangely (although common for him), but his Yui=mark=scum argument is something that only a noob player would use as evidence and decide that it is lynch-worthy evidence, if town-aligned
This post puts me off as well. Mentioning that SP is playing strangely, then conceding that it's common for him? Fenced. Saying that using the Yui=mark=scum argument is scummy, when his suspicions against me and Ryan were just as weak.

JellofishXD
JellofishXD has done pretty much nothing so far this game, having made eight posts so far this game, none of them being exactly high quality, three of them having nothing relevant to the game being said there. She has had one suspect, C R S T Y A L merely because they pushed an inactive lynch and on day one proceeded to vote for themselve.

Being groggy headed and super sleepy, this is the best that I could pull together, but here's an interesting fact:
After reading oath's last post, you can determine that he was blocked on night zero by scum, will go more into that later
Jellofish is an easy target.

Well I stopped posting because it was night and I didn't have much to say, and I wasn't on during day until early this morning when I was groggy. I know that oath died as a detective under suspicion and I really don't have much of a defense for that, except for the scum might have a mafia detective
I don't understand this post. Why would you need a defense?

I agree with Tom, Crystal appears to be slipping severely this game, their posts seem to be more of an attempt to blend in without slipping up or potentially harming their fellow scummates, plus the lack of something that could even be considered a defense despite posting makes me more suspicious along with pushing already suspected players while bringing up nothing new. I'm voting for Crystal.
Crystal is another easy target. Honestly, some of the same reasons you use for voting Crystal I could apply to you as well. Such as pushing already suspected players while bringing up nothing new.

tldr:
You are targetting easy players without your own developed reasons.
You have previously targeted people already under suspicion, again without your own developed reasons.

You're coasting by on other people's suspicions, on people that so far have been proven innocent.

##Vote: Dolby

Okay, just because I'm third party doesn't mean I am going to sit back and do nothing. I still would prefer to win alongside town. c:
I was gonna make a post listing my thoughts of everyone but I decided to only talk about who I find to be very suspicious.

Ashtot.

Something seems off about him this game to me. Looking through his posts, I find it strange how many people he voted for and thought should be lynched. He starts with a vote on SP

Then he changes to Yui-Z.

Then he says Alise or Kaden should be lynched.

Now he goes to Ryan88? Wtf.

Then he ultimately changes back to SP. He agrees with SP about Yui, and thinks his reasoning is solid. Ash even says he doesn't think it's worth lynching an active town player was worth it - yet he changes back to Sp without giving any reason?

The one thing I notice about Ash as scum is that he kind of gets mad about being accused (or overly defensive), so I checked back through some past games where he was scum to compare with how he's acting now. (For reference, post 954 & post 998) In Faithful June, when Ashtot was accused of not contributing much, guess what he did? He got mad, accusing Oath of being less useful and claimed he himself was in fact contributing and acting very pro town. Does that sound familiar? Probably because something similar just happened in this game.

I mean, it's almost the same. First he defends himself and then his brother. He usually defends his brother, but you have to admit that it is interesting how similar his replies have been to when he was scum. The way he's replied this game is essentially the same as the way he did from Faithful June; Gets mad that he was accused of not contributing much, throws Oath under the bus, defends his brother and continues to assert Oath wasn't doing squat. Here's some other examples from how he has reacted as scum: Here, here. In Sunleth Waterson Mafia, Ashtot in one day voted for the following people in this order: Prin, MewMewMewm, JelloFishXD, Superpenguin, back to Prin and finally Ryan88. Need I mention how many people he's voted for in this game?

Ashtot has only been scum 3 times out of the 20 games he's been in so far, and I think the way he's been this game is exceptionally similar to the way he acted as scum. To further my point, I decided to check through some games where he was town for comparison. I can't be bothered to bring up more posts because I've worked on this for almost 1:30 minutes, but I looked through the more recent games (Portal mafia, XCOM mafia, and then there were none). All of you can look through those games yourselves, but he definitely behaved differently in those games. Like, when he was accused of something or people said they were suspicious of him, he was a lot calmer than as scum.

Finally, we have this. I think the above is absolutely ridiculous. He jumps with Karla in the ridiculous idea that simply because we misspelled the word, that somehow makes our claim doubtful. Seriously? And then he says Nymph doesn't seem like something that would be in this game. Lol. I'm a mermaid, Trundle is a kelpie. Both of those are mythological creatures, so Cory being a nymph isn't exactly that weird. I think third parties with harmless win conditions are prime targets for mafia to make appear suspicious, especially in a closed setup like this because 1) we can't prove we are actually third parties unless we are inspected and 2) it would be relatively easy to instill doubt into people's minds because of reason 1.

So yeah, I find Ashtot incredibly suspicious. I spent 2 hours on this altogether so if someone says I haven't put any effort into the game at all I will flip a table.

Quoting this as everyone has seemed to skim past it. Excellent post, Natty. I share a lot of your suspicion on Ashtot and I personally suspect Jeremy as one of the strong players that I believe could be scum.

He is usually quiet, but to be honest I don't remember him being this quiet. I hardly remember he is playing unless I look at the player list. He's barely posting enough to not get modkilled. I would analyze his previous game behavior, but I am on capped internet, so that will have to wait until tomorrow because web pages barely load. I would rather cast my vote for Ashtot or Dolby today based on Karla's reasoning.

Hopefully this post goes through.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Tom, why do you always come across as such a scum bum when I play with you?

Cariad
Ahh, here's my favorite person who's been playing so far! Searching through the thread I discovered that she's made 11 posts, none contributing new info, one responding to accusations and the rest just trying to blend in. And I find this one in particular interesting:

This was in reply to Dad's post about testing town with his Oath case. I find the wording weird but I don't know how to explain why I find it weird... I guess she could have simply said "a suggestion towards you being scum" but instead she chose to use not town which sort of implies that either she's not scum-hunting like she's supposed to (if she is town) or perhaps the fact that she and Dad are scum mates.
I could be reading into this too much (maybe she was also suggesting a third party role? I'm not too sure if third party roles were mentioned at the time of the post) but I certainly find it a possibility.

-----

Dad

I haven't played with Dad before, but I am quite surprised at how quickly he's managed to so-called analyze players/post thoughts of them/possible alliances nearly the entire player list. And he even came out with a huge case on Oath Day 1 (even though he claims it was an experiment or something like that).

xxx

Quick Side Note: I've noticed that a lot of players have been doing something similar (writing out a [partial] player list and posting thoughts) so quickly. Some that come to mind are Dad, Sataric, Ashtot, and Yui (there are probably a few more but tbh too lazy to go back and check each page). Although this may seem *great! these players are contributing SO MUCH* all they're really doing is sort of copying/combining the thoughts of everyone, occasionally contributing a little bit of information from themselves, making a nice long post and BAM. We can clear this person.

Well let me just say that if you happen to think like that you're totally wrong. When I was mafia (in Bioshock), I found out that people tend to clear you when you make nice long lists (Hello Lauren!). So I made them, and I survived a quite while. Had it not been for the fact I visited the host's page to send in a kill, I probably wouldn't have been killed and maybe Mafia would have won. Making a list is easy peasy but you're actually not doing a lot especially if you're making one a) on day 1 and b) after someone else just made a list that's pretty much the same. You seem helpful but it's not much of a help if all you're doing is summarizing the thread and making it easier for mafia to see who's super helpful for Town and who's not.

xxx

Okay, back to Dad. So I don't know his play style or whatever, but he's one of the players that have been constantly posting list after list. Maybe it's because he didn't have enough time to post it all at once or whatever. I don't know. But his scattered lists throughout the thread so far seem enough for most of you to not worry too much about him. I'm not fully convinced that he's scum (if Cariad flips scum then that's another story) but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him, and when I have time I'll be looking at past games he has played.

-----

There are a few other people but I'm running out of time (HOMEWORK) and my mom's birthday is tomorrow so I have this huge thing planned out and whatnot. I'll occasionally check the thread and hopefully I'll have time to make a post on some other people as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And Dad -- in case you don't know, I actually have played mafia before on this forum but that was a while ago. I may be trying to figure out how play styles and stuff have changed since then but I don't think I'm trying to figure out the game lol.

Yeah, the thing is, in bioshock, I shot you as a vig because you were soap boxing. The way you kep throwing out accusations no matter how valid was the only reason I killed you, because it seemed really suspicious. We were going to go for more obvious targets, but in the end, I chose you. And look what happened. Scum team fell apart and the remaining member surrendered.

Okay, just because I'm third party doesn't mean I am going to sit back and do nothing. I still would prefer to win alongside town. c:
I was gonna make a post listing my thoughts of everyone but I decided to only talk about who I find to be very suspicious.

Ashtot.

Something seems off about him this game to me. Looking through his posts, I find it strange how many people he voted for and thought should be lynched. He starts with a vote on SP

Then he changes to Yui-Z.

Then he says Alise or Kaden should be lynched.

Now he goes to Ryan88? Wtf.

Then he ultimately changes back to SP. He agrees with SP about Yui, and thinks his reasoning is solid. Ash even says he doesn't think it's worth lynching an active town player was worth it - yet he changes back to Sp without giving any reason?

The one thing I notice about Ash as scum is that he kind of gets mad about being accused (or overly defensive), so I checked back through some past games where he was scum to compare with how he's acting now. (For reference, post 954 & post 998) In Faithful June, when Ashtot was accused of not contributing much, guess what he did? He got mad, accusing Oath of being less useful and claimed he himself was in fact contributing and acting very pro town. Does that sound familiar? Probably because something similar just happened in this game.

I mean, it's almost the same. First he defends himself and then his brother. He usually defends his brother, but you have to admit that it is interesting how similar his replies have been to when he was scum. The way he's replied this game is essentially the same as the way he did from Faithful June; Gets mad that he was accused of not contributing much, throws Oath under the bus, defends his brother and continues to assert Oath wasn't doing squat. Here's some other examples from how he has reacted as scum: Here, here. In Sunleth Waterson Mafia, Ashtot in one day voted for the following people in this order: Prin, MewMewMewm, JelloFishXD, Superpenguin, back to Prin and finally Ryan88. Need I mention how many people he's voted for in this game?

Ashtot has only been scum 3 times out of the 20 games he's been in so far, and I think the way he's been this game is exceptionally similar to the way he acted as scum. To further my point, I decided to check through some games where he was town for comparison. I can't be bothered to bring up more posts because I've worked on this for almost 1:30 minutes, but I looked through the more recent games (Portal mafia, XCOM mafia, and then there were none). All of you can look through those games yourselves, but he definitely behaved differently in those games. Like, when he was accused of something or people said they were suspicious of him, he was a lot calmer than as scum.

Finally, we have this. I think the above is absolutely ridiculous. He jumps with Karla in the ridiculous idea that simply because we misspelled the word, that somehow makes our claim doubtful. Seriously? And then he says Nymph doesn't seem like something that would be in this game. Lol. I'm a mermaid, Trundle is a kelpie. Both of those are mythological creatures, so Cory being a nymph isn't exactly that weird. I think third parties with harmless win conditions are prime targets for mafia to make appear suspicious, especially in a closed setup like this because 1) we can't prove we are actually third parties unless we are inspected and 2) it would be relatively easy to instill doubt into people's minds because of reason 1.

So yeah, I find Ashtot incredibly suspicious. I spent 2 hours on this altogether so if someone says I haven't put any effort into the game at all I will flip a table.

All I see is you telling me I'm scum because I changed my votes a lot and because I've acted like this in other games when I was scum. The problem is I have been plenty aggressive and ticked off at people in games when I was Town, you claim you checked the most recent games but you must not have done a thorough inspection because you don't really know what you're talking about. You need to take information into context if you're going to make a case on me Natty. You can't just look at a couple of games when I was scum and say "well it's sorta the same", and accuse me of being Mafia. But regardless of any of this, I'm not scum, I'm Benjamin the Quarter Master.

My cruddy playstyle I guess. Ya'll won't have to worry about it for much longer.

What do you mean by this?

As I wrote this post (below), I realized I was kind of rambling a bit, so here's a short version:
TL;DR: Voting for Crystal.

If you prefer the long version, however:
I am not feeling too well today. (Been sick a lot lately!) - I will be going to bed to rest rather soon, so I have to put my vote down before leaving as I'm not sure I would make it back online before the deadline. It's unfortunate, though, because I would have liked a little bit more time to go through things before making my decision. I am very torn on who to vote for.

I think people have made quite compelling arguments about several of the players in the game, and with some third party claims (the thieves) seeming semi-likely to be true (Though I am not ruling out that they are more sinister than they appear..) and I posted my own thoughts on people not too long ago. I definitely think that some of my suspicions are accurate.

As of right now, I believe there's 2 votes for Cariad, 2 for Crystal, 1 for Dolby, and 1 for Ashtot. All four of them seem at least slightly suspicious to me. Cariad is the one I am the most worried about leaving in play for one more night, because of the comments she made earlier, and I think that if she's scum she'll unleash some kind of evil super-power on us all. Meh. However, she could also be blue, and I don't want to risk a mislynch. Crystal has been giving me scummy vibes since pretty much the very start of the game, so therefore.. Yeah, I'll vote for them today.

Back