Mafia TBT Mafia: Tarot [DAY 3]

I like the point Tom made about Tardis. Yes it was super weird for him to claim when no one else was, and happened to claim Tower and townie, which deems off since the Tower is a major Arcana I assume. Depending on Ness' flip and role name, I'd like to look further into Tardis...

I like the point Tom made about Tardis. Yes it was super weird for him to claim when no one else was, and happened to claim Tower and townie, which deems off since the Tower is a major Arcana I assume. Depending on Ness' flip and role name, I'd like to look further into Tardis...

the tower is a major arcana, indeed. taken from wikipedia:
This card follows immediately after The Devil in all Tarots that contain it, and is associated with sudden, disruptive, and potentially destructive change.
Symbolism
The Tower is commonly interpreted as meaning danger, crisis, destruction, and liberation

At first when he claimed I freaked out and basically had Crys's reaction:
****. Town ****ed up.

but then decided to look more into "The Tower" and it seems rather like Mafia ****ed up.

Nope, I've just been busier thanks to people not showing up at work and a personal matter. Honestly I forgot I was playing a mafia game and was about to sleep the majority of today away since I've felt so fatigued.

I posted that at the time because ultimately I was on my break at work (15 minutes and all of it was spent catching up on the thread) and I spotted what you finally noticed. But the gears are a turning now.

When did emotional babble Ness go from being town to scum? Or are you mocking Xine here?

7nPIzZg.jpg

I saw this and at first I considered us to be as good as dead because town outed for no reason. But then I remember POWER ROLES get Major Arcanas. Ultimately if you want to wonder why Tardis outed, I think it's because of two reasons:

1. They seem to have only played Micro Mafia: Grey's Anatomy edition, where pretty much everyone was a doctor. So claiming wasn't really a big deal.
2. They're nervous mafia. They'e reading the thread and thinking people are going to jump on them for not claiming, especially since their predecessor didn't say anything.

I'm leaning more towards two, I think it'd be easy for people to claim one Arcana and because we're naturally thinking BLUE BLOOD back off. But at the same time if we apply the logic that townies and mafia goons are Minor Arcanas, it makes plenty of sense to apply the logic of "BLUES" and "MAFIA PR" are Major Arcanas. That's why instead of bandwagoning on Ness since besides the Inkling vote on Toadsworthy, I'd rather vote Tardis. I can practically promise you that most, if not all of mafia is hiding in that bandwagon.

Also I think Dolby is in the wrong here, I think Xine's case is safety solid. They point a lot that's wrong with TBT Mafia meta and honestly it's refreshing to see outsider opinion. ATE isn't the way we ought to be lynching, yet instead we're aiming for Ace Attorney levels of comical instead of something far more serious.

Ness
Heyden
Dolby
inkling
crys
Xine
Tardis2016
alexi
jacob
Trundle
mother of all llamas
taesaek
toadsworthy

Ultimately I think there's too many borderline scum plays coming from what ought to be town, but honestly ya'll like Katy Perry up in here with your hot and cold.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**** I MESSED UP SOME OF MY BOLDING

Can't edit this quote down because I'm on mobile, but I like what you have to say about Tardis being a nervous mafia. New player, most likely a little unsure what to do.
Keeping my vote on N e s s tho, getting way worse vibes from him. If Tardis replies to what you say tom I'll try to write up some read on him to see what we get idk. depends on how tomorrow goes/how he responds/ who dies etc etc

As for the rest of this day, everyone should analyze the behavior everyone has towards eachother. reads/feelings/hostility etc. That'll help narrow down who killed who during the night phase. I doubt there is much left to say this day, so I guess gl tonight

the tower is a major arcana, indeed. taken from wikipedia:
This card follows immediately after The Devil in all Tarots that contain it, and is associated with sudden, disruptive, and potentially destructive change.
Symbolism
The Tower is commonly interpreted as meaning danger, crisis, destruction, and liberation

At first when he claimed I freaked out and basically had Crys's reaction:

but then decided to look more into "The Tower" and it seems rather like Mafia ****ed up.
i don't have the quote but justice said something that not all cards are good or bad. So the devil, could even be t own pr if it is in this game

i don't have the quote but justice said something that not all cards are good or bad. So the devil, could even be t own pr if it is in this game

Ah well regardless Tom's points are spot-on: nervous mafia.
but anyways the lynch is set for ness so only gotta wait now I guess. Unless he wants to come back with some huge scum lead buuuut I don't see that happening.
~4 hours to go.

Nope, I've just been busier thanks to people not showing up at work and a personal matter. Honestly I forgot I was playing a mafia game and was about to sleep the majority of today away since I've felt so fatigued.

I posted that at the time because ultimately I was on my break at work (15 minutes and all of it was spent catching up on the thread) and I spotted what you finally noticed. But the gears are a turning now.

When did emotional babble Ness go from being town to scum? Or are you mocking Xine here?

7nPIzZg.jpg

I saw this and at first I considered us to be as good as dead because town outed for no reason. But then I remember POWER ROLES get Major Arcanas. Ultimately if you want to wonder why Tardis outed, I think it's because of two reasons:

1. They seem to have only played Micro Mafia: Grey's Anatomy edition, where pretty much everyone was a doctor. So claiming wasn't really a big deal.
2. They're nervous mafia. They'e reading the thread and thinking people are going to jump on them for not claiming, especially since their predecessor didn't say anything.

I'm leaning more towards two, I think it'd be easy for people to claim one Arcana and because we're naturally thinking BLUE BLOOD back off. But at the same time if we apply the logic that townies and mafia goons are Minor Arcanas, it makes plenty of sense to apply the logic of "BLUES" and "MAFIA PR" are Major Arcanas. That's why instead of bandwagoning on Ness since besides the Inkling vote on Toadsworthy, I'd rather vote Tardis. I can practically promise you that most, if not all of mafia is hiding in that bandwagon.

Also I think Dolby is in the wrong here, I think Xine's case is safety solid. They point a lot that's wrong with TBT Mafia meta and honestly it's refreshing to see outsider opinion. ATE isn't the way we ought to be lynching, yet instead we're aiming for Ace Attorney levels of comical instead of something far more serious.

Ness
Heyden
Dolby
inkling
crys
Xine
Tardis2016
alexi
jacob
Trundle
mother of all llamas
taesaek
toadsworthy

Ultimately I think there's too many borderline scum plays coming from what ought to be town, but honestly ya'll like Katy Perry up in here with your hot and cold.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**** I MESSED UP SOME OF MY BOLDING

@tom Maybe telling my role was a bad idea. And yes what you said what my first Mafia game. And I'm not lurking the topic moves very fast so it takes a long time to read all the posts. And I'm not Bandwagoning because after Ness did the big claim I don't believe it because I don't think their is a Jack Of All Trades and that user is just saying that so they don't get lynched so that is my reason why I voted for Ness.

@tom Maybe telling my role was a bad idea. And yes what you said what my first Mafia game. And I'm not lurking the topic moves very fast so it takes a long time to read all the posts. And I'm not Bandwagoning because after Ness did the big claim I don't believe it because I don't think their is a Jack Of All Trades and that user is just saying that so they don't get lynched so that is my reason why I voted for Ness.
Is your role name, 'The Tower'

:(

Oh well, i'll see you guys after the game. I can't convince you i'm town but w/e, i'm pretty sure that Dolby is town.

Tom said:

You know, i've played really cool this game. You don't need to be a **** and remind me about how emotional I can get in this game. Lay off, I don't appreciate it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

why are you trying to take your scum buddy down with you?

I'm not scum though, i'm saying Dolby is town.

You know, i've played really cool this game. You don't need to be a **** and remind me about how emotional I can get in this game. Lay off, I don't appreciate it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not scum though, i'm saying Dolby is town.

to be fair you played really well day 1. hence in my read I said you weren't scummy at all until the counterclaim.

i'm still waiting on why I'm going to look bad if you die. this
Alexi if I die you're going to look really bad.

But... guess I just gotta keep waiting. 2 more hours.

Back