• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Attack on Titan - [Game Over/Town Wins]

Well when I have multiple people saying things like "ur reads suck" or "are always wrong", kinda makes me lose confidence in my scum reads/town play, just saying.
but since you mention it - when I flip town, take my sus reads into account cause nobody did this in xeno and I wanted to scream.

This is my thoughts about the players so far.

Cory

Cadbberry

Shiida

Alexi

Dolby

Heyden

ClamEatsCurry

Trundle

Crys

Ashtot

Ayaya

Call Me Daniel

Entropy

Kevinnn

Wild Blue Yonder

Sataric

taesaek

Miharu

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Considering the vague quality responses and the seeming to question dodge which is unlike tardis in the games I have played previously with them I am placing my vote on them.

@Tardis, there's a lot of null there.. care to elaborate on any of those? You seem to sus read Cadbbery partly because she jumped on the Hayden vote, with that reasoning how is Kevin not a sus read then?

if you go back and read my posts I explained this so. many. times.

I read the three links you quoted to someone, I thought you would have put them at null for the most part after sussing like that.

Kevin.
@Ashtot - you and your brother both give the same reasonings lol. Honestly I'm trying to understand how I'm always "wrong" or as trundle said "give bad reads".

Let me refer to Tarot in which I scumread the entire scum team (making cases on ness, tom, and tardis) and in xeno where I was right about you and Dolby before I died n2.

I love that you bring up the subject of shady voting, since your vote was shady as hell, which initially pushed my vote to you. Who votes on someone but doesn't say anything in the thread?

Actually thinking it over, I would hope you weren't that dumb as scum to do it, so if anything you're half null.
I'm not tunneling on you btw, I've backed off sort of.

I'm pretty sure Daniel is maf, but I think you should rethink Ashtot. Idk, like I said he's hard to read. He's acting way different (more active) than when sus was on him in xeno, but he's said some pretty scummy things so far..

I wouldn't really call that a case, but your post merge that says "I really think we should lynch Cad today." raises some red flags for me.

After ISOing him I believe that regardless of the scummy things he's said, his play style is more town than scum, but I'm still half null on him.

Also why are you ignoring this post?
Basically some elaboration on your colored reads would be helpful.

Kevin.

After ISOing him I believe that regardless of the scummy things he's said, his play style is more town than scum, but I'm still half null on him.

Also why are you ignoring this post?
Basically some elaboration on your colored reads would be helpful.

Well, my read on you had a lot to do with Ashtot, so that'll dim down a bit.
Also, I'm sort of leaning on voting for Cadberry, high sus of them.
I genuinely don't like their style of play, paraphrasing a lot of what others have to say right after, whether it's questioning Trundler's inspection minutes after Tae did, town leaning Miharu after Entropy said so, down to echoing Heyden about Tardis' play style.
And not to mention

I was told they could in my first few games so I assume they could now. But just incase I will ask,
Can Mafia communicate during this game?

This was sort of why I was split with town/scum lean, but I'm thinking high sus for them now.

Well, my read on you had a lot to do with Ashtot, so that'll dim down a bit.
Also, I'm sort of leaning on voting for Cadberry, high sus of them.
I genuinely don't like their style of play, paraphrasing a lot of what others have to say right after, whether it's questioning Trundler's inspection minutes after Tae did, town leaning Miharu after Entropy said so, down to echoing Heyden about Tardis' play style.
And not to mention

This was sort of why I was split with town/scum lean, but I'm thinking high sus for them now.

With questioning trundle I was asking something a lot of people were thinking, so sorry I had the same question as another person, and if you read forward someone said the same thing about my post to Miharu and if you noticed I replied and said HER POST WASN'T THERE WHEN I WAS TYPING. I'm sorry but I am getting a bit short tempered since I have been defending the same damn things I already defended.

Just a heads up, I'm going to be super busy next few days. Not sure if I should get a replacement or not, but I could definitely still contribute. Today, specifically, I will have very later time. Keeping vote on Tardis for now, and I'll probably just jump main bandwagon by the end of day.

Hi guys, just got home from the wedding(Had to sleep at a nearby relatives because anyone who would drive including myself took shots hahaha....), so I'll read what I've missed, possibly take a nap because I didn't sleep much, and make a couple of cases. Sorry for the inactivity yesterday.

Someone I wanna bring attention to that has gone long unnoticed is:
Ayaya

Basic Summary:
She has practically coasted this whole game, reminds me a whole lot of her silence in BoI mafia. She has also done very little to help at all and really only asks questions and doesn't make a stand on much, with the exception of Kevinnn. I admit, I'm guilty of the same things. But Town Ayaya is usually an active scumhunter, while scum ayaya is very silent and reserved. I think she'd be a good lynch.

Well, you're not mafia, are you? Why didn't you answer that in the first place? Instead you said:

Instead of answering plainly that you're not mafia to a question that's obviously reaction testing, you dodged and made a remark against Trundle instead. What made you respond that way? And what do you mean by "nothing to go off"?

Hi! Have you had time to read the thread?

Lol either way I'm gonna look scummy, but will do! I want to improve my scumhunting this game :)

What she says about Kevinnn really threw me off. There's no real answer to a question like "Why aren't you scum". Saying "I'm not Mafia" is barely an answer since we all play/imitate town. How is that a satisfying answer when everyone would say they are town?

I still think Trundle is town, he's playing similarly to scummy mafia where he's a bad town and just say someone is scummy with little to no reason.

Not sure about the rest. I hope it'll get clearer in D2 :(
This game is in no way similar to Scummies trundle. In that game Trundle barely read his role, and gave up playing, didn't try defending himself and double voted himself when he knew he couldn't change it. I would call that game throwing, clearing him as town while using meta from that game in particular is pretty bad imo.

I honestly don't know who to vote and out of the people on my radar, you're the one who showed signs to be likely scum. I also have another reason but I'll elaborate on that later.

Okay, she votes Kevinnn, but doesn't say why he's scum. If you really think he's scum, why didn't you try convincing the others to vote for him too with this "other reason" you never said? Pretty weak attempt to seem like you're scumhunting.

??? Could you please state where I was "stirring a couple of pots" and "making long and fairly detailed cases against a bunch of people, most of which seem vague at best." ??? because I haven't made any case at all, I was questioning a lot of people looking for reactions. I didn't vote for Tom because I have my own reasons voting for Kevinnn. I'm leaving it at that.
Again, doesn't share her reasoning for Kevinnn. This mysterious reason apparently overpowers everyone else's suspicions on other players, yet you don't care to share it.

In the process of making reads now that I'm home. It's going to take a while because I'm tired.

As for Trundle, he claimed because he was about to be lynched and caused Tom, the mafia strongman, to be lynched instead. If he is scumbuddies with Tom, I think he'd let himself get lynched to keep the Strongman alive. As such, he is definitely not scum.

For the mafia RB, isn't it possible that they RBed a VT thinking that they're a PR? They seemed to make that mistake when they killed Jacob since Trundle mentioned he might be blue. I'm guessing the same for Kat since she's not as active as usual, so they probably thought she's PR too.

How did you conclude that? Isn't it possible that scum trundle could have a better role or just better player in general? Also Trundle claimed when the conflict on who to lynch was still happening. Trundle was the main vote, but people were torn on the others to vote for. Everyone ended up voting for Tom in the end, but it was a "Tom or Trundle" situation like you make it out to be. The case that caused everyone to vote for Tom happened around the same time as the claim.

I apologize in advance for the rushed read, will do a better one after I get a good night sleep.

Cory
I feel like Cory is really just a bad town atm. As evident by his posts, he's pushing Hayden so much to the point where it kind of feels like he has something against him, but I can somewhat understand his frustration as Hayden isn't playing his best. It's a good thing that Cory playing like his town meta (as I mentioned before) because I feel like this is Town vs Town, and anyone who want to lynch them over this argument is taking advantage of the situation​

Alexi
She's giving me the same vibes as Trump where she tries to actively contribute. She voted for Ashtot but I can't find her reasons for it through skimming her post filter beside her putting Ashtot on http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?370687-TBT-Mafia-Attack-on-Titan-Day-Two&p=6581534&viewfull=1#post6581534]her color-coded list?[/url] Please link me if I missed them. I'm waiting for her case on Daniel before looking closely on her.​

Cadbberry
I'm kinda ??? how people are focusing at Cad who's fairly new right now? She didn't vote for Tom which does make her suspicious, her noobslip was awkward because, shouldn't she know that mafia share a QT if she pay attention to the end of the game? She's suspicious to me because of these things, but at the same time there's a chance she's just noob town who made a mistake in her reading/votes, and scum is taking advantage of that :/ I'll see how things goes and if no one else stands out, I'll place my vote on her.

Kevinnn
So my reason for voting Kevinnn was really a reaction test. I thought if I leave him be, he'll stay under the radar so I kept my vote on him to get a reaction. I didn't get the reaction I was expecting, unfortunately. I'm null on him for now, he hasn't posted much for me to decide.​

And at this point I'm too tired so I'll continue tomorrow. I wrote those four first because Alexi, Cad, and Cory seem to stand out and easier to read atm, and Kevinnn was the player I was focused on before D2. I'll start looking closely on other players when I'm not half dead.

Townreads atm are entropy, Hayden, Trundle, Cory, and shiida. The rest will be looked closely later. Good night!​

I mainly want to focus on the Cad & Kevinnn reads. Cad because it doesn't make sense. She doesn't understand why people are focusing on a new player(When she's really not that new) but she says her posts are the only posts that "stick out". I'm guessing this is your biggest scumread because you're certain that you'll vote for her(even though it was way to early to decide a vote), but you still are uncertain that she is actually scum. A lot of flip flopping there.

For Kevin, what reaction were you expecting? Instead of actually locking a vote on who you thought was scum, you dragged a reaction vote WAY too long. It looks to me like you tried to look like you were trying to vote or scum, but when people questioned it you said(Oh it was just a reaction test!) Apparently reaction voting overpowers voting for scum.

You earn my vote for today, you're either poor town or scum. I can understand people's suspicions on Tardis, so I won't be upset with his lynch, but I think we need to look into Aya more.​

hey scumlord, do you wanna elaborate on your other scum reads?

Gonna post Current Reads before i have to leave for the wedding, I'll explain the reasoning of my scum reads and who I think should be lynched when I get home:
Town:
Cory
Entropy
Crys/Bango
Dolby
WildBlueYonder
Trundle/Bingo
Ashtot
Shiida

Scum
Sataric
Heyden
Ayaya
Alexi
Tae
Cad
Null:
ClamEatsCurry
Miharu
Tardis
Kevinnn

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tae's actually null i put him in the wrong list sorry

Actually can you explain on some of the town reads as well? Reading through all your posts, they're literally all filler posts. That list was the first time you posted any read besides believing that Trundle and Jacob were scum and Trundle was bussing him from the start.
Where did the town read on Ashtot come from?

I honestly can't decide who I'd like to lynch more, Daniel or Tardis.

I reawoke again so yeah I can.

Cory- From what I'm reading, it seems like whenever he has a thought, he actually posts it on the thread(chain on post merges when he changes that thought too). It seems pretty genuine to me and he seems to speak what's on his mind and holds nothing back.
Entropy- Led a successful lynch on scum when if she was mafia, she could have just let town stay conflicted and probably mislynch.
Crys/Bango- Roughly the same as what I think of Cory. Not holding anything back and calls out anything scummy regardless of whether or not it's a fully developed thought or not. Looks like they're honestly trying to help town.
Dolby- Actively hunting for scum here. I go by the philosophy that "A silent Dolby is a dangerous one", and that's not present here. Seems to be making an actual effort to help town and not just coast by like he usually does as scum.
Miharu- Before I was unsure about how i felt about her. Her lack of posting actual thoughts and when she did, would be general to avoid picking at someone was off to me. But seeing she's a noob, it would make sense that she would. Obviously i wouldn't clear someone just for their experience, but her recent attempt to get more information out of players seems for town like. Now I'm thinking she's town.
WildBlueYonder- Probably my favorite new comer in the game. Has experienced in Mafia, and she shows it. Thoughts are rather developed and seems honest when it comes to answering questions. Even provides us her meta for both alignments, which I don't think she should/would have as scum.
Trundle/Bingo- I believe his claim, simple as that.
Ashtot- His play from when I've seen him as scum to here is different. Out of Sataric Vs. Ashtot, I like the posts Ashtot made. He's going by his own thoughts and states them as scum. There's a tone of honest in his post.(Is there a reason you wanted to know about this read in general?)
Shiida- I don't think she would have claimed as scum. Claiming VT early on seems like a pretty questionable thing and I believe her scum mates wouldn't have let her do that. Overall open to questioning and has honest answers.
Sataric- In his posts, he seems to just be trying to get on people's good side and give vague statments that don't really share what he actually thinks. I'm kinda disappointed in his play here. He doesn't give much to help town at all when he usually does.
Heyden- I actually didn't think he was scum until he got pressured and called as scum by the others, his reaction isn't good. His thoughts are either aggressive or all over the place. He's acting overall serious, which is very different from town heyden who sometimes makes fun of the current situations in a game. If Tardis flips red, I'll probably clear him a bit more.
Alexi- You say a lot and tend to act aggressive, but when it comes to giving reads, you don't deliver. You call me scum constantly, but you have actually not said why yet. Not sure if you're trying to get a reaction out of me or you really have no case against me. Because until i see a case(even your read on me doesn't say why you're suspicious), I'm inclined to believe that you're just trying to seem pro town by "scumhutning" when your reasonings on others are weak. I actually want you to make a case on me because that would show me you're actually town trying to lynch scum.
Cad- The thing that made me suspicious was this:
The thing with Cad's question is that it's something really odd to ask. The point of Mafia is "The informed vs the uninformed", it's pretty well stated that the mafia know each other and communicate to kill town. A question like that coming from a not so new player would be really off. I don't think a scum would ask that or tell their partner to ask that, because it's just so obvious a question.
Just by reading the introduction letter to mafia, it's easy to see that mafia can communicate with each other. I feel like this is an intentional attempt to noobslip, but I'm not sure if her or her scumteam would risk doing that. This is what conflicted me the most about her, because before she seemed to try to play better, but the posts seemed to be directed by a team. I'm starting to become null on her because there's just a lot of factors that could make her town or scum.

Ramadan starts tomorrow and following the observances, I'll have to back out from this game starting from tomorrow and unable to participate in any games for a month. I have asked Minties to find a replacement for me and hopefully someone will be able to take my place. I'm very sorry to do this.

Since I still have time, I will at least reply to Daniel's case on me.

Someone I wanna bring attention to that has gone long unnoticed is:
Ayaya
I love how people are using the font color generator website too

Basic Summary:
She has practically coasted this whole game, reminds me a whole lot of her silence in BoI mafia. She has also done very little to help at all and really only asks questions and doesn't make a stand on much, with the exception of Kevinnn. I admit, I'm guilty of the same things. But Town Ayaya is usually an active scumhunter, while scum ayaya is very silent and reserved. I think she'd be a good lynch.
All of these are fair points but I strongly disagree on the last part.

What she says about Kevinnn really threw me off. There's no real answer to a question like "Why aren't you scum". Saying "I'm not Mafia" is barely an answer since we all play/imitate town. How is that a satisfying answer when everyone would say they are town?
What do you think about Kevinnn's answer to Trundle's question then? Because I started questioning him because of his odd way of answering it. As I said "(...) you dodged and made a remark against Trundle instead. What made you respond that way?"

This game is in no way similar to Scummies trundle. In that game Trundle barely read his role, and gave up playing, didn't try defending himself and double voted himself when he knew he couldn't change it. I would call that game throwing, clearing him as town while using meta from that game in particular is pretty bad imo.
I'm not sure what this point means. So I used a bad meta to refer Trundle's town play, your point is? I'm trying to defend Trundle? I'm trying to pocket him? I know he's town and used a bad meta because I can't come up with a better reason? What? Because that was like around 30 mins before day ends and didn't really have time to make a convincing argument. And if I'm scum, why would I try to defend Trundle at that time when the mafia strongman is possibly getting lynched?

Okay, she votes Kevinnn, but doesn't say why he's scum. If you really think he's scum, why didn't you try convincing the others to vote for him too with this "other reason" you never said? Pretty weak attempt to seem like you're scumhunting.

Again, doesn't share her reasoning for Kevinnn. This mysterious reason apparently overpowers everyone else's suspicions on other players, yet you don't care to share it.
This one is indeed my mistake. Explained below.

How did you conclude that? Isn't it possible that scum trundle could have a better role or just better player in general? Also Trundle claimed when the conflict on who to lynch was still happening. Trundle was the main vote, but people were torn on the others to vote for. Everyone ended up voting for Tom in the end, but it was a "Tom or Trundle" situation like you make it out to be. The case that caused everyone to vote for Tom happened around the same time as the claim.
You actually bring up good points I didn't even consider/realize. But again, I'm not sure why you bring up my defense on Trundle here. Do you think he's scum and I'm his scummate?

I mainly want to focus on the Cad & Kevinnn reads. Cad because it doesn't make sense. She doesn't understand why people are focusing on a new player(When she's really not that new) but she says her posts are the only posts that "stick out". I'm guessing this is your biggest scumread because you're certain that you'll vote for her(even though it was way to early to decide a vote), but you still are uncertain that she is actually scum. A lot of flip flopping there.
Where did I mention bolded? I think you misinterpreting my post because I said, "I'll see how things goes and if no one else stands out, I'll place my vote on her." meaning she's my last resort vote if we can't find other potential scum on D2.

For Kevin, what reaction were you expecting? Instead of actually locking a vote on who you thought was scum, you dragged a reaction vote WAY too long. It looks to me like you tried to look like you were trying to vote or scum, but when people questioned it you said(Oh it was just a reaction test!) Apparently reaction voting overpowers voting for scum.
I can't explain why I dragged it out too long specifically (take that as you will) but basically, I thought that if there's a small chance that Kevinnn might be scum, he might coast by unnoticed, so I voted him to see if he'll get worried by the vote or that his scummate would question me for it to defend him (and possibly make a case on me because of it) it's a strategy I wanted to test out, which doesn't really work as well as in my head. It was stupid and made me look really scummy now that I realized.

You earn my vote for today, you're either poor town or scum. I can understand people's suspicions on Tardis, so I won't be upset with his lynch, but I think we need to look into Aya more.
:(

Maybe it's just me but are you trying to redirect town from a Tardis lynch to me?

Feel free to discuss my responses to these with other players if you wish as I won't be here to clarify them further. I'm very sorry for this unfortunate timing :(

What just made me even more confident in you being scum was when you started to scum read Sataric just because others were bringing it up. How are you disappointed in his play? because he's suspicious of you? or is it the "serious pro-town vibe" you've got going on here?
Sataric you can't flirt with Minties she's my boo now :mad:
filler #1

Yes, "Woman-Snatcher" :mad:
filler #2

Very well - I do not technically have to flirt because between me and Minties there is no need for words.. Just physical actions. ;)

Now let us stay on topic. Do you have an opinion regarding Taesaek's 'blunder' that Alexi first pointed out? Do you feel like it's suspicious in any way or can you see how someone would be able to misinterpret the question enough to give the answer that Taesaek did despite being innocent?
Your response to this makes absolutely no sense but I'm gonna quote it anyways
You need to stop this madness now

Is this a direct question at me or for everyone in general? I took the Answer as him saying "I have barely any experience as scum so I wouldn't want to be it". I wouldn't nessarily conpletley ignoring the question.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Call it conpletley*
Like what even is this. I applaud you for answering it instead of just ignoring or staying away from the topic to derail the thread, but I have yet to see how you can possibly be disappointed in his play style when yours is plain horrible.

Jacob also decided to start some discussion by putting you as a scum-lean early on, and honestly I think he was onto something. Not surprised that you scum read him after that. OMGUS seems to be your favorite tactic this game.
Jacob is, and no that's not OMGUS for anything that'll think that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

anyone* sorry I"m focused on the gorilla thread
Did you mention it before anyone could call you out for it? You never even gave reasoning's as to why Jacob was scummy besides his responses were "robotic".

Another thing to note is since you're null on Tardis, I'm actually even more inclined to think you are scum because you "wouldn't be an upset with a tardis lynch". Are you willing to just sheep with town in hopes that people will town read you for it?

Something I found earlier when I was looking into your posts, and when Tardis posted his rqs was this:
I wanted a different role I got tired of being town.
I'm still not getting it. So you didn't want to be town, but then why did you say you prefer to be town?
It means I wanted a break from being town.
Is this a slip?

Tom pointed out that this may be a slip... Interesting, I'm wondering if that was a slight bus, and you decided to back off so you both weren't showing the same thoughts. Definitely something scummy as hell going on here.
You dismissed this & immediately went onto a new player after this, asking for her thoughts and even though she's even been a better town player than you at this point, you're null on her... I'm not sure what to make of this to be honest, but it's definitely something worth mentioning since Tom flipped red and you two are my top scum reads atm.

I'm not sure what this point means. So I used a bad meta to refer Trundle's town play, your point is? I'm trying to defend Trundle? I'm trying to pocket him? I know he's town and used a bad meta because I can't come up with a better reason? What? Because that was like around 30 mins before day ends and didn't really have time to make a convincing argument. And if I'm scum, why would I try to defend Trundle at that time when the mafia strongman is possibly getting lynched?

You actually bring up good points I didn't even consider/realize. But again, I'm not sure why you bring up my defense on Trundle here. Do you think he's scum and I'm his scummate?

Maybe it's just me but are you trying to redirect town from a Tardis lynch to me?

Feel free to discuss my responses to these with other players if you wish as I won't be here to clarify them further. I'm very sorry for this unfortunate timing :(

Yes I meant pocketing using bad meta. Why not defend Trundle? He claimed JoaT, so it's pretty obvious why won't lynch him. Trying to say he's town doesn't really do much because he was no longer in danger, it just seemed to me you were trying to help out/pocket him when it wasn't needed.

I just found your conclusion interesting, I just wanted to hear what you had to say about it.

I'm a lot more comfortable with your lynch then i would be Tardis(I don't ever know what i think about him since he acts scummy like every game, even in Xeno where i knew he was town). I want to at least bring up another lynch candidate who I'm more confident is scum.

Gonna answer Alexi's post

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just because someone doesn't voice a suspicion, doesn't mean they aren't suspicious at all. I felt a bit off about Sat's posts, so i wrote it as weird in my will, but him still not posting much later on got me more suspicious.

What was the point of posting the filler posts? You say all I post is filler, but that's only 2 posts from early day 1. How do you feel about players who didn't post any thing of substance but still posted at all yet? I jabbed a couple of jokes while still staying on topic. Not sure if that even counts as filler when I still stayed on topic and had said stuff before.

Purpose of quoting that response then? How does it make me scummy? Sataric asked me how i felt about Tae's answer and I thought of it as him saying he doesn't want to be scum because he hasn't been scum, instead of complete avoiding the question like others thought. What doesn't make sense about it?

I backed off of Tardis because I didn't see what other info i would get for pushing him. I kinda asked the same question twice and got the same answer from him, so asking him again wouldn't have done much i figured. If you think Tardis and I are both scum, do you really think 2 teammates would unnecessarily push another teammate? Wouldn't that be overkill? I stopped with Tardis and someone else picked up with what i said, that makes me scum?

Not sure what you're getting at with Miharu. She didn't post anything of substance and said she read the thread, I just asked what a new players thoughts were and see what she would have said about the game? Just because you think she's a better town player than me, doesn't mean i should townread her. Not sure what you're trying to say here.

I'm not saying I'll sleep town, I'm saying I don't know what to think about Tardis anymore. His posts are always off in every game, I don't know what makes him scum and what makes him town at this point. I'd be okay with his lynch because he confuses me way to much and there's a possibility he could be scum, but I'd rather go with Ayaya since I'm more confident there.

Daniel you're not making any sense. Ayaya was actually one of the few that didn't jump on the Trundle BW and if she would've, then she would have been a lot more sus imo. That wasn't a pocket cause it's (at least imo) easy to see when Trundles town or mafia. Scum was in the Trundle bw, e.g. Tom. I'm pretty sure he switched off of Hayden so he'd blend in more. Ayaya didn't pile on either BW, while yes it was a waste of a vote but she also wasn't there iirc.

You're p known to make this drawn out and lengthy cases as scum but I've seen you as mafia so many times that I forgot if you actually even do this as town.

Back