• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia TBT Fair Mafia 2020 | Game (Starting 8/31 at 9PM EST)

So yeah I thought about it more. There was no reason to claim there as cop since both masons and cop were hidden, if BP was left uncc'd, then cop would know that they had two cc's, and should've claimed, but since BP hasn't been cc'd, evan's cop claim is mafia/fool oriented, and is likely mafia.

AMA
Post automatically merged:

also fwiw I asked for a specific set of claims in a specific order. I didn't realize I was cc'd for a hot sec but I'm just gonna ignore that for now til everyone claims.

in case you're wondering.

No I didn't read d1 at all.
oops....

my bad, havent checked the thread much today but i am the one shot bullet proof.

So yeah I thought about it more. There was no reason to claim there as cop since both masons and cop were hidden, if BP was left uncc'd, then cop would know that they had two cc's, and should've claimed, but since BP hasn't been cc'd, evan's cop claim is mafia/fool oriented, and is likely mafia.

AMA
can u explain that again but explain it to me like im 5 years old because i am so confused

man if i knew there were gonna be this many prs i would not have joined lmao

well shawo you CC’d final technically

final claimed the very beginning before discussion of claiming even started

evan claimed cop like RIGHT after i claimed BP and no one else was online to interact with my claim, so i wouldn't say i was left un CC'd at that time

evan also seemed to have claimed in response to me reinforcing cop results were unreliable and volt agreeing, so if anything you should be saying im the one who baited the cop claim and there was no reason for me to claim too

evan did indeed claim the last non mason town role left, but we’ll look into that after ronishy volt and tae claim

Last edited:
yehllo friends.
sorry ive been traveling and its been kinda a mess with airports. i 100% spaced that this started last night so pls be nice to me while i read the thread.

i mean im being devils advocate but iirc this shawo's 4d chess made him be sheeped as mafia at mafia renaissance (?) but oh well

he wasnt automatically sheeped as maf until after he tried to push me out to lunch when i hot headed replied to his weak read on me after not reading like, anything from D1. he was sketchy as heck. shawo is a calculated hard fast claim kinda player from what ive witnessed (ive only played one game with him though) and i've also never played an all PR role game so this is pretty different compared to anything else ive played before. i'm still catching up on the thread but i wanted to mention my impeding forever sus on shawo for all of eternity bc of that damn game. X)

hi tae all you gotta know is that you should claim now but if you’re a mason fake claim for now and real claim when everyone else has

same for you ronishy

I mean my immediate thought was that you were mafia Daniel.

I mean yeah it was my fault I had assumed nothing of value happened on the first page.... and it was just you and volt sposting...

Basically here's how it is in my mind.

Once miller get's cc'd, there's BP/Cop/Masons/(1 fool/2 mafia) who have yet to claim.

Obviously no one can CC the miller, so if someone flips BP/Cop, who would be the most important claim?

Well.... the cop, because at least the cop has a semi relevant ability to find the roleblocker.

So when there's a miller cc (which has a 2/3 chance of flipping vill repo) would you rather claim or hide as cop?

I guess another way to think about it is....

"Why would cop claim unless they were expecting a cc."

Here's the process.

Roleblocker can only cc 2 roles, "cop and miller."

But GF can cc all 3 roles.

HOWEVER, mafia can't cc the same role.

So by waiting to see if BP is cc'd, you automatically sort out the roles of who cc'd what role.

Due to the fact that there's currently 2 miller claims, you know that there's 2 (mafia/fool) who can claim a given role.

So if 2 people cc BP, you automatically know that the roleblocker is in the millers, and at that point claiming/not claiming doesn't matter because all reports are set.

However, if 1 person cc's BP, and cop stays unclaimed.

It's actually fair to assume that either the fool/gf is ccing the miller. (due to the fact that fool wouldn't pick a role that's forced to hide/cop in that situation.)

So in that situation having a cop report (by lynching in BPs) can be fairly relevant.

Anyways. This post is getting long.

I think what I'm trying to say is.

"There's a lot of thought process that can go into a cop claim, and evan didn't make any of it."

I think either dedenne or evan is fool.... soooooo

ok I'm so sorry that wall post is long:

tl;dr

think what I'm trying to say is.

"There's a lot of thought process that can go into a cop claim, and evan didn't make any of it."

I think either dedenne or evan is fool.... soooooo

Just ignore the rest of my post it was just me spitballing.

shawo apparently not reading the thread might mean he’s not mafia tbh

@tae we need ur thots u thoughts <3
freindly reminder that he was mafia messenger in renaissance and he did not read the thread at all D1. pls do not underestimate him ;-;

Update: Final arcadia is my cc.

Not reading d1 of forum mafia isn't alignment tell. It's just my meta at this point.

Tae cc miller cop or bp :)

Once role claims are completely sorted we can solve this game down to a mechanical set of plays.

I mean you don't even need to townread me to divide up the game into a set of cc's (it's going to happen anyways.)

So I think the best situation here is that we make it as hard as possible for mafia/fool to choose their cc's in a way that's beneficial to them.

If you read my wall post you'll see that there are a few sets of optimal cc's but none of that ~really~ matters.

Basically, if we can divide the cc's up in a way that benefits town we win!
(Since we have 3 lynches, and 2 mafia, being able to ignore the fool cc through role claim logic is best.)

However, due to the fact that I, as mafia, can try to lead the game towards the town in a fool cc being lynched, it'll be mostly up to just scumhunting/very very simple mechanics.

Like if I'm going to be completely honest, 90% of the time any set of lynches doesn't have any mechanical autowin over another, the best thing that can happen is masons mixing up the claims in such a way that it causes fool/mafia to double cc a role. Obviously this is only the case because of Evan's claim. What we should have done is all crumbed our roles seperately, then all mass claimed in a way that forced mafia/fool to be unable to coordinate. But hey, who cares.

Last edited:
shawo you said the l word you entire post is invalidated now

volt is surprisingly reluctant to claim it seems

ugh @Antonio

can I edit my posts to remove the offending word.

I literally can't help it I've played mafia for years.

1598994899393.png

waddup its me ur friendly one-shot fanfic writer. pls dont shoot me.

Back