• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Switch lite dilemma- help

What should I do? (Read the post)

• Swap it while you can: that’s not normal!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • It’s fine, keep it and stick it out

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

BluebearL

Bells
Hello switch lite owners, I have a problem:
From as little as 5-10 minutes of playing on my switch (I only own acnh as of now), it heats up quite a bit. It’s not super hot, it could be worse but it is getting worse every day. I got it a week ago so I can go and exchange it for a new one but I will loose my acnh data so it’s not exactly ideal. I can also always hear the fan although it’s not super loud but I notice it.

Have you guys experienced the same thing? Is it normal or should I exchange it for another one while I can?

I'm guessing it's normal as I notice this with my regular Switch while playing in handheld mode as well. I often find when it heats up/the fan gets loud is when I'm not holding it the best so it's not getting proper air circulation. Keep in mind the Switch is unlike the 3DS, it requires quite a bit of power to run so vents to let air in for cooling and fans are required.

Just try holding it differently (watch for the vents) and try to take more breaks when the fan starts making noise.

It's normal, unfortunately.

To add onto what Holla said, even if you're just sitting/lying down with the Switch resting against your clothing or a blanket etc this can block the air intake and/or output. You just need to adapt how you would normally position a handheld console to accommodate.

Hmm my only issue is I usually hold it on the sides and not touching the back, I also never play against things which is what make me unsure. Thank you both for the contributions! I was feeling pretty unsure hahaha

I think it's normal. At least on the normal one also gets hot while playing...

mine gets warm while playing for prolonged periods! i can also hear the fan in mine at times. i've had mine for about three months now and it's still doing okay!

Back