Struggling!!! with the dang stag's

lunachii

Bells
Switch
0046-0281-3834
I'm trying to catch up with my encyclopedia, and I'm missing a lot of the beetles\stags like the cyclommatus stag, the giant stag, giraffe stag, hornet atlas etc. My method with catching bugs or fish is often to go the nook islands, now I've dug holes on the entire island and only have a few trees out so they can spawn while i run back and forth to spawn them. But omg I just keep getting the horned dynastid, miyama stag and the saw stag x_x I'm starting to think my wikipage is wrong and the others spawn on the palm trees ??? It's ridiculous how long I've been on the nook island (yes its at the right time of day btw haha) and I've seen none of my missing bugs. Are they THAT rare??? What am I doing wrong lol

Yep, all of those beetles spawn on palm trees. You're tactic with the trees will work, just change it to palm trees and you're good to go!

I thought I had all of them...but I still need to golden stag. Luckily, I still have August to find one.

Had a minor panic this morning that it might have been leaving after July. Lol.

Also, somehow I ended up selling the giraffe stag the first time I found it. Really have no idea how that happened. But I was looking in my encyclopedia and the red dot was there, but not the Blathers stamp. Worst feeling ever. Hahaha. Luckily, I did find another one a day or two later.

So it is palm trees then???? Damnit, the wiki im looking at said spawns on trees x_x thank you tho, ill change it so i dont waste my time anymore lol

Let me preface this by saying I haven't ever time-traveled for items, seasons or construction, not that there's anything wrong with that if it's your thing. I've only ever time-traveled backward within a single day, and only for this express purpose I'm suggesting.

My advice is that when you log in for the first time any given day, set your Switch system time to 5AM the same day, and hunt tree bugs for that first hour or so, especially if it's raining. You get more big tree beetle spawns at that hour because far fewer bugs are active that early (and it's much easier to spot them than it is at night). Once you've gotten what you're after, or enough time has elapsed that other bugs are regularly showing up, re-sync your clock to the internet, and you're back to normal. No big deal. Try again the next morning if you didn't get lucky!

I was having an especially difficult time getting Giraffe Stags and Scarab Beetles, and I got plenty doing this a few times over a couple weeks.

I got lucky since my island seems pretty good about spawning all the stags. I think the only bug I didn't find was the scarab, which I got on a nook island tour after making the island more palm tree bug friendly. My island has been a bit of a hot spot for my friends to bug, fish and dive recently haha. My island is open to anyone and everyone if you ever wanna swing by. c:

Gl on your hunt. It's pretty frustrating with some bugs. It took me forever with the scorpion.

Took me until at least halfway through July to get all of them! I still haven't seen the giraffe stag more than once, same with the Walking Stick.

I tried hunting for the super rare beetles when they first became available but none ever appeared so I gave up. I decided to just let it go and simply keep a lookout if they appeared and they eventually did. The golden stag, giraffe stag, and horned hercules seem especially rare as I’ve only seen them the one time that I caught them.

yeah bad info, palm trees only for most of them. hope you at least caught a good amount of scarabs on those tries

Try this:

Find a bamboo mystery island. Cut everything down except the palm trees on the beach. Then just walk around in circles - the bugs spawn pretty quickly. I caught all the rare beetles that way, including several golden stags.

The only golden stag I saw was a glimpse of a golden wing flying away.

Try this:

Find a bamboo mystery island. Cut everything down except the palm trees on the beach. Then just walk around in circles - the bugs spawn pretty quickly. I caught all the rare beetles that way, including several golden stags.
i did this also, it worked great but takes some time, u can bring a tree or 2 to add from ur own island :D
also i reccomend any nmt island that dosent have a river or a pond

i did this also, it worked great but takes some time, u can bring a tree or 2 to add from ur own island :D
also i reccomend any nmt island that dosent have a river or a pond

Yes!! To add to this, I took the 4 palm trees from a NMT island and hopped a bit until I hit one without a river. Cleared everything and planted the palm trees at the beach and just ran around until I got what I needed!

One of the worst changes in NH was that stuff like horned dynastids and miyama stags can show up on palm trees now u_u

The amount of times I’ve had to double-take when I saw a bug on the palm tree, only to realize it’s rly common... grrr

I'm still missing the golden stag and giant stag; I've never seen either of them spawn! It took me ages to get the others, too. Best advice for the palm ones is the strategy everyone else is saying; bamboo islands full of palms are your best bet most times.

Back