• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Strategy for desert island escape?

Animecafe102

Bells
Switch
5592-1533-4324
Snow Globe
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
New Horizons Token
Mother's Day Carnation
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Ok so lately I've been having fun playing desert island escape again (I was gonna abbreviate it every time so I wouldn't have to type it out but then I realized the abbreviation would be DIE which would be kinda weird for me to just keep putting DIE lol) and I was thinking about what kind of teams people find work for them? I can't remember my teams on my main game off the top of my head but on my side game I've been playing with Diana, Katt, and Sprinkle for my mayor player and for my alt player she's got a team of Rover, Reese, and Luna. These teams have been working fairly well but I'm curious what teams people find get them the highest score? I just thought it'd be interesting to hear about!

Last edited:
I started trying to play "seriously" a while ago, and found using 2 koalas (Whimsy) and a hippo (Fearless) works pretty well, though I might switch out the hippo once I come up with something better. It also really helped to use maps for the levels - I used this Reddit guide, which also has some other resources that might be helpful.
This Reddit guide also has some info on building good teams.

I've had the best luck with two Kangaroos (Whimsy) and one Dog (Sniff 'Em Out). Whimsy gets tons of movement, and I like seeing what I'm walking into. I'm still having a hard time getting those high target scores for the hard difficulty, though.

Huh seems like two whimsy villagers may be a good idea lol, I might try that if I ever manage to get some villager amiibo cards

Last edited:
Whimsy definitely is a big help. In terms of just generally finding things faster, mapping out set pieces helped. Things like sails, logs, and certain enemies will always show up in specific spots. It is just a matter of getting good RNG that works for the characters you have.

Last edited:
I like horses for traveling far, which allows me to camp basically anywhere, and Celeste cause she flies. Althou, you dont really need a flyer on the lower levels.

Sounds like I need a whimsy thou. I used to use cats for their ability to fish, because I would die from lack of food alot. But after a while I realized I don't need food if I can escape quicker. Also I read Stonehenge spaces will always have somethin on them.

When I played, I didn't have any Amiibos so I had to use whoever I had in my town at the time. But I think I did okay with my team of Hans/Sydney, Monty, and Scoot.

I switched between Sydney (Whimsy) and Hans (Fearless) depending on the level and how good or bad the RNG was treating me that day. Some days, Sydney just did not want to help at all, and Hans worked out because, even though his movement was low, it was consistent and he could break through rocks and fight off creatures.

Scoot's soft-footed ability was really nice for sneaking passed enemies and he had the best movement after Sydney.

Monty I chose just for his movement of 4, but Dexterity had it's perks.

I managed to beat every level on all modes with just those 4 villagers and get all the prizes, so I don't think it was a bad team.

At some point I'd like to try with a villager that can break rocks, maybe when I get merengue I can try that (I think rhinos can break rocks? I could be wrong lol) I wish I had some amiibo cards lol, only card I have is Luna and then I have a few figures which are digby, rover, k.k. Slider, Reese, and Cyrus lol

Villagers with "strong and fearless" ability can do that. I own some amibo cards. Before i owned any i use Tybalt (welcome amibo card)(Lone hunter) He goes away from the pack, able to get more space done unless he get attacked. Stinky is a cat, So he can detect and catch fish without a fishing rod but the catch rate is very low.
After i owned amibo cards i used Pelly(flight), Dora (tunnel digger and detect pitfalls) and Marina(able to detect items such as paper)

Rover has the cat abilty, Reese and cyrus can create tools on their turn but that will miss their turn. Digby prob has Sniff em out!
K.K slider too as he is a dog

Yeah digby has sniff em out and so does k.k. I tested them all last night lol and Luna has first aid! The useful thing with the cat ability is if you get a fishing rod then cats have a 100% chance of catching at least two fish lol

Wooooo it makes me excited when I talk about strategy in this mini game!! I'd get back once I get myself calmed down a bit so I wouldn't need to make a damn long post!!

Wooooo it makes me excited when I talk about strategy in this mini game!! I'd get back once I get myself calmed down a bit so I wouldn't need to make a damn long post!!

makes sense your pfp is "Chai unstuck in pitfall trap"
oh also if there is any lookout that you can reach, get there first.
are the "Swimmer" ablity (eg. Lottie) useful or not?

makes sense your pfp is "Chai unstuck in pitfall trap"
oh also if there is any lookout that you can reach, get there first.
are the "Swimmer" ablity (eg. Lottie) useful or not?

Heheh right. Actually I was gonna switch my pfp to either Katrina or June unstuck version once I get the desired score in the last two stages. lol
Off topic but June's name in Japanese version is literally May, which I feel cute that both her names are early summer.

So, I don't really use Swimmers except for certain stages in advanced level. Stage 4 and 5. I'd rather use Honey Hunters to get foods, 'cause they're strong when you encounter enemy animals.

Last edited:
Generally I like to use julian/punchy/deirdre as a nice well rounded team but sometimes i switch out punchy for poncho for the honey? and when a map is really big i use phil instead of punchy to cover more ground. if there are a lot of monsters on the map i bring in muffy because she can make medicine!! I really like having deirdre on my team she's really cool and can sneak past monsters sometimes?

Back