• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Story of Seasons! <3

Mines downloading right now. The turtriol will be helpful hopefully, as I havnt played Harvest Moon in YEARS.

Mines downloading right now. The turtriol will be helpful hopefully, as I havnt played Harvest Moon in YEARS.

Yeah you should be fine they go over pretty much everything even "press A to use an equipped item" lol that's almost a given in nearly every game. But yeah the tutorials will more than enough help you get into the swing of things.

Wait, you customize the town too? I know that was a feature introduced in ANB, but since I didn't play that one, idk how I feel about that. :/ In HMDS I'd always wind up regretting my barn and coop placements, and I don't want that to happen with the entire town lol.

Wait, you customize the town too? I know that was a feature introduced in ANB, but since I didn't play that one, idk how I feel about that. :/ In HMDS I'd always wind up regretting my barn and coop placements, and I don't want that to happen with the entire town lol.

No no I was pointing out the fact that unlike ANB SOS already has a set town that you do not change or edit. You do get to edit your farm and the inside of your house though.

No no I was pointing out the fact that unlike ANB SOS already has a set town that you do not change or edit. You do get to edit your farm and the inside of your house though.

That's good, because trying to figure out how to fit buildings together is the pits. Although on the farm it's good to be able to control where you put things like the barn and coop...especially to mainstream your daily chores.

Since you seem familiar with ANB, is there anything new so far? I'm hesitating because I feel like it might just be so similar to ANB that it wouldn't be worth getting...

Oh good lol. Customization is nice, but sometimes there's just too much of it.

What do you guys think of the game so far? I really want it, but am a little hesitant to get it.

What do you guys think of the game so far? I really want it, but am a little hesitant to get it.

I'm in the same boat. I don't know if I should go by what I've seen in the LP of the Japanese version already or not (which did not impress me), so I'm waiting to hear what the hype features are about this game before I potentially take the plunge or ask the fam for it for my birthday next week.

I'm in the same boat. I don't know if I should go by what I've seen in the LP of the Japanese version already or not (which did not impress me), so I'm waiting to hear what the hype features are about this game before I potentially take the plunge or ask the fam for it for my birthday next week.

I got bored of the japanese lets play pretty fast. I think the video was too long and nothing exciting was happening so it didn't grab my attention.

I'm just wondering if it's a good game or if i should stay away from it like I did with lost valley (i think that's what it's called?)

*Blinks* huh?
Yeah i'm 30 hours in already. I have literally done nothing but play eat and sleep.

It's MUCH better than lost valley and I like it more than new beginning because you can fast travel with the horse XD and I'm lazy so I got that working out for me. I like that you can actually do stuff in the safari while your animals are chilling out too. Only thing that sucked was I had a field and I was growing soybeans, about two days from it becoming mature (after a month) and that biotch in the pink dress wins the conquest and DESTROYS MY PLANTS.

:(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

Just made it to winter.
I don't wanna play no more.
*Bursts into tears*

Last edited:
*Blinks* huh?
Yeah i'm 30 hours in already. I have literally done nothing but play eat and sleep.

It's MUCH better than lost valley and I like it more than new beginning because you can fast travel with the horse XD and I'm lazy so I got that working out for me. I like that you can actually do stuff in the safari while your animals are chilling out too. Only thing that sucked was I had a field and I was growing soybeans, about two days from it becoming mature (after a month) and that biotch in the pink dress wins the conquest and DESTROYS MY PLANTS.

:(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

Just made it to winter.
I don't wanna play no more.
*Bursts into tears*

Aww, wait, what happened to your field? ;_; sorry anyway, it sounds pretty rotten so I feel for you.

And why don't you want to play winter? Is it ugly? Or is there something annoying?

Haha, it's kind of sad, I'm trying to live vicariously through you guys...dang, I think I'm gonna just get the game already. XD

Aww, wait, what happened to your field? ;_; sorry anyway, it sounds pretty rotten so I feel for you.

And why don't you want to play winter? Is it ugly? Or is there something annoying?

Haha, it's kind of sad, I'm trying to live vicariously through you guys...dang, I think I'm gonna just get the game already. XD

Things... Happened...

I don't want to talk about it.

Don't get attached to people and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Things... Happened...

I don't want to talk about it.

Don't get attached to people and you'll be fine.

Unfortunately I know what you're talking about. I saw too much of the Japanese let's play. I myself am not far enough in the story yet. It didn't stop me fr getting the game though. :)

I really love this game! The beginning tutorial was good for me because I've never played Harvest Moon games, but I can see how others find it slow. I just got to Fall and things are slowly unlocking for me, there's more & more to do (although I didn't choose seedling and I am always running out of stamina!).

Just met Witchie. She's so cute.

How are people getting so far into the game already? I just bought the game today and I just finished the tutorial now.. (then again I had to work until 10 my time so. :p)

I'm really liking it so far though. The bachelors are reallly attractive and I'm having a hard time deciding who I wanna marry. haha.

Back