• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

[spoilers] I Am DONE!!!!

EvilTheCat6600

Bells
According to an article I read last night the following are REQUIRED to get a 3-Star island:
1. Place 50 fence pieces
2. Decorate with 50 pieces of furniture
3. De-weed the entire island
4. Plant 100 flowers.

I have EXACTLY 105 flowers. And according to Isabelle it's not enough!!!! Trying to unlock K.K. Slider is a ridiculous and UNNECESSARY CHORE. I'm WASTING time I could be using to play the game. This was a poor excuse of a "game play element" and K.K. Slider should be unlocked BY DEFAULT after x-amount of time passes. Especially since you can plant too many flowers and/or trees.

I'm not going to bother unlocking K.K. Slider and I suggest anyone with common sense skip trying to unlock him as well!

The most important thing is how many villagers you have. You should be able to get 3 stars once you have 8 villagers. I had 300+ flowers, 50 + furniture, 120 + fencing, and was given one star solely because I only had 6 villagers. If you already have 8 villagers then i don't know what's up lol.

That’s not true at all. I literally got the 3 star rating without even meaning to. I was only there to ask Isabelle what my rating was so I could start working on making it 3 star when she suddenly announced my island was already 3 star. I didn’t have any fences at all. But my island had complete 10 villagers, a bridge, several outside furniture like the lighthouse and some lamps.

Yeah I only had like 40 fences put up and I was able to get the three stars (although Isabelle is now telling me I need more fences to get four stars). I really wouldn't worry about what guides are saying and just put down stuff as you want to. I wasn't super focused on getting the three stars but got them pretty easily that way.

you kinda need to get to 3 stars to unlock other important aspects of this game, so i wouldnt give up yet. like others have said, u need to have multiple villagers. before i had 8 villagers, isabelle would say we need more population. after i got 8 villagers, she stopped saying that and instead said i needed more fences. after putting fences around multiple villagers' homes, she said we got 3 stars and that was that. u literally just have to follow the advice she gives u, no need for fancy lists or anything.

Skipping trying to unlock KK Slider is a terrible idea for anyone who wants to do any sort of terraforming to their island, including places the paths with sound effects. KK Slider is a requirement to unlock them.

I also think that list is not accurate, I have seen others that suggest you need at least 2 bridges and 1 incline, a lot more flowers than 105 (I remember 150 being what I saw), even more tress than that, 8 villagers and about 30 pieces of furniture outside.

I don't think the article is accurate either. I don't know what the exact requirements are, but I've gotten a 3-star rating by the time I've had 9 or 10 villagers living on my island.
I've never placed a single fence or planted a single flower until after I've gotten 3-stars.

I'm pretty sure 3 days just need to pass, with improvements being made to the town along the way. I had plenty of bridges and inclines, and 8 villagers - but pretty much no outdoor furniture or fencing as I'm not the biggest fan of it. And on the 3rd day, voila, I had 3 stars.

I think people are looking too hard for a ~list of requirements~, when actually it seems to just be down to time and how many villagers are on your island.

My town got three stars and I have only 15 pieces of fencing and not much furniture outside. I think it has to do with population, flowers, bridges and ramps, and decorations. I just got the totakeke concert yesterday... finally. :)

i definitely don’t feel like i have that much of any of those things. but i just started placing furniture that animals gave me and that helped + buying flowers. you can ofc remove what you don’t want once it’s unlocked!

OP, every day your rating changes. You can do everything right on a day you have 2 stars but it wont switch over to 3 stars until the day switches over.

I dont recommend skipping this because you wont be able to unlock terraforming and path making whatsoever. Stop focusing so hard on it and just play; you'll hit 3 stars eventually.

This isnt true. I got 3 stars at 8 villagers. Dont give false information.

Thanks for the clarification, just didn't know any different that's since lots of other "guides" listed this as a criteria.

Follow @rezberri advice. Do as Isabelle is telling you to do when you ask for feedback.

Just add on this not true. Like others have said focus on the number villagers, seem like the magic number is 8 villagers(I seen that for me and many others). When I got 3 stars I had 8 villagers, I had no fences, Some placed furniture outside, I don’t know how many flowers not a ton but good amount, 3 bridges and two inclines. I don’t think there is an exact number of things. It some kind of combination of above items but can be Achieved in many different ways

The most important thing is how many villagers are on your island. It is impossible to get a 3* rating without having at least 8 villagers. I jumped from 2 to 4* when I got my 8th.

Honestly I don't know what the real criteria is but I got 3 stars without meaning to at all. Yesterday I checked my rating for the first time since I unlocked the feature expecting it to be 1 star but surprise, it was 3 star. This is what I had in my town:
  • 8 villagers at the time with a ninth set to move in the next day
  • A reasonable amount of furniture (not at all excessive - I had just put out items villagers gave me and built a few more things that I liked - 4 log benches, a fountain, an outdoor bath, and a lighthouse)
  • No weeds
  • Hardly any flowers. My sister did plant an excessive amount of trees though (just because she likes trees) so maybe that did it. By excessive I mean probably around 50-60
  • 2 bridges
  • No stairs or inclines

Last edited:
That list is incredibly innacurate -- I achieved 3-star with MUCH less.

I have about 100 flowers, about 30 furniture, about 80 fence, two inclines and two bridges. I've maybe planted an additional 20 trees.

Back