• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Specific Anime Recommendations (please read about what I'm after first) Thanks! :)

Do these relate to what I meant in the OP though? Or are these just anime you recommend in general?

Because the request is very specific & so far only the first commented has really nailed it.

Oh, sorry, I thought this was for general recommendations. It's a bit late and I'm rather frazzled so give me a second to read it.

Anyway I'm logging out now :)

I might end up closing the thread if people flame each other about what anime is or isn't & if there's just random anime name dropping without any reading of the OP.

Hopefully I don't come back to a flame war! :) Ok bye! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

^Sure, it's ok I wasn't being annoyed or rude, just being clear. You have a good rest. :) I appreciate you taking the time to re-read, that's really nice.
See you tomorrow. :)

Do these relate to what I meant in the OP though? Or are these just anime you recommend in general?

Because the request is very specific & so far only the first commented has really nailed it.

It sounds like you want some slice of life type animes.

I'd recommend Saint Young Men, or Nichijou, but those aren't really as plot-centric as you'd like I don't think.

If you're for something with more story, and is similar to Dragon Ball Z, I'd wholeheartedly recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Hunter X Hunter. Jojo's is a lot less Kame House feeling and more Dragon Ball Z in general, but HxH sound exactly like what you're looking for.

I'm not going to add any recommendations since a lot of people already did but did you join MAL (MyAnimeList)? It's a great site to look for what anime you want to watch and you'll discover that there're thousands of anime series out there from which you probably never heard. I personally don't know how I survived for 3 years without this site constantly asking around aniem videos on youtube what I should watch. Anyway, you'll have to decide that for your own depending on what fits you best.

I'm quite fond of my anime list. :)

I was just asking here as different forums & communities give you a different crop of answers & I thought people who played the same game as me, especially such a nice game like AC, would share a lot of similar interests. :)

Thank you to everybody who replied & I appreciate the help! I certainly have a lot to look up now.

I'll leave the thread open, but I don't really need the answers as much now.

the only thing that comes to mind that kinda fits in with what you're looking for is Ouran High School Host Club

I'd say you need to watch Eureka Seven, it is mecha-y and takes 4-5 episodes to really get going (storytelling, ya gotta be patient!) but once it has, all 50 episodes just SCREAM that sense of 'family' and comradeship that is rare in animes and Eureka Seven definitely does it in an amazing way, nevermind the romance and insane action scenes plus the gorgeous soundtrack...

but yeah, out of what you described Eureka Seven is the only thing I can offer :S it's a rare thing you're asking for.

although, if you want something SUPER light and silly and just a quick binge-watch, I'd also throw Princess Jellyfish into the mix. read the description to see why :3

Himouto! Umaru-chan is really happy and can be kinda funny

its kinda slice of life comedy ish and is decently relaxing and there's no fanservice

Pokemon's first season is a classic. You can't go wrong if you're looking for nostalgia, feel good and brock is a perv so there ya go

You mentioned rewatching Dragon Ball and not enjoying it's sequel, but I still feel like recommending (Keiyuu Densetsu) Yaiba because they're practically on the same vein (and drew influence from each other).

There's the similar concept of travelling to acquire magical orbs which gives the protagonist super human strength to save the world from impending doom. The main character, Yaiba is an idiot due to being raised in the wild, so he often behaves very mischievously and is the main cause of any fan service in the series.

It also follows the DB befriending cycle ie. defeat opponent and then they become your comrade. Except that they're animals.

The comedy is quite similar to Gintama too.

It's super light hearted and a lot of fun to watch. The original anime aired in 1993 though.

You mentioned rewatching Dragon Ball and not enjoying it's sequel, but I still feel like recommending (Keiyuu Densetsu) Yaiba because they're practically on the same vein (and drew influence from each other).

There's the similar concept of travelling to acquire magical orbs which gives the protagonist super human strength to save the world from impending doom. The main character, Yaiba is an idiot due to being raised in the wild, so he often behaves very mischievously and is the main cause of any fan service in the series.

It also follows the DB befriending cycle ie. defeat opponent and then they become your comrade. Except that they're animals.

The comedy is quite similar to Gintama too.

It's super light hearted and a lot of fun to watch. The original anime aired in 1993 though.

Oh no, it was the opposite way around! :) I said I liked Dragon Ball Z, but not the prequel, Dragon Ball. But thank you for the recommendations.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Pokemon's first season is a classic. You can't go wrong if you're looking for nostalgia, feel good and brock is a perv so there ya go

I've already watched that & enjoyed it. :)

Oh, I'm not specifically looking for pervs!! I am looking for shows that hopefully DON'T have pervs ahaha!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd say you need to watch Eureka Seven, it is mecha-y and takes 4-5 episodes to really get going (storytelling, ya gotta be patient!) but once it has, all 50 episodes just SCREAM that sense of 'family' and comradeship that is rare in animes and Eureka Seven definitely does it in an amazing way, nevermind the romance and insane action scenes plus the gorgeous soundtrack...

but yeah, out of what you described Eureka Seven is the only thing I can offer :S it's a rare thing you're asking for.

although, if you want something SUPER light and silly and just a quick binge-watch, I'd also throw Princess Jellyfish into the mix. read the description to see why :3

I'll look into Eureka Seven, i've heard of it being good before. I will look up the other later---I'm a little serious so if it's too silly it may go over my head ha!
But I can be surprised when it comes to what i enjoy.

Last edited:
If you've watched anime for a while, I recommend Denki-Gai!
Since you seem to like light-hearted stuff, why not watch some slice of life anime?
Also, Noragami is a good choice if you can handle the main character's (Hiyori Iki) atrocious personality. It's actually not bad, though~

Last edited:
the only thing that comes to mind that kinda fits in with what you're looking for is Ouran High School Host Club

Hmmm, It doesn't really appeal to me...but thank you anyway.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you've watched anime for a while, I recommend Denki-Gai!
Since you seem to like light-hearted stuff, why not watch some slice of life anime?

Light hearted with brains though, I think I just said that to stop the depressing recommendations (that didn't read my OP properly) flowing in. I'll look this up later--I'm just replying to the old replies I haven't thanked yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you're looking for light and comedic and Japanese, I suggest Lucky Star. It's again kinda plotless but it's interesting.

Oh no, plot is very important with me. I'm logging out now, but just wanted to reply as much as I could to pay the time people took to post some respect. :)

I literally watch a lot of cute anime like that. xD I hope I can be of assistance.

Most of Kyoto Animation's anime are stuff you want to check out. Tamako Market, Lucky Star and K-On! are a few slice of life anime with fluffy moments that it sounds you're looking for. Clannad, Kanon and Air are also great but are generally depressing and will make you both laugh and cry.

Yuru Yuri is funny but DOES have yuri undertones. Nothing too bad (no fanservice) but if yuri freaks you out, skip this one.
Kiniro Mosaic is quite light as well. It's a slice of life moe show.
Azumanga Daioh is hilarious. It has a similar tone to Lucky Star. Full of jokes. It's one of the funniest anime I've watched.
Is the Order a Rabbit is good. It's pretty plotless and is extremely full of moe fluff.

Hope you find some fun shows from this list! :)

Back