Something you thought you would never do.

Soda Fox

love like you
Bells
Tasty Cake
Yellow Lily
This is a kids' forum so let's keep it PG.

I never thought I would leave my hometown. At school I would hear all the time how everyone wanted to travel, and never considered it for myself, but I've moved half way across the country.

I've also smoked cigars and cigarettes. I always told myself I would never even try since they're so addictive, but I did. Lucky for me they are not something I enjoy so the habit didn't stick.

I also got married. I was a total tomboy growing up and had boys as friends but never wanted a boyfriend. I thought it was too much drama and too "girly". I'm happily married for 3 years come April (total relationship ~6 years)

Has anyone else done something they didn't think they would ever do?

Smoking for me too! Although it wasn't cigs lol.
I also never thought I would ever drive or drive well but now I have my full license. It's pretty cool!

I thought I would never get muscles. Seemed hopeless a few years ago so I never really tried until I was 19. I have a 8.7 percent body fat now!

I never thought I would get this many posts. I thought I'd be this one person who only posts when I want something from AC:NL. I need to start posting some more.

I never thought I would be able to climb to the top of an ancient Mayan pyramid in Mexico, but I did! :3

I never thought I'd start using a vape. I smoked for years but I have really bad asthma and the past month or so it's really starting to affect me so I switched to using a cheap vape pen instead. I've noticed a big difference so I'll probably keep using it.

Like you I've never really seen myself getting married, I'm stubborn and I've always been super independent but I've been engaged for a few months now :)

I never thought I'd like rap music... but I ending up liking it. I listen to Eminem mostly but sometimes I put on other artists.

Mines pretty minor, but I never thought I'd actually dye my hair. I've always dreamed of dying it something in the violet range, and I've now dyed it burgundy as of yesterday :3

Mines pretty minor, but I never thought I'd actually dye my hair. I've always dreamed of dying it something in the violet range, and I've now dyed it burgundy as of yesterday :3

That actually sounds really pretty! :)

As for me, I never thought someone would like me enough to wind up falling in love with me and here I am engaged for the past year or so. Crazy, huh? lol.

Not sure if it counts cause it hasn't happened yet. But I never thought I would want kids when I was younger, but now I do, me and my boyfriend have been trying and I'm looking forward to being a mom(to more than just my snake)

I never thought I'd live to 13. I thought I would kill myself by the time I turned 13. I turn 16 in October.

I never thought I'd live to 13. I thought I would kill myself by the time I turned 13. I turn 16 in October.

Same, once I became depressed I started giving myself deadlines. Like, "I'll never make it to 16" "I'll never make it to 20" etc etc, and thus I didn't really... plan to be alive? So I didn't go to college or anything, did sub-par in school, I figured, I'm not going to make it to adulthood, I don't need to worry about that stuff... I'm turning 24 in July.

Same, once I became depressed I started giving myself deadlines. Like, "I'll never make it to 16" "I'll never make it to 20" etc etc, and thus I didn't really... plan to be alive? So I didn't go to college or anything, did sub-par in school, I figured, I'm not going to make it to adulthood, I don't need to worry about that stuff... I'm turning 24 in July.

Actually yeah, I'm in the same boat. I never thought I'd live past high school or the age of 18. I went through some pretty bad phases of depression during high school, and I always thought to myself I could never be responsible enough to live outside of high school. I'm 19 now and in my second year of university, although my grades aren't fabulous I think I've got plenty to be proud of that I've overcome.

never thought i would switch schools (it was my choice but wtf) and never thought i would care about fashion but now I do

Smoking for me too! Although it wasn't cigs lol.
I also never thought I would ever drive or drive well but now I have my full license. It's pretty cool!

When I was a younger I'd make fun of my cousin for smoking and I remember he told me something like "I used to ask my mom why she'd smoke but as you grow older you change," and long story short I am now a smoker.

Same here, I told my fiance, I don't plan to last much longer. He didn't like that much (wonder why? :p) and here I am, 24 too. 25 in May. Just keep on truckin', I suppose. But for what's it worth, glad we made it :)

Too many to quote but I've been in the same boat. I always told myself 28 was when I would go out in a blaze of glory (old enough to have lived an interesting life so I thought, young enough to leave a pretty corpse). I'm turning 27 this year. I don't think I'm going to follow through. I'll let you all know in two years when I've made it past that cut off.

Last edited:
Back