• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

bar soap or liquid soap?

which soap do you prefer to use?

• bar

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • liquid

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • both

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • it varies

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • something else

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • just water

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Voted for "It Varies" because if there's a nice bar soap lying around, I will use it. I think I prefer liquid but I'm not super picky as long as the bar soap doesn't look like crusted death.

When it comes to hand soap I prefer liquid soap. I don't like touching wet bar soap and at a busy sink the soap doesn't dry off between uses. For my body in the shower I am all about bar soap but thats also because it dries off between showers.

Always liquid and honestly I don't know anyone who uses bars.

Liquid. There's nothing worse than a bar of soap slipping out of your wet hands and then trying to pick it up again.

i use liquid soap for hands and body but i don't mind a bar soap for my hands sometimes, it feels more organic lol, and honestly as long as you use a soap dish it doesn't go goopy

I like bar and liquid soaps, but I really prefer using the foam soaps. There is a certain brand of foam soap that has scents that are very appealing for me (green tea, lilac & lavender, etc). The foam's texture feels really great on the skin while washing.

I've used both and don't think I have a preference for either. I guess liquid is faster in the sense that you don't have to lather it up like bar soap

I prefer liquid because bar soap looks very unappealing to me after it's been used by other people.

I strongly prefer liquid hand soap and body wash; I pretty much only use bar soap if there's no other available option. I'll also use bar soap if I get some as a holiday gift or something, but it's shower-only then so it has time to dry between uses and doesn't get all slimy and weird. ;;

i really love the amount of hygiene questions here on the bell tree forums. we're all very interested in our wellbeing

For washing my hands, it has to be liquid soap. Definitely feels a lot easier to use and clean my hands with than a bar.

I think it took a while for me to get good at washing my hands when I was a kid. So when I finally got introduced to the convenience of liquid soap, I learned that habit much better. But now for environmental packaging reasons I prefer to use bar soap when possible! I've even switched over to bar shampoo and conditioner! Also I am addicted to dove soap for showers because of the moisturizing aspect. All the other soaps dry out my skin too much.

i kinda feel like bar soap dries my hands out to much? plus it's a slippery mess when trying to use it to wash my hands. i like nice scented liquid soaps and bonus points if it's a super foamy one!

Definitely liquid soap! My parents house only had bar soap for a long time, and one year I finally convinced them to get liquid soap and dispensers because I just can't stand bar soap tbh. Liquid soap I find easier and more conveient when washing my hands, and I also just never liked how dried out some of the bars of soap would get.

i use liquid soap most of the time, this is going to sound very weird but i love the slippery feeling of bar soap.

I prefer to use a bar of soap, I have slightly sensitive skin, and liquid soap makes my hands feel rather raw and itchy sometimes, especially during winter.

Back