• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

bar soap or liquid soap?

which soap do you prefer to use?

• bar

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • liquid

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • both

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • it varies

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • something else

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • just water

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I prefer to go either way, as long as it gets my hands clean. Though, when I put hand sanitizer on it makes my hands sticky. Liquid soap doesn't get the stickiness out good enough than bar soap does. Regardless, I'd pick the liquid soap over the bar as it's faster, yet I go for bar soap under certain conditions if needed.

I use liquid soap on my hands and liquid body wash when showering. Most bar soaps are made primarily from sodium tallowate - beef or occasionally sheep fat processed with salts - and the thought of rubbing that all over my skin is going to be a no from me, regardless if it does the job.

I prefer liquid soap. It generally smells better (IMO) and is easier to lather up with it.

liquid soap! i really only use bar soap once i finished my liquid soap and am unable to buy more.

Liquid for washing my body but I love to shave with goat milk soap.

Bar. Usually something by Dr. Squatch or Duke Cannon. Good stuff!

I use bar soap but it's mostly just because I grew up using it so I've never thought of using anything else when showering. I only ever use liquid soap in hotels. I can't remember the brand but I use goat milk soap.

I like to use liquid hand soap and liquid body wash.. IDK it's easier to switch it up that way; sometimes I wanna use the more moisturizing soaps and sometimes I wanna use the super foamy soaps! Also with the bar of soap it gets annoying having to clean the dish that its in every now and then because of all the extra soap build up. Bleh

Liquid soap all the way! I don't like specific bar soaps because the smells trigger migraines.

For my body, I'll always use liquid. I hated using bar soap as a kid, so when I was old enough for allowances or to buy my own soap.. I buy Bath and Body Works body wash, LOL. It's expensive, but I love their scents so so much.. 😭

Liquid soap! I hate the way a bar of soap goes all mushy and the soap dish usually ends up covered in bits of soap and swimming in water in the dish.

Back