So guys (& girls)

*bump* due to the orange box being on sale for $7.50.

for those who don't know, that includes TF2, all Half-Life 2 games (so that's 3 games, more or less), and Portal, for $7.50.

I understand you probably have Portal since it was free not too long ago, but if you don't own Half-Life 2 and want it, picking this up isn't a bad idea.

If you want TF2, but have the rest of the stuff in The Orange Box, pick this up. you're still saving $12.50, as TF2 alone costs $20.

so.. buy tf2 for cheap, get some other source games for free as a bonus.

as you may know, we have a fairly active TF2 group, though it's kinda hit or miss whether or not anything's happening.

now is the time to pick it up, if any. (unless you wanna press your luck and hope it goes on sale at a lower price for xmas)

These deals are so hot they burn hole in my pocket lol

I sound like a salesmen, but I've really had a soft spot for these indie packs :p

Anyone know whether or not you can do anything like gift the games that you already have in one of the packs, like the Orange Box if you already have them? I want to get the pack, but it'd be more enticing if I could at least gift TF2 and Portal to a friend of mine who doesn't have them.

-Jack- said:
Anyone know whether or not you can do anything like gift the games that you already have in one of the packs, like the Orange Box if you already have them? I want to get the pack, but it'd be more enticing if I could at least gift TF2 and Portal to a friend of mine who doesn't have them.
Yeah, if you already have some of the games, you can just gift them to someone else.

Squirrel with Nunchucks said:
-Jack- said:
Yeah, if you already have some of the games, you can just gift them to someone else.
i'm thinking/thought the same.

best to check somewhere in support, though.

and yeah, just checked. on the orange box'es store page,

Already own Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2: Episode One?
Award your extra game to a friend when you purchase The Orange Box. Learn more here.

except.. when you click there, it doesn't list tf2 or portal as giftable that way.. only half life 2 and ep. 1. which is kinda balls, since it's a deal on all of them.. but oh well, i guess.

sorry bout that.

Psychonaut said:
-Jack- said:

Award your extra game to a friend when you purchase The Orange Box. Learn more here.

except.. when you click there, it doesn't list tf2 or portal as giftable that way.. only half life 2 and ep. 1. which is kinda balls, since it's a deal on all of them.. but oh well, i guess.

sorry bout that.
I guess I'll just set up an alternate account for my Half-Life goodness and let my friend use it for his TF2 business.

-Jack- said:
Psychonaut said:
-Jack- said:

sorry bout that.
I guess I'll just set up an alternate account for my Half-Life goodness and let my friend use it for his TF2 business.
was going to suggest this, only i wasn't sure how it was going to work out since he probably already has an account.

then he would have all of'em and you'd still have no HL2.

splendid idea. silly valve trying to make a profit.

Psychonaut said:
-Jack- said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

sorry bout that.
was going to suggest this, only i wasn't sure how it was going to work out since he probably already has an account.

Yeah, I figured it'd be a waste to throw away the 20$ game, so I worked it out with him.

And then Jack had 2.50$.

-Jack- said:
Psychonaut said:
-Jack- said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Yeah, I figured it'd be a waste to throw away the 20$ game, so I worked it out with him.

And then Jack had 2.50$.
you should totally buy gift wrap and a sticky launcher for yours truly.

:3

Okay, so I have $2.50 left in my account, and Monkey Island 2 is catching my eye. However, I'm on a mac, so it's not compatible. Should I still get it, and if not, what should I do with my $2.50?

-Jack- said:
Okay, so I have $2.50 left in my account, and Monkey Island 2 is catching my eye. However, I'm on a mac, so it's not compatible. Should I still get it, and if not, what should I do with my $2.50?
eeh. if you can't play a game, not much purpose in having it, and hoping it gets a mac re-do is only wishful thinking.

you could buy an item or two in tf2 with that, star wars that's on sale, or wait for the xmas stuff that'll undoubtedly be headed our way.

or new years.

or weekend sales.

or mid-week sales.

:)

you have enough to hold you over till then, yeah?

*bump* for the new sales, some kinda scavenger hunt.

buy games to have a chance to win games. makes sense, right?

hopefully there'll be some badass sales. chance of winning (and hats! glorious hats!) is cool, but if there's a game you want on sale, a sale is always fine.

so... *bump*

Oh gawd, the folks at Steam are SO GOOD at marketing their shiz.

I'm looking forward to being suckered out of my money. >8D

Does anybody have any good games to recommend for my wishlist? So far I have:
Assasin's Creed 2, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Portal 2, and Recettear

Ron Ronaldo said:

protip: lurk around on our wishlists and snag a few of the good ideas. :p
(it's what i did, after i cleaned out my wishlist)

Psychonaut said:
Ron Ronaldo said:

protip: lurk around on our wishlists and snag a few of the good ideas. :p
(it's what i did, after i cleaned out my wishlist)
Good thinking, brah. =D

Back