• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

SimCity Series General Thread

Bells
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Red Candy
Small Mailbox
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
This thread is for discussing the SimCity series of PC Video Games. Please don't go off-topic on this thread so it's a good, quality thread.

And just saying, I love SC4 and SC3K the most.

Also, DON'T GET SC 2013!!!! It's awful! EA scammed me and $60 were wasted.

Same except I play it with my friend now whenever we're bored and it's a school break. Over Skype. Yep. That's the only fun we have with it nowadays.

Good thing they gave out a free game with that crap. I got SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition free. So I guess in the end, it was sort of worth it?

Same except I play it with my friend now whenever we're bored and it's a school break. Over Skype. Yep. That's the only fun we have with it nowadays.

Good thing they gave out a free game with that crap. I got SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition free. So I guess in the end, it was sort of worth it?
I'm actually playing SC4 Deluxe right now. At least this game is actual quality and not a money scam.

Well, I just made this city in SC4 Deluxe:
IMG_20141214_135124.jpg
I'm not proud of the Mayor Rating, though.
And Brent is not my real name. I make the Mayor names in this region of 3.713 Million Sims different. I already used my name.

Last edited:
SimCity 2013 was a total waste...
I do remember SimTown was entertaining as a kid

Last edited:
I played SC4 to death with mods up the ying yang. I think I played it for like 6 years on and off, but I quit a year or so ago after I alien attacked and blew up all my cities and left the bird's eye view looking like an apocalypse.

I'm not going to lie, Sim City 2013 was my first interaction with it, I had always loved the sims and played and owned them since the start. I had known about Sim City, but I had never had the money etc to buy it. As someone coming into the series with no knowledge the game was pretty neat, obviously I couldn't complain about map size, because I had never played but it was challenging enough for me a beginner to feel like there was some push needed to get further.

The 3D movement and the ability to look down at the perspective of the people in your city was great, it was neat to see this beautiful game which looked like an ever growing dollhouse. Personally though I did put the game down after about 3 days out of boredom from tediousness.

Long story short, I want to know more about Sim City and I do enjoy the basic mechanics.

Back