• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Sick Villagers D:

Swiftstream

ethreal
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Hey guys!

Ribbot has been sick for the past 3 days even though I've been giving him medicine daily. How long does it take for them to get better?

Does it even make a difference if you don't give them medicine every day?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Robots can't be sick :eek:

I gave Gruff some medicine in three consecutive days and he got well on the fourth, so it really just requires patience. And you're almost there too!

Yeah, sometimes it takes a couple of days, maybe even up to a week (I know it was like that in Wild World. I've only had one sick villager so far and he got better in 4-5 days). You'll notice them start getting better as well. They start out saying things like, "Ugh, I still feel really sick," and they change it to say something like, "I don't think I'm out of the woods yet, but I'm feeling a little better," to, "That medicine helped a lot. We'll see tomorrow." A day or so before they are completely well, those dark sadness clouds also disappear and they start walking around their home more normally.

They'll eventually get better on their own, but you get a gift at the end if you've helped them throughout their sickness! And it's just nice to do. :3

Last edited:
It's odd i never had a sick villager in my 5 weeks in my old town, and haven't in this one either
was so common in WW

It really seems to build up friendship if you deliver the medicine every day. I had a sick villager while Nooks was remodeling so I couldn't purchase medicine. If this happens to you, you can try getting stung by a bee and then talking to a villager that you're good friends with- they may give you medicine. I thought this only worked with uchi villagers, but I've received medicine from snooty and smug villagers as well.

In one case, my sick villager gave me medicine for my bee sting, which I then turned around and gave back to the sick villager. :p

I've had 2 villagers who were sick for 3+ days. I guess 3 or so days would be the average? :eek:
(It might have been longer but I'm not too fond of them so I don't visit them in their houses xD)

Huh, I gave Curlos some medicine when he got sick and he got better the next day.

Although in Wild World, it felt like villagers would be sick for about a week before they got better, if you constantly gave them medicine. It's nice they shortened it.

Flurry gave me her picture after I gave her medicine three days in a row while she was sick. She was well and gave me her pic on the fourth day.

Flurry gave me her picture after I gave her medicine three days in a row while she was sick. She was well and gave me her pic on the fourth day.

:O Maybe He'll give me his picture too! {I doubt it :p}

Thanks everybody who helped answer my question! Ribbot just said he's feeling all better and he's going to be "training" outside starting tomorrow!

<3

Back