Enchanted Bloom
Opalescent Crystal
Rose Crystal
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Shooting Star
Purple Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Have you seen many real life bats? Or maybe have a favorite bat plushie?
Do you perhaps have a bat OC? Or maybe you have a bunch of Batman figurines?
Show us your bats! They can even be baseball bats!

IMG_0932.JPG

Here's a pic I took of some bats sleeping in trees a year or two ago!​

This bat belonged to my grandfather. He was a little league coach. Behind him is his belt.

When he passed away from cancer, I personally received his belt. He told me he wanted me to keep it when he died.

I retrieved his baseball bat after my grandmother later passed away. The house was now empty and I was doing some final cleanup.

Both items are precious to me and I have held onto them.

Screenshot_20240424-221906.png

That's a really cool picture of bats. Where I live, we don't have those kind of bats that are really cute. Instead we have small little mouse looking bats that aren't as cute but still cute. I've only seen them flying around in the evening or dead on the road. I don't think they got hit by cars. They are endangered and tend to catch a virus or fungal issue that causes their numbers to decline.
Because they are so small, it is easy for them to get into attics.

I found this little friend in the stairwell of my school. I believe it's literally known as a Little Brown Bat. It enjoyed its nap and was gone by evening.

1000012816.jpg

I adore bats! Not just because they're cute imo, but because a good number of them eat mosquitoes. I wish I had a picture of vampire bats from when I interned at the zoo. I didn't have my rabies vaccine at the time so I wasn't allowed to get close to them for safety reasons. I also have lots of bats from my softball days but they're in storage.

That's a really cool picture of bats. Where I live, we don't have those kind of bats that are really cute. Instead we have small little mouse looking bats that aren't as cute but still cute. I've only seen them flying around in the evening or dead on the road. I don't think they got hit by cars. They are endangered and tend to catch a virus or fungal issue that causes their numbers to decline.
Because they are so small, it is easy for them to get into attics.
I was in awe at the size of these bats.. I think they are flying foxes? Here's another picture of them, further away:

IMG_0919.JPG
I think the smaller bats are cute as heck too! My parents had an issue with bats moving into their attic last year or so, I never knew bats did that lmao.

I found this little friend in the stairwell of my school. I believe it's literally known as a Little Brown Bat. It enjoyed its nap and was gone by evening.

I adore bats! Not just because they're cute imo, but because a good number of them eat mosquitoes. I wish I had a picture of vampire bats from when I interned at the zoo. I didn't have my rabies vaccine at the time so I wasn't allowed to get close to them for safety reasons. I also have lots of bats from my softball days but they're in storage.
Ah!!! What a cutie!! And yeah definitely a bonus that bats eat mosquitoes! If only we could eradicate rabies altogether.

This bat belonged to my grandfather. He was a little league coach. Behind him is his belt.

When he passed away from cancer, I personally received his belt. He told me he wanted me to keep it when he died.

I retrieved his baseball bat after my grandmother later passed away. The house was now empty and I was doing some final cleanup.

Both items are precious to me and I have held onto them.
Thank you for sharing! Those are both wonderful keepsakes ❤️

This is my buddy Mortimer! 🦇

He hangs out on my back porch every year for a few weeks/months. He's always perched in exactly the same spot when I go out to walk my dog at night. He doesn't seem bothered by us at all, even when I talk to him. I hope to see him again this year.

Sorry for the poor quality photo. My phone didn't like zooming in with bad lighting.
1714018338983.jpeg

usually see them pretty much every day in the summer. not got any bat pictures at the moment, shall update if i manage to take a picture with them doing the zoomies! definitely got a cricket bat and a rounders bat somewhere too

Have you seen many real life bats? Or maybe have a favorite bat plushie?
Do you perhaps have a bat OC? Or maybe you have a bunch of Batman figurines?
Show us your bats! They can even be baseball bats!

View attachment 555899
Here's a pic I took of some bats sleeping in trees a year or two ago!​
This youtube channel got recommended to me a while ago. I think these people run an official wildlife rehab down in Australia.

This is my buddy Mortimer! 🦇

He hangs out on my back porch every year for a few weeks/months. He's always perched in exactly the same spot when I go out to walk my dog at night. He doesn't seem bothered by us at all, even when I talk to him. I hope to see him again this year.

Sorry for the poor quality photo. My phone didn't like zooming in with bad lighting.
omg I love Mortimer! You practically have a pet bat, that's so cool 🤩

Back