• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Should I Reset? :/

ihappentobeafairy

Bells
I haven't played AC NL in quite a while... So when I came back on I started feeling like I should reset...

So, I'm really quite far through my game so far. I have everything unlocked on the main street apart from one building and quite a few public works. My house has been upgraded quite a bit too!

Buuuut...

I just don't seem to like my town anymore. I mean the layout is okay but I really dislike most of my villagers (apart from Bruce ^-^). I don't really have a set design on my town because I've never really been able to sort that out without it failing big time...yet I have collected nearly all the fruit in the game so my town is littered with random trees. I also have collected most the bugs. I hate how my character looks now too, the eyes have began to creep me out haha.

I'm not sure what to do. I feel like I want to reset but I have gotten so far that I don't want to be back where I began. I mean, I don't TT so it would take a LOOONNNGG time to get all that stuff again.

What should I do? :confused:

( Also I used to have my fav AC villager and they moved out. :( But that is kinda irrelevant... )

Last edited:
Well it depends of what is the most important for you.

For me AC is not about achievements or how far you are in the "game" but about loving the things you've accomplished, the way your town is slowly growing and having a relaxed experience overall.

It seems you hate everything right now so I guess you should start over. You got more experience so things will quickly fulfill your ideas and expectations.
And the fish, fruit and so on will always be there for you to collect again. Eheh.

From what you've said I would reset if I were you. You'll soon regain what you have lost and feel much better. This time you can get the eyes you want and a layout you like better. You can choose your native fruit if you want. You'll also be much happier overall and starting again will probably make you feel fresh and you'll regain the "love" you've lost for your first town.

Fruits are easy to obtain, even Island ones. Don't sweat that. And yes, your experience will serve you well in regaining your lost footing more quickly and then moving on.

I reset a town not too long ago and I'm so glad I did.

Well it depends of what is the most important for you.

For me AC is not about achievements or how far you are in the "game" but about loving the things you've accomplished, the way your town is slowly growing and having a relaxed experience overall.

It seems you hate everything right now so I guess you should start over. You got more experience so things will quickly fulfill your ideas and expectations.
And the fish, fruit and so on will always be there for you to collect again. Eheh.

This sums up how I feel perfectly. : ) Start over! Meet some new friends. You'll get your stuff back eventually, but you'll be enjoying yourself so it won't be as much of a chore as you might think it will be.

I would try to analyze what's permanent and what's not. Your eyes are permanent, so that's a cross against your current town. But you say you like your layout okay, which is another permanent aspect, so that's a good mark towards your current town. Things like trees and town design aren't permanent; they're fixable if you aren't happy with how they currently are. So some re-landscaping could spruce your town up nicely and make you happier with it!

Back