• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Should I buy another copy?

KKMikkalson

Bells
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Cake
Saved a little here and there, and have enough for another copy of New Leaf...
Still going back and forth: should I? Or not?

Help!

Should I take the plunge and buy one?:confused:
Or stick with the one I already have? :confused:

I would have to say no. There are a ton of great games out for 3DS now that, if you have some spare coin, are definitely worth taking a look at.

That said, if Animal Crossing is the only game that interest you then by all means buy as many copies as you want ^_^

a second copy can be good or pointless.
good if you want a cycling town, or if you just want another town for a second idea that you dont wanna change your main town for. i.e your main town be fairy tale themed and your second be creepy or something like that.
bad if you have no point for another game. if you want another copy "just cause," you're probably better off buying a different game :)

Last edited:
I mean, if you have the money to spend then I don't see why not. You should maybe put games that you don't already own, but want to play, first however. :)

As someone with two towns who is considering buying a third because of all the ideas I have, I'd say go for it if you think you'll be disciplined enough to keep up with both of them.

i've been considering buying a second copy to have an all avian town but i'm on the fence about it because i keep thinking "do i really want to spend money on this?"

if it's something you're really interested in and if you feel bored with just one copy, then go for it.

As someone with two towns who is considering buying a third because of all the ideas I have, I'd say go for it if you think you'll be disciplined enough to keep up with both of them.

That's my issue: have tons of ideas...but keeping up with both...

I vote yes, if your head has been nagging you to get another copy. Mine was, so I bought another copy. And I am very happy that I have two. :)

Why waste your hard-earned cash for another copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf when you could get another 3DS game of your choice? By buying a second copy of the same game you get a second town to work with, at the expense of missing another 3DS game that could potentially interest you! Though, you'll have to figure out which games you really want.

Here are my recommended 3DS games if you need some quick ideas:

• Super Mario 3D Land
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Bravely Default
  • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
  • Fantasy Life
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Back when it first came out, I was so obsessed with the idea of being able to have almost all my favorite villagers I ended up buying four copies; two physical and two digital: one on each 3DS I had access to. I spent a lot of time on all of them of course. But eventually, I got too busy to check my towns daily and ended up losing several villagers I really liked. So my suggestion is, unless you have extra money to spare, I wouldn't buy a second copy. Gets tough to manage and although it may not seem possible, there will be a day where you put down the game and won't look at it for a long time.

Last edited:
I had a game, and then lost it, so I bought a second one. Just recently I found my second copy so now I have two towns, if you have the time to commit to doing both towns its totally worth it. I restarted my original copy because I was doing a similar theme on my new copy, so now I have two different themed towns which is nice

Back