July Birthstone (Ruby)
Mailbox
Candy Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Jingle Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
Cake
Pokéball
Just curious about what the people of TBT would think about animals being used for research to further medicine and such. Keep in mind this is mostly centring around important research, not the cosmetic stuff, which I personally hate. Anyway, post your opinions below!

I think it's okay, after all things have to be tested on something. Just don't be testing on endangered species!

yeah as long as its on like, a rat or something as common as that, not something on the brink of extinction like a panda. like Xerolin said, they have to test it on something

No. I don't think animals should be used for any purpose of ours. Humans should be tested on instead.

lol what
why would be testing on humans be better than testing on animals? Humans have feelings, not that many animals do.

I personally believe that no animal should be harmed in our name. I think it's cruel. Whether humans should be tested on instead depends on your morality, but my opinion is that they should use human volunteers and/or prison inmates (preferably volunteers). Use the rapists, the pedophiles, the murderers. Why use innocent creatures?

If you think "but a human wouldn't volunteer to do something like that to themselves", well, maybe that's true, but if an animal would object to it, why should they be used instead? Is it simply because they're not as intelligent as us? They don't look like us? They can't talk to us? There are thousands of them? What seperates them from us and makes them less worthy of living? My belief is that we are all equal and we all deserve to live. So, since we are the ones who want to test, we should be the ones tested on.

Last edited:
Nope, It's wrong. 100%. no matter what.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ideally no, but scientific progress also hasn't advanced far enough unfortunately, so

It has, we can use human stem sells for medical research but instead we decide to use animals that are not similar to use at all,

No. Animals feel pain and emotions and humans don't have the right to just take the life of an innocent creature for our own gain, no matter the cause. In my opinion anyway.

Nonono I disagree completely.

Humans are literally the worst species on this planet; we shouldn't be using other animals for research at all.
Let's sacrifice this innocent animal to save a human that'll help contribute to the EARTH'S DESTRUCTION :)))))))))))
(so dramatic oops xD)

no no no no no no no
This is another one of those bad threads
NONONONONONONONONO
THIS IS LIKE THAT HARAMBE GORILLA THREAD
PLEASE NO NO NO

It's ok to test animals for diseases and purposes like that, because that one animal's life can save thousands.

no no no no no no no
This is another one of those bad threads
NONONONONONONONONO
THIS IS LIKE THAT HARAMBE GORILLA THREAD
PLEASE NO NO NO

It's ok to test animals for diseases and purposes like that, because that one animal's life can save thousands.

Yeah save 1000 people that will end up causing the deaths of a whole load more animals.

I think we should test on humans. There are too many humans

Last edited:
Yes, they are, at least for this moment in time, a critical part of research and have been used in pretty much every medical breakthrough ever. I think what a lot of people don't realise is you can't usually just start the research on humans and do it all on humans. For example you can't fiddle with human's genes and breed them to see the effect over time, etc. It's just not feasible

And sorry but I value human life over animal's lives. I think that's normal and doesn't make me a bad person, though I suspect some people on here will think it will. But I'm sure most of you would rather a mouse die than a family member die from cancer just saying

Last edited:
Yeah save 1000 people that will end up causing the deaths of a whole load more animals.

In my opinion (I said opinion), a human's life is more valuable to that of an animal. However, I'm not saying that testing on animals for nothing is ok. My opinion is not changing. You guys can write up whatever nasty reply or try to convince me, but I will stick with my beliefs. Thank you and bye.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We never said anything about causing more deaths I don't understand?

Yea seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back