Pokémon Shiny Hunting Experience

just found another shiny swablu in a horde ^^
this is the 1st time i found a duplicate shiny in the same game.
and the 2nd time, overall.
( the first was sableye )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol, i just found another shiny :p
this time a shiny whismur.

my 3rd duplicate overall.
my second this game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS HAPPENING ?
i just found ANOTHER shiny.
this time a shiny shuppet.

that's my 3RD shiny today

Last edited:
Caught a shiny Woobat, now affectionately named Icarus, at a Friend Safari yesterday! I was going for Farfetch'd, but honestly Im quite happy with it!

i'm hunting that thing down too ( reshiram )
it's going to be the only legendary i'm going to shiny hunt )

^good luck. i probably will take a long break for shiny hunting once/if i get this one like i know it's slim still with the charm and all but heck i even got guzzlord faster lol.

just found another shiny swablu in a horde ^^
this is the 1st time i found a duplicate shiny in the same game.
and the 2nd time, overall.
( the first was sableye )
lol, i just found another shiny :p
this time a shiny whismur.

my 3rd duplicate overall.
my second this game.
WHAT IS HAPPENING ?
i just found ANOTHER shiny.
this time a shiny shuppet.

that's my 3RD shiny today

Dang I would love to have a Shiny swablu. Where did you do the hoard battle?

Man I haven't shiny hunted in a long time. My last shiny was just before smash ultimate came out. Which was shiny Electabuzz in lets go Pikachu. Should get back into the shiny hunting game sometime soon tho.

keep in mind that i do have the shiny charm.
and also 700+ encounters for swablu.
( 700+ for the first shiny, 900+ for the second )

i suggest catching it in a timer ball.
i looks best in that one.

keep in mind that i do have the shiny charm.
and also 700+ encounters for swablu.
( 700+ for the first shiny, 900+ for the second )

i suggest catching it in a timer ball.
i looks best in that one.

I also have the shiny charm in Omega Ruby.

And I don't doubt that it's gonna take quite a few encounters. It took me about 890 encounters to get a shiny eevee (though I started hunting for it before I got the shiny charm so that made it take forever). I figure doing hoard encounters kinda speeds up the process a bit; also learned a while back that chains don't really matter on ORAS when shiny hunting so that's cool.

^that's good to know, I hate that chain thing like bruh come on. Now I want either game lol.

And yeah still no US shiny kyurem like.. I wanna get it but honestly I have the charm so it's getting ridiculous by now.

chains still mattr though.
there are just more methods of chaining than in gen 5.
( and i think, not sure about this though, that there are more methods in OrAs, than in X/Y. )

the horde battles, technically also count as a ''chain'' of sorts since the more encounters you have for a certain pokemon, the higher your chance of encountering them becomes.

Eevee (About a month, then one day after 21 encounters)
Togepi (While hunting for females, about 30 eggs?)
Magikarp (Breeding for 4 hours)
Crabominable (Random in berries)
Quagsire (wormhole)
Altaria (wormhole)
Yanmega (wormhole)
Barbaracle (wormhole)
Lugia (Soft resetting for 5 hours in one day)
and Mesprit (Soft resetting for 7 hours in one day, appeared when aDrive?s shiny appeared on the screen)

They?re all in USUM now. Oops. No charm on ORAS (Too lazy to get all 700+) but I think I have it in Moon

Last edited:
( and i think, not sure about this though, that there are more methods in OrAs, than in X/Y. )

the horde battles, technically also count as a ''chain'' of sorts since the more encounters you have for a certain pokemon, the higher your chance of encountering them becomes.

Yeah but the older chains are just bs imo.

Also yeah gonna try some more for that kyurem then I give up really. I mean I got one gen 6 from a friend but I wanna do this challenge with Zebra still and get another so

Yeah I know after a chain of 50 the game foes 5 extra checks for shiny, and after a chain of 100 it does 10 checks. But other than that you don't need a chain, just a really high search level.

during EV training some pokemon.
i encountered a shiny zigzagoon ^^

so i have caught/hatched/gotten 46 shinies.

Last edited:
Back