• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Pokémon Shiny Hunting Experience

Tbh just the fact that you have some patience to even attempt the masuda method is respectable. I love shiny hunting but I could never be patient enough to try to hatch one out of an egg xD

Yeah, I remember when I first got my Shiny Charm and my JPN Ditto ready, I was on vacation for a week and I was thinking to myself "Huh, this should be EASY with everything I got. I'm going to have a full competitive Shiny team by the end of the week. One Pokemon a day should be simple!" Yeah, NEWS FLASH, I only ended up having one of those Pokemon being shiny (My beautiful black Charizard named Volvagia <3) because I was three days in and it was taking WAY too long. Now I take breaks here and there to do some battles on Battle Spot, because Solosis is being rude and doesn't wanna show up xD

Yeah, I remember when I first got my Shiny Charm and my JPN Ditto ready, I was on vacation for a week and I was thinking to myself "Huh, this should be EASY with everything I got. I'm going to have a full competitive Shiny team by the end of the week. One Pokemon a day should be simple!" Yeah, NEWS FLASH, I only ended up having one of those Pokemon being shiny (My beautiful black Charizard named Volvagia <3) because I was three days in and it was taking WAY too long. Now I take breaks here and there to do some battles on Battle Spot, because Solosis is being rude and doesn't wanna show up xD

Yeah, I mean I figured it would take me a ton longer than 3 days cause I can't keep my attention on something so simple for that long xDD
That's why I like to stick to Dexnav hunting.

Also heckin cool that you named your shiny Charizard Volvagia! I really liked that boss in OOT.

Yeah, I mean I figured it would take me a ton longer than 3 days cause I can't keep my attention on something so simple for that long xDD
That's why I like to stick to Dexnav hunting.

Also heckin cool that you named your shiny Charizard Volvagia! I really liked that boss in OOT.

Exactly! I would do SOS hunting (playing Pokemon Moon) but you cannot get Solosis that way, so I'm stuck with eggs. Sort of taking a break from the game anyways, but when I get back to it, hopefully I'll have some better luck xD

And thanks! I really like naming my Pokemon after other characters and monsters in gaming so it sort of just stuck :)

Another tip for people doing the Masuda method: if you manage to get two Pok?mon of the same species, but from different languages, it's a higher chance of producing an egg. I did it when breeding Froakie and the Day Care man was hardly ever turned around lol

I can't remember if I posted here yet but, I've had quite some luck with shinies. At first I never did methods for shinies, wasn't motivated and lost patience.. but I had the luck of encountering some shinies like ponyta in ss, golduck and altaria in black, and chatot in platinum! Sadly theyre all gone since the copy of x i first owned got corrupted..) but anyways!
Funny thing is I didnt start shiny hunting til sun/moon cause SOS for some reason seemed simple enough and getting the shiny charm in sm was easier...but then it hit me...that horde hunting is even easier cause all youre doing is using sweet scent to find the shiny in a horde of 5 and with the shiny charm that makes your chances higher. So I went back to oras and xy and worked my butt off to get the shiny charm in both. Have had good amount of shiny hunts! Also hunted a bit in friend safaris. But yeah! what got me more into shiny hunting is my rl bestie. We would hang out and just shiny hunt together, seeing who gets the shiny first! Also shiny bred in vc Silver and Crystal too! :D

I can't remember if I posted here yet but, I've had quite some luck with shinies. At first I never did methods for shinies, wasn't motivated and lost patience.. but I had the luck of encountering some shinies like ponyta in ss, golduck and altaria in black, and chatot in platinum! Sadly theyre all gone since the copy of x i first owned got corrupted..) but anyways!
Funny thing is I didnt start shiny hunting til sun/moon cause SOS for some reason seemed simple enough and getting the shiny charm in sm was easier...but then it hit me...that horde hunting is even easier cause all youre doing is using sweet scent to find the shiny in a horde of 5 and with the shiny charm that makes your chances higher. So I went back to oras and xy and worked my butt off to get the shiny charm in both. Have had good amount of shiny hunts! Also hunted a bit in friend safaris. But yeah! what got me more into shiny hunting is my rl bestie. We would hang out and just shiny hunt together, seeing who gets the shiny first! Also shiny bred in vc Silver and Crystal too! :D

Horde hunting does sound fun! I have to try it out when I go back to the older games, it's been a while since I played them.

Its very easy and doable if you wanna relax and not do to much. It's all up to preference too and if you like any of the shinies that could possibly appear in hordes!

Its very easy and doable if you wanna relax and not do to much. It's all up to preference too and if you like any of the shinies that could possibly appear in hordes!

So true~I've been breeding in sun and moon and it's been slightly stressful. The roselia shiny looks so beautiful, glad that's one of the horde pokemon XD

Trying to breed for a shiny ralts now and yeahhh with myrng luck it's probably gonna be like a couple of full boxes amount rounds hurr... but must have dat gardevoir

if u have a shiny ralts/kirlia/gardevoir sell me xo

- - - Post Merge - - -

Trying to breed for a shiny ralts now and yeahhh with myrng luck it's probably gonna be like a couple of full boxes amount rounds hurr... but must have dat gardevoir

To be honest, I'm a total loser when it comes to hunt for shiny Pokemon. I tried it a few times in various games, with various methods, never had luck. Except for that one time where I had lots of luck and was able to breed a shiny Espurr (back then my favorite Pokemon, still is one of my favorites) in Y. I can't remember how long it took, at one point I wanted to give up because I thought it would never work. But then I decided to still try it and then it finally worked. Words couldn't described how happy I was when I saw that pink-ish little fluffy guy coming out of his egg.

Other then that, I only got shiny Pokemon via trades...

Last edited:
yeah like all of mine are trades except pre-set shiny wormhole ones. haven't found a pre-set since platinum (shinx) so yeah even with charm and masuda method i highly doubt i will get one now lol

I could prob bunt another shiny Ralts for you on Omega Ruby! I've hunted them before and I got it in about 204 encounters. I may be able to fet some egg moves/perfect IVs. Do you care which gender it is?

I could prob bunt another shiny Ralts for you on Omega Ruby! I've hunted them before and I got it in about 204 encounters. I may be able to fet some egg moves/perfect IVs. Do you care which gender it is?

no i don't, i don't mind gaydevoir tbh

just a shiny one idk about moves etc either

ty bean <3

I GOT EM TURT

20190101_121918.jpg

You'll have to let me know what your ign is so I can trade w you :)

though i am not a shiny hunter.
i had quite the bit of luck encountering them.
the list is pretty long too, i was just lucky, i guess :p
i am NOT including shiny pokemon everyone get such as the shiny red Gyarados from lake of rage, or event pokemon.

so this is my shiny pokemon list ( no particular order )
NOTE: i lost a lot of these, due to me being dumb and saving a new game before checking if i traded them over to another game.

- Onix ( pokemon gold ) my very first shiny, lost it due to me losing the cartridge. :(
- Hoothoot ( pokemon crystal, virtual console ) was looking for an Exeggcute, but found this instead. :)
( it's a noctowl now, and just chilling in the PC in crystal, since i don't own a gen 7 game )
- Wingul ( pokemon ruby ) my first gen 3 shiny, evolved it, and traded it for a Kyogre with my friend.
- Teddyursa ( pokemon emerald ) my first safari zone shiny, evolved it, and lost it due to me saving a new game.
- Sableye ( pokemon emerlad ) was about to encounter Rayquaza, hoping it will be shiny, and i encountered this, mere steps away from it... :p ( lost it due to me being dumb and saving a new game... -.-' )
- Poocheyena ( pokemon emerald ) randomly encountered it, caught it, and i still have it, it's now in my box of shinies in alpha sapphire.
- Snorlax ( pokemon emerald ) was breeding for a Snorlax, and out popped this one, i was really excited, until my DS turned off, due to low battery... -.-'
- Wooper ( pokemon diamond ) my first gen 4 shiny, lost it due to me saving a new game...
- Quagsire ( pokemon diamond ) ( did not evolve it from the previously mentioned Wooper ) but lost it due to the same reason :(
- Floatsel ( pokemon diamond ) random encounter, still have it in my alpha sapphire.
- Gastrodon ( pokemon diamond ) literally encountered this one right after the Floatsel ( talk about luck ) and also still have it.
- Cresselia ( pokemon diamond ) it just happens to be shiny :) still have it on my alpha sapphire.
- Luminion ( pokemon diamond ) was just randomly fishing, and found this one, since i never saw a Luminion, i thought it was just a regular one, until i saw the sparkles, lost it due to me saving new game.
- Ralts ( pokemon diamond ) my first attempt at breeding a good pokemon, was hoping for a adamant, male Ralts, but got a sassy, female one instead, i still have it in my alpha sapphire, though it's now a gardevoir :)
- Machop ( pokemon platinum ) right before you meet Cyrus the first time in Mt. Coronet, i encountered this one ^^ ( lost it due to new safe file... )
- Regigigas ( pokemon platinum ) was just trying to catch it, but failed a few times, but not the time it was shiny :D
( still have it though ^^ )
- Eevee( pokemon heart gold ) this one took me a very, very, VERY, long time to get, and i finally got my shiny, careful nature, 6IV, female Eevee, it's now an Umbreon named Luna, and i love it <3
- Smeagle ( pokemon heart gold ) had some eggs chilling in my PC, and forgot what they were, and after some eggs hatching i got a shiny one, ( yes they were all Smeargle, i don't know why i had Smeargle eggs... ) ( and also still have it )
- Bronzor ( pokemon heart gold ) was looking for a Bronzor, but out came a shiny :) ( and yes i lost it )
- Xatu ( pokemon heart gold ) was looking for natu, and out popped a shiny :) and i do still have it ( well it's a Xatu now :p )
- Slakoth ( pokemon heart gold ) bit of the same as my Eevee, was breeding for a very long time until i got my 5IV ( this time ) female, jolly nature Slakoth.
- Ho-oh ( pokemon heart gold ) just got lucky, still got it.
- Suicune ( pokemon heart gold ) just got lucky, still got it.
- Latios ( pokemon heart gold ) just got lucky, still got it.
- Latias ( pokemon heart gold ) just got lucky, still got it.
- Rayquaza ( pokemon heart gold ) got super lucky, cause i had a good nature, and attack and speed on 31 IV's :O ( still have it )
- Groudon ( pokemon soul silver ) just got lucky, still have it
- Espurr ( pokemon X ) was training my pokemon a bit near that castle in the beginning, and i encountered a random shiny, still have it :)
- Halucha ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) hatched out of an egg during hatching process for a good one ( it wasn't ) stupidly traded it away for i don't remember what )
- Semisear ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me because i was looking for a Semisear, didn't even notice it was shiny until i traded it away because someone asked for it, for a pokemon i was looking for.
- Crawdaunt ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me by someone, it had great moves, great IV's ( 5 or 6 even ) and great nature, and it's legit since i can use it in VGC. ( still have it )
- Swablu ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) random shiny in a Swablu horde during EV training some pokemon, still have it :)
- Whimsicot ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me from someone on this very site ^^ ( don't remember who though... :$ )
( still have it :) )
- Aggron ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me over GTS, and it's legit like the Crawdaunt ^^ ( still have it )
- Dragalge ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) got traded to me from another person from this website ^^ ( don't remember who though, but i still have it :) )
- Whismur ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) random shiny in a horde during EV training, still got it. :)
- Zubat ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) random solo encounter in meteor falls, still got it. :)
- Sableye ( again :p ) ( pokemon alpha sapphire this time ) random out of an egg, was looking for one with the right IV's and nature, and most importantly ability ( wrong nature, IV's AND ability... :( ) but i still have it. :p
- Zekrom ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) from a trade, but it's hacked since it came from gen 5 where it was shiny locked, still got it though.
- Ditto ( pokemon alpha sapphire ) from a trade ut it's hacked, but i still have it.

( pokemon i don't know where i got them first )

- Arceus ( now on my pokemon black ) it is clearly hacked since it's at Lv.1 and shiny, caught in a quick ball.

and that is all my shiny pokemon...
quite the list ain't it :p ?
and yes i know some are hacked... but the ones i caught or hatched were 100% legit.

Last edited:
^^Jesus man lol

I've only found one shiny full-odds... the Golbat I found as soon as I entered Victory Road on omega ruby. I was trying to do some level grinding and instead I found a shiny.

I've yet to find a shiny on Sapphire, even though I've played it for almost 300 hours :(

Ayyy I found a shiny male Pumpkaboo in a friend safari a few minutes ago! I'll take it! I named him Charon. :cool:

Last edited:
Actually found my first "wild" shiny, sr'd for a shiny guzzlord on US and eventually got it last night woo! Love the weird colours :D

Might try for wormhole kyurem now as well bc I don't really have much to do in the game now.

Back