share your discoveries about the new update!

Currently, September 30th, there's nothing to discover. No DIYs, no pumpkin seeds for sale, no new reactions given yet, no skin and eye colors yet. Those who time traveled to October 1st had the seeds up for sale though.

NOTICE!! The new stuff occur starting October 1st (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

A summary of the spooky update so far, based from what I've gathered on this thread:
  • Growing Pumpkins
    • Pumpkin starts can be bought from Nooks (280) and Leif. Leif sells it for a lower price (140).
    • The pumpkin colors that grow are entirely random. Orange is the most common, green and white are uncommon, yellow is the most rare.
    • Must be watered to produce a maximum of 3 fruits. Does not need to be replanted.
    • It takes 3 days to grow. 2 days to regrow.
    • The same color regrows from the same plant.
    • It can be grown all year round.
  • Spooky Furniture
    • A selection of Spooky items can be bought from Nooks.
    • Spooky DIYs can be obtained from crafting villagers and balloons. There are 14 DIYS:
      • arch, candy set, carriage, chair, fence, garland, lantern, lantern set, scarecrow, standing lamp, table, table setting, tower, wand
      • IMPORTANT!! The table setting, garland, carriage, & wand can only be obtained on October 31st. !!
        • The table setting & garland can be obtained by giving candy to villagers.
        • The carriage & wand is given by Jack by giving him lollipop.
    • Crafting and customizing these items require pumpkins. The color variations (and pumpkin face expressions) are limited to the 4 pumpkin colors.
  • Halloween (October 31, from 5PM to midnight)
    • You can only purchase 1 candy a day.
      • But you can purchase more from other islands. So buy candy daily to stock up.
      • You can also get candy from villagers in their homes.
    • On Halloween, you can get 5 more Spooky items (table setting DIY, garland DIY, flooring, wallpaper, rug) from your villagers by giving them candy.
    • If you give Jack lollipops, you can obtain his hat, robe, spooky carriage & wand DIYs.
      • If you wear his robe and hat, villagers outside won’t ask you for candy. Instead, they will think you’re Jack and give you candy!
    • Villagers will prank you if you don't give candy.
    • The two new reactions will be learned on Halloween.
  • 4 new skin and eye colors are available. It can be redeemed for 2,400 Nook Miles each. It is permanent.
  • Jack's poster will be mailed to you October 1st. It glows in the dark.
  • Ables and Kicks will sell new spooky apparel, so check those daily.
  • At the Nook Shopping app, you can toggle with Y to hide items on sale or not.
  • You can now easily choose from a list of your previously visited dream islands.
    • You can also choose to mark these islands as your favorite.
  • Posters of villagers YOU HAVE NOT SCANNED/INVITED YOURSELF are removed from your catalog.

Last edited:
i tted to october 1st and got: jack’s poster in mail (not the same as amiibo one), nook’s store is selling the arch for 18k bells, can buy only one candy per day, pumpkin variation is random when you plant it (you won’t know what one it is).

i tted to october 1st and got: jack’s poster in mail (not the same as amiibo one), nook’s store is selling the arch for 18k bells, can buy only one candy per day, pumpkin variation is random when you plant it (you won’t know what one it is).
One candy per day?? Wow! Wasn’t expecting that...

I’m glad the arch is a bought item because it’s one of my favourite new items and I’m going to get a lot of them.

One candy per day?? Wow! Wasn’t expecting that...

I’m glad the arch is a bought item because it’s one of my favourite new items and I’m going to get a lot of them.
I was, only because Nintendo said "stock up on candy" and there was no bulk buy option in the preview video. They want to keep candy a precious commodity, which makes sense!
Post automatically merged:

OH! Also, just talked to Leif, this might be worth noting, he said:
"Pumpkins aren't like other produce! Sometimes they get so excited about growing that their color changes! There are four colors- orange, green, yellow, and white- and you won't know which color it is until it grows."

I was, only because Nintendo said "stock up on candy" and there was no bulk buy option in the preview video. They want to keep candy a precious commodity, which makes sense!

OH! Also, just talked to Leif, this might be worth noting, he said:
"Pumpkins aren't like other produce! Sometimes they get so excited about growing that their color changes! There are four colors- orange, green, yellow, and white- and you won't know which color it is until it grows."
Plus it's in line with previous games.

- You get certain Halloween ("Spooky" in-game) DIYs by talking to your villagers when they're crafting at home, just like you would any regular villager DIY. Megan gave me a "spooky scarecrow" - which is by all accounts not scary and actually very cute looking - and also told me that you can customize it using pumpkins of the color you want (orange, yellow, green and white). So you do NOT use customization kits for those recolors. The original spooky scarecrow recipe is crafted using 3 orange pumpkins, however.

If I remember correctly, villagers can give you candy randomly throughout the month as well. I'm sure I heard that somewhere.

I'm lurking the animal crossing discord and theres a pumpkin carriage item, I repeat THERES A PUMPKIN CARRIAGE!!!

Screenshot_20200929-214634_Discord.jpg

Plus it's in line with previous games.
Yah, that too 😅
- You get certain Halloween ("Spooky" in-game) DIYs by talking to your villagers when they're crafting at home, just like you would any regular villager DIY. Megan gave me a "spooky scarecrow" - which is by all accounts not scary and actually very cute looking - and also told me that you can customize it using pumpkins of the color you want (orange, yellow, green and white). So you do NOT use customization kits for those recolors. The original spooky scarecrow recipe is crafted using 3 orange pumpkins, however.
Ooh, good to know!
I got a spooky chair in my shop for 5k.
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I MUST KNOW RIGHT THIS MINUTE 😩

Wow. RNG is going to cause trouble for many people... again. And interesting that the decor can be bought.

Anyone has insight for DIYs?

I'm lurking the animal crossing discord and theres a pumpkin carriage item, I repeat THERES A PUMPKIN CARRIAGE!!!

View attachment 323417
I NEED TWENTY.
IDC THAT I DON'T HAVE SPACE FOR THAT.

Wow. RNG is going to cause trouble for many people... again. And interesting that the decor can be bought.

Anyone has insight for DIYs?
About the pumpkins? The fact that Leif said they can change color is what interests me.
Anyway, I'm not worried- I imagine, if it truly is random, there will be some active pumpkin trading on here. But it will be harder for those with no one to trade with.

Back