• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Sending mails via Wi-Fi

Winona

wнιle тнe ocean вlooмѕ…
Bells
October Birthstone (Opal)
Tasty Cake
Is it possible to send mails via wi-fi like it was in the CF version? Like, if you want to give your best friend a birthday present, send an item via mail to their city?

At first I was sure that there is no reason for Nintendo to remove this feature, but I remember reading somewhere that you aren't able to do that in New Leaf anymore. :confused:

I can't read Japanese either, so there is no way for me to find out by looking at screenshots.

I read or heard somewhere that you have to be in the town to send mail like in WW. If that's right I'll be quite disappointed. Sending gifts to friends in a letter was something I really enjoyed in CF. Hopefully it's a misunderstanding and still possible.

With the best-friend feature, you'll be able to send quick messages to your best-friend(s), no matter where he is.
But your best-friend has to be currently online.

It is really dumb they took out the ability to send mail without being in the persons town. Sure they added in a chat feature via best friends, but only if they are online so that still doesn't make up for it. I think that is a bad call on Nintendos part because it was a great feature and it isn't like the 3DS isn't capable of doing it. -_-

It is really dumb they took out the ability to send mail without being in the persons town. Sure they added in a chat feature via best friends, but only if they are online so that still doesn't make up for it. I think that is a bad call on Nintendos part because it was a great feature and it isn't like the 3DS isn't capable of doing it. -_-

Maybe they took it off because players now can send mails directly with their 3DS and friend codes.
Also the MiiVerse will bring some new online features

Maybe they took it off because players now can send mails directly with their 3DS and friend codes.
Also the MiiVerse will bring some new online features

But that is different than receiving a letter with a gift attached in animal crossing. I think Miiverse is only for the Wii U, I'm not positive as I don't have one, but I don't think the 3DS is Miiverse relevant. If it is do you have a link with information about it, I'd like to know more :)

But that is different than receiving a letter with a gift attached in animal crossing. I think Miiverse is only for the Wii U, I'm not positive as I don't have one, but I don't think the 3DS is Miiverse relevant. If it is do you have a link with information about it, I'd like to know more :)

I totaly agree, Nintendo did a great work on New leaf but messed up on this, also it would have been cool to get a 8 players online.
But I'm pretty sure the Mii Verse will be out for 3DS, it has been announced during the E3 and will be released on 3DS, PC, tablets and smartphones in 2013.

I totaly agree, Nintendo did a great work on New leaf but messed up on this, also it would have been cool to get a 8 players online.
But I'm pretty sure the Mii Verse will be out for 3DS, it has been announced during the E3 and will be released on 3DS, PC, tablets and smartphones in 2013.

I can understand why they didn't do 8, it often lags majorly with just four. But that is cool they are incorporating Miiverse to things other than just the Wii U, I didn't know that.
I personally think sending a letter to a town you're already in is mainly pointless since we already have the noticeboards we can post things on. I mean it's better than not having it at all, it just seems like a heavily used feature they skipped.

I've been wondering about this. I'm disappointed that it's not longer possible to send players mail unless you're in their town. It was nice being able to send my friends a surprise gift, or a birthday letter or something. :(

I don't really care that they removed it but what I want to know is why? I can't understand why they would remove a feature like that. Seems odd to me.

The Wii had WiiConnect24, which means it was connected to the Internet 24 hours a day, even when the power is off. The 3DS doesn't have that, thus, sending letters to other towns had to be removed. The only way for it to be possible would be for both players to be online at the same time.

That makes sense, but it's kind of sad, though. :( But I wonder about how the letter in the bottle worked in Wild World then?

That makes sense, but it's kind of sad, though. :( But I wonder about how the letter in the bottle worked in Wild World then?

Tag mode. Tag mode is like Street Pass, except it was a game specific feature and not something built into the system like Street Pass is.

The Wii had WiiConnect24, which means it was connected to the Internet 24 hours a day, even when the power is off. The 3DS doesn't have that, thus, sending letters to other towns had to be removed. The only way for it to be possible would be for both players to be online at the same time.

They could have done something where your messages are delivered when you reconnect >.>

Shouldn't they be able to make it work the same way swapnote does? Just receive the mail when you next connect to the internet?

Shouldn't they be able to make it work the same way swapnote does? Just receive the mail when you next connect to the internet?

They have the ability to do it. I guess they just didn't believe it was worth their time to do it.

In ACCF, it is not required that both players have to be online at the same time. The only requirements are that both players have the other's Friend Code entered on their Friend List and that Nintendo WFC has verified that both players have the other on their Friend List. I exchanged several letters with someone on another continent while connecting to the Internet only a few times a month.

Back