Selling Hacked Items Rant

Are people still hacking items? I feel like its super unfair to us who don't know how / don't want to hack items

If you think it's unfair, then learn how to hack. You don't need to be a programming genius to do it, at least not in NL, you do. My friend was able to hack her 3DS pretty easily.
If people are using hacking to bring in items (NOT TO RESELL THEM MIND YOU), I don't think it's unfair because they learned and went through the work to set up their console and bring the items/villagers in.

i think it's okay to hack/do whatever you want in your own game (i don't really know anything about hacking but i've seen some really pretty new leaf towns!) but it's gross to introduce hacking into someone else's game - especially since buyers often don't know that the items that they're receiving are hacked!!

If you think it's unfair, then learn how to hack. You don't need to be a programming genius to do it, at least not in NL, you do. My friend was able to hack her 3DS pretty easily.
If people are using hacking to bring in items (NOT TO RESELL THEM MIND YOU), I don't think it's unfair because they learned and went through the work to set up their console and bring the items/villagers in.
oh I'm sorry I didn't explain very well
I think it's unfair for them to hack and then sell them off for profit and gain a lot of money, similar to your views

Agreed, it's completely messed up trading and currency on the forums

...it's just a game. If I wasn't so lazy I'd probably start racking up bells and sell them for irl money, gotta make some coins
It's not about the game, it's about the economy.
Post automatically merged:

oh I'm sorry I didn't explain very well
I think it's unfair for them to hack and then sell them off for profit and gain a lot of money, similar to your views
Oh, my bad! Lol! Yeah I completely agree

i think it's okay to hack/do whatever you want in your own game (i don't really know anything about hacking but i've seen some really pretty new leaf towns!) but it's gross to introduce hacking into someone else's game - especially since buyers often don't know that the items that they're receiving are hacked!!

Yep, I'm pretty sure I have a duped royal crown from when the forums allowed the crowns to be sold on the first few days and I feel so dirty about it

Personally I would never hack my game, it would ruin the fun out of it for me. However, people being over others hacking is just silly. The game first of all doesn't know if an item you receive is hacked. Like legit hacks in Pokemon. It's a legit item just obtained in unethical ways. Also the subject of morality doesn't really apply here. No one is getting hurt from a hacker. Even if he's selling the items or villagers, the people buying are buying. Again the game doesn't know if the item or villager is hacked unless there's a direct code change like in NL.

I personally do not like TT, but Cycling villages are pretty much in the same boat. No matter how you want to justify it yourself, the game is being manipulated to get an item/villager to cycle or trade out. Profit or not it's being taken advantage of for a purpose.

Ethics man.

Well, AbdallahSmash on Youtube did a whole tutorial on how to hack royal crowns and other items.
I kind of started disliking him after that, to be honest.
He also constantly mocks people who interact with their villagers - I mean, why are you even playing AC if you're not into the villagers?
It defeats the whole purpose of the game. The villagers are what brings in charm into this game and makes it stand apart from other simulation games.

So yeah, I get that I went a bit off-topic here but even though that crown-spinning glitch was fixed, I'm sure there are other ways to hack as you can buy, basically, a limitless supply of NMT's off of e-bay for real money or even some villagers like Raymond.
So yeah, hacking exists.
People who traded in New Leaf and claimed that they didn't hack when they had limitless supplies of rare sets were plain lying.

Personally I would never hack my game, it would ruin the fun out of it for me. However, people being over others hacking is just silly. The game first of all doesn't know if an item you receive is hacked. Like legit hacks in Pokemon. It's a legit item just obtained in unethical ways. Also the subject of morality doesn't really apply here. No one is getting hurt from a hacker. Even if he's selling the items or villagers, the people buying are buying. Again the game doesn't know if the item or villager is hacked unless there's a direct code change like in NL.

I personally do not like TT, but Cycling villages are pretty much in the same boat. No matter how you want to justify it yourself, the game is being manipulated to get an item/villager to cycle or trade out. Profit or not it's being taken advantage of for a purpose.

Ethics man.
Yes, but if you are hacking items and then selling them for real money or ridiculous amounts of NMT's or bells, then it kind of makes it impossible for normal players to obtain those items.
Now, I get that it's up to the person if they want to give into this or not but what I mean is that if you're not spending actual money on the game to acquire 1000+ NMT's, then you'll probably never acquire certain items. That, to me, is a bit unfair.

Well, AbdallahSmash on Youtube did a whole tutorial on how to hack royal crowns and other items.
I kind fo started disliking him after that, to be honest.
He also constantly mocks people who interact with their villagers - I mean, why are you even playing AC if you're not into the villagers?
It defeats the whole purpose of the game. The villagers are what bring in charm into this game.

So yeah, I get that I went a bit off-topic here but even though that crown-spinning glitch was fixed, I'm sure there are other ways to hack as you can buy, basically, a limitless supply of NMT's off of e-bay for real money or even some villagers like Raymond.
So yeah, hacking exists.
People who traded in New Leaf and claimed that they didn't hack when they had limitless supplies of rare sets were plain lying.

The fact that the entertainers in our community are so toxic like that is horrible... Our community is bigger than it's ever been and the fact this could be newcomers' first impression upsets me alot
Hopefully none of the people who learned the duplication glitch from that video turned around and tried to make a profit off of it off other people

The fact that the entertainers in our community are so toxic like that is horrible... Our community is bigger than it's ever been and the fact this could be newcomers' first impression upsets me alot
Hopefully none of the people who learned the duplication glitch from that video turned around and tried to make a profit off of it off other people
I'm sure they have.
A lot of his viewers are kids who, obviously, look up to him, and he was basically encouraging everyone to do it and become bell-onaires.

Reactions: Raz
Are we talking about legit hacking i.e. code modification or glitch exploitation e.g duplication, but I think some people in this thread are getting confused.
I kind of started disliking him after that, to be honest.

Duplication glitch =/= hacking.

People are also hacking by editing savefiles. I have seen (sold) Raymonds on my local ebay-like website, for 150~200 usd...

I hate this kind of thing. I used to play a few games that became unplayable because of hacking. It's a shame that AC is now plagued by two of the worst problems an online game can have: cheaters/hackers and people who insist to make a business out of a game.

Are we talking about legit hacking i.e. code modification or glitch exploitation e.g duplication, but I think some people in this thread are getting confused.

Duplication glitch =/= hacking.
Both have the same effect in the end, it doesn't matter

Augh seriously? Who was the YouTuber?
I don’t wanna be that person but I feel like now that animal crossing is suddenly more mainstream it’s bringing in more toxic behavior

This is why I boycotted Smash Ultimate. Don't ever bring AC to the mainstream. This is what I predict will happen.

Maybe I'm just a bit confused here but... You boycotted Smash because of the community, something that is beyond Nintendo's control?

I was not happy with AC in Smash because I knew it would bring in toxic players. Why is Isabelle fighting in smash, she literally avoid conflicts if she can. You're telling me AC is a pegi 3 (3 year old game) and yet they are in a fighting game?

Also I wasn't happy when Pocket camp got release. For one it delay New Horizon and probably one of the reason why New Horizon is unfinish. Those two factors are why the AC community now is not what it used to be.

Take those two factors out and AC isn't as popular as it is now. It has always been a niche franchise. And AC doesn't need to be in Smash anyway. I never wanted AC to be popular because AC is close to my heart and when it become popular, Nintendo doesn't need to rely on their old "vet" anymore as now their cashflow is from all the newcomers. I seen this happen with two many games with strong fanbase that supported the developers from the very beginning only to get screw in the end. I been apart of multiple franchise like this.

For example a huge fan of the original Guild Wars but when Nexon got their hand on it, they started to restrict everything. Dye used to be unlimited use and now was severely limited to one use per item.

There many franchise where it became big and the developers and publishers screw over their long supporting fans (the only reason they exist) in favor of the cashcow that is new casual fans.

I'm also never wrong when it come to future prediction because I look through the lense of history and how history always repeat.

Yeah, I don't remember TT being controversial back then, but then again I joined AC in the NL days and I wasn't really apart of the online community at the time, but still. It's so stupid that people are policing how you play a game that's meant to accommodate to your own personal playstyle.
Sorry to go on a tangent, but yeah, that's unfortunately the current state of pretty much all video game communities. Theres so many elitists that go rabid over other people not playing the games how the elitists want them to play, no matter how private or single-player they're playing. Remember when people tried to call using an official, built-in mechanic to rewind old games cheating in the digital re-releases of old Nintendo games on the switch? How nasty people would get at the devs and other players for including/playing on easy mode?

It's all awful and its somehow gotten worse. I didnt think you could be elitist like that with animal crossing but now we got people saying you're a lesser human being for TTing

But yeah, back onto the topic I fully agree with everything you've said. I support people in their hacking endeavors for personal use and fun, but there's simply no excuse to sell hacked items. It's nothing but disingenuous.

I was not happy with AC in Smash because I knew it would bring in toxic players. Why is Isabelle fighting in smash, she literally avoid conflicts if she can. You're telling me AC is a pegi 3 (3 year old game) and yet they are in a fighting game?

Also I wasn't happy when Pocket camp got release. For one it delay New Horizon and probably one of the reason why New Horizon is unfinish. Those two factors are why the AC community now is not what it used to be.

Take those two factors out and AC isn't as popular as it is now. It has always been a niche franchise. And AC doesn't need to be in Smash anyway. I never wanted AC to be popular because AC is close to my heart and when it become popular, Nintendo doesn't need to rely on their old "vet" anymore as now their cashflow is from all the newcomers. I seen this happen with two many games with strong fanbase that supported the developers from the very beginning only to get screw in the end. I been apart of multiple franchise like this.

For example a huge fan of the original Guild Wars but when Nexon got their hand on it, they started to restrict everything. Dye used to be unlimited use and now was severely limited to one use per item.

There many franchise where it became big and the developers and publishers screw over their long supporting fans (the only reason they exist) in favor of the cashcow that is new casual fans.

I'm also never wrong when it come to future prediction because I look through the lense of history and how history always repeat.

Well I'm actually glad Animal Crossing is more mainstream. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have gotten into it. I know I've been complaining about the toxicity of the community all throughout this thread but that's only a few bad apples. The Animal Crossing community is and has been great for years, and that didn't change just because it got popular. You're focusing too much on the negatives, man...

Back