• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Secondary Characters

They can be. Some people make them to be pattern mules. So they don't need to have all their path designs taken up on the mayor. Also helps display extra furniture you like but don't have room for in your mayor house.. Extra storage too. And you can buy more art from redd if there is more worth buying.

Personal choice. ^^

It depends on whether you're more of a "go with the flow" type of person or "things have to be done just like how you want it" type of player.

Secondary Characters:
- Could hold your designs (limit 10 per person). Useful if you have a pathway design that takes up all 10 slots on your person, but you still want to use other designs for clothing/furniture.
- Hold non-catalog-order-ables in storage.
- If main character fails to get a villager to move, secondary character may help with an extra chance.
- If you're really creative but are also indecisive, having a second house to play around with isn't too bad.

Temporary Characters: This is related to those who are made on the same day as they are removed/deleted.
- Very useful when you want to obtain certain dreamies/villagers, and change their house plots as they move into town (if you don't mind restarting your day).
- If you're restarting the town from scratch, and want to transfer a ton of items to the new copy of the game (hard for mayors in particular), a temporary character would be useful for holding items temporarily as you make your move/transfer.

Last edited:
have extra players in town is great. here are some of my reasons.
- extra money rocks for increased money for the mayor. this also equates to more chances to get ore instead of money. this means bigger chances to make some bells.

- display cool stuff or have cool things in the other houses. some people turn the mules houses into stores of sorts. granted you can buy anything from them but it looks cool when a house is used for a restaurant or perhaps a hotel or spa.

- patterns can be used to make better paths, or even murals which can be very large if 2 or 3 mules are involved.

-testing. you can see what other house styles look like but playing with the mules house. see how it looks before you use it on your house.

but most importantly storage and money.

I have one. I use her for design storage and item storage, but besides that she's just there. They're helpful, but can easily fall unused (at least for me.)

I primarily use my 2nd character (for the moment) for paths since I don't want to clog up my main character with design paths. They are useful if you have many designs you want showcased or paths. And when I have a lot I want to do to my main home, I drop furniture/items in front of the other characters home to save for them, once I start building on their homes later. It's really more of a convenience for me.

It's nice having a second character of the opposite gender. You'll be able to collect both types of clothing and the villagers will talk about the mayor. You'll also have more opportunities to obtain pictures and possibly trade or sell the ones you get double.

But most importantly a second character is perfect for storage of furniture, although to make optimal use of them you'll have to upgrade their house too.

It depends if you need more storage or if you need more space for patterns. That's the only thing I think they're good for.

I use my secondary character to hold more paths, so secondary characters are useful for me.

I have all four characters just so I can have the extra houses to decorate. In my town I have my own house, a mall, a school and a hotel. (I actually named the extra characters Mall, School, and Hotel!) If you visit my dream town you will see that School is wearing a graduation cap & gown, Mall is dressed like a security guard and Hotel is dressed as a concierge!

I use them for storage and patterns :p

They'd good for getting a 2nd DLC item or event item, too. I got 2 pumpkin pies and two zodiac horses because I have a mayor and an alt. So you could get four of these items.

She also stores my custom clothes and unorderable items (until I sell them) and I do different house designs/character stylings with her. My mayor has a big castle, my alt has a little candy cottage.

Back