• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

✿ School ✿ homework help and venting thread ✿ Tell us about your day!

Geometry made me want to throw up last year. And I am pretty sure my french teacher is a pedofile.

can somebody solve h=V^2/2g for g?

h=V^2/2g

2gh=V^2

g=V^2/2h

... maybe, idk :3

also i'm so glad i'm leaving school next year, even though i'll miss the security of knowing everyone and being comfortable around people, i'm so ready to go to university.

Last edited:
My Bio teacher is sooo boring! I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't understand it. I'm also stressed out about some personal relationships. :(

I feel like I got all the tough teachers, or at least the quiz-happy ones. Dx I had a geometry quiz today, a science and Latin quiz tomorrow, another science quiz on Friday, and another Latin quiz next Tuesday. Overall, I've had eleven quizzes/tests. This is my freshman year of high school, it's been less than a month, and I'm only in one honors class- which has had the least quizzes of all. Is this normal for high school, or am I just unlucky? None of my friends of have had this much.

There are two grade nine English teachers, one who teaches standard and one honors class. The other one teaches only honors, which is who I have. My sister has honors to, but with the other teacher. Every English class, regardless of level (the translation is apparently supposed to be more difficult for honors), is reading The Odyssey. My sister's teacher gives them silent reading days two times a week, and they only have to read one chapter/book a week. I need to read eight chapters/books a week. ;-;

I'm sorry if this sounds whiny, but I'm frustrated with the work load. ^.^' I'm sure I will adjust eventually.

Last edited:
I just submitted a lab on Magnitude Estimation. Basically we did a lab on Thresholds of tactile sensory perception of sandpaper of a "standard" compared to other gradients of sandpaper to see if we could assign numerical values for how rough or how smooth the sandpaper was in comparison to the standard. And the experiment was a MESS! SOOOOO many limitations! SOOOOOO disorganized! The data was all over the place. The GAs were inconsistent with how they controlled for variables. So I wrote up my lab in proper APA format and kicked ass. I hope I get a good grade. They asked all these questions like "what does this experiment teach us about what we already know about thresholds?" NOTHING! (I said it nicer than that) Because in many ways it tested memory more than it did perceived magnitude estimation. The experiment was flawed. I listed ways it could be adjusted and modified to actually test what it should have been testing.

I can't believe I missed that problem. I almost got 100%...
whyyyyyy....

I can't make friends in school. It's mentally impossible.

GOING TO SUMBIT MY PROJECT LATE BECAUSE THE POINT AND THE LINE IS INACCURATE FOR SOME REASON YAY :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

btw who understands projectile motion in Physics

Ugh, I have so many projects to finish by next week...

I mean, in the past week, we've probably been given at least 8 projects to finish!

Seriously? I mean, teacher, just give us a break! We have even more upcoming... :(

I seriously feel like we've gotten at least twice as many projects to do as we got last year.

Back