• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

✿ School ✿ homework help and venting thread ✿ Tell us about your day!

if you think school is bad for you, try having a twin sister who is every ounce of desirable and perfect and beautiful and smart, while you're the younger one with the oddly high voice, peculiar interests and far too quiet personality who everybody seems to like to take a bite out of.

Yeah
don't mean to mock you but I have twin friends and that's pretty much the same for them

A-levels are killing my soul
i need AAA for the university i want to go to ;_; the stress

Yeah
don't mean to mock you but I have twin friends and that's pretty much the same for them
it's absolutely god awful, and nobody even realises it? i mean being picked on is bad enough but if you're being picked on Because your sister is the embodiment of perfection, that's the most horrible thing ever.

I am in college and I am taking the hardest classes this fall which are microbiology, psychology, A&P 1, and Medical terminology :c

Also school is scary bc im the only transgender person in the year (theres 2000 people)
No-one knows i'm, transgender though, since they cant tell bc i pass, but im always worried ill slip up or something and ahh idk its weird, but also fab to have no-one even bat an eyelid and i can live how i want to without anyone realising

I'm in my Senior year and if anyone needs help with Chem, Physics, English, or just any subject, let me know. I'm Canadian so I can't help much with U.S. History.

I started sixth form recently but I'd rather just leave and spend my days just huddled up in a blanket playing video games. ;w; Sigh... The work isn't stressing me out so much since I'm quite a motivated person and I'll do work if I need to do it, but... Making new friends and talking to new people is just... Tiring, and sometimes I want to give up. ;; Hahaha...

I started sixth form recently but I'd rather just leave and spend my days just huddled up in a blanket playing video games. ;w; Sigh... The work isn't stressing me out so much since I'm quite a motivated person and I'll do work if I need to do it, but... Making new friends and talking to new people is just... Tiring, and sometimes I want to give up. ;; Hahaha...

What do you take? i wonder if we do any similar a levels

I'm in my Senior year and if anyone needs help with Chem, Physics, English, or just any subject, let me know. I'm Canadian so I can't help much with U.S. History.

I'll probz need help in Chemistry bc my teacher is terrible (evident from the reviews he gets online lmao)
my friends brother is taking Chemistry for GCSE's or w.e and he had no idea how to do any of our homework questions and we're like six years younger weoops!

What do you take? i wonder if we do any similar a levels

Haha, I do English Literature and English Language, Media, and Philosophy ^^ I actually wanted to take Japanese at A Level but... My old school's sixth form decided not to offer it at A Level (even though it was available at GCSE), and even after me trying to persuade them, they wouldn't let me. >> Not even that A* on results day let them change their mind... Oh well, it's their loss anyway. I couldn't really do any subjects I wanted to at my old school, hence why I moved. :x Still can't do Japanese but... I'm at least somewhat better off. x3 I sort of feel like I'm wasting 2 years of my life doing subjects that I like and enjoy and am good at, but not the one thing I'm really passionate about (Japanese).

I am in university (I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post) taking courses in psychology and right now. Sensation & Perception I am finding REALLY challenging. I went to my GA (Graduate Assistant) for help deciphering diagrams in a chapter on the visual system because I find it just so baffling. Especially dark adaptation. You know how if you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and then go back to bed, you can't see anything and you trip over something WHY that is the case neurologically and the whole process of a stimulus like a tree, having light reflected off it, into the eye, to late be transducted into neural impulses that send messages into the brain - it gets REALLY complicated. But we get to learn about optical illusions and why they fool us, which is neat.

I am taking that class as well and it is a pretty interesting. If you ever need help on it you can msg me:)

I'm a few years out of college, but still do high level math (statistics, forecasting, derivatives, neural networks) on a daily basis for work. I'm always more than happy to help anyone with anything math related, even simple algebra or geometry; just send me a PM.

I'm not sure if this was the intended purpose of this thread, but saw "homework help" and thought I'd extend the offer. :)

I skipped a grade and so I'm a senior instead of a junior like I'm supposed to be this year, so my schedule just feels really overloaded mainly. Also I now have to stress about applying to colleges a year ahead of schedule and I have absolutely no idea what I want to do there *internal sobbing*

If any of you ever need help with anything you can always ask me though. I'm better and science and language subjects, but I can probably help with any homework so long as it's not math. I can't do math at all haha.

I transfered schools in the middle of the term and missed over a week of school in the process, and I'm already beginning to fall behind in my pre-trig/calculus and chemistry classes. I'm usually really bad at anything that has to do with math.

But I do really well in world or US history and English if anyone has any problems there, I'd love to help.

I sit by an all A student (Which is great for them.), but I always feel bad when I get back papers, because I consider me lucky to at least get a C-. I'll look over and see that she got such a good grade, and I'm here happy that I got a D+, lol.

it's also pretty hard to not cheat :(

I got a 72 on my calc test from last week, which was much higher than I expected lol. Our teacher's letting us do corrections and is giving us half of the points back, so I can get an 86 after corrections. :>

Also, I can help people with any work they need help with. I'm a little bit busy with marching band right now, but just shoot me a message if you need anything!

I am in university (I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post) taking courses in psychology and right now. Sensation & Perception I am finding REALLY challenging. I went to my GA (Graduate Assistant) for help deciphering diagrams in a chapter on the visual system because I find it just so baffling. Especially dark adaptation. You know how if you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and then go back to bed, you can't see anything and you trip over something WHY that is the case neurologically and the whole process of a stimulus like a tree, having light reflected off it, into the eye, to late be transducted into neural impulses that send messages into the brain - it gets REALLY complicated. But we get to learn about optical illusions and why they fool us, which is neat.

I'm taking a perception class right now too! last semester I took neuroscience, so transduction is an easier concept for me to understand, but I'm really terrible when it comes to vision in the later stages of the brain processing the signal. like, all the different layers of cells in the lateral geniculate nucleus and the striate cortex. it's never really clicked with me, I guess. I have my first test for the class this Monday too. I'm scared because it always takes a bit of time to adapt to new professors and their exam formatting, but I feel like this professor has been keeping it pretty simple so far, so I hope I'll be okay.

I sit by an all A student (Which is great for them.), but I always feel bad when I get back papers, because I consider me lucky to at least get a C-. I'll look over and see that she got such a good grade, and I'm here happy that I got a D+, lol.

it's also pretty hard to not cheat :(
I can never understand people's handwriting even though mine is very cursive (which is odd because I was forced to learn it in primary school yet almost everyone else writes in print and I've only seen like 3 others write cursive) so I'm one to talk.

Back