• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

✿ School ✿ homework help and venting thread ✿ Tell us about your day!

Bells
Switch
3641-2793-6219
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
✿ School ✿ homework help and venting thread ✿ Tell us about your day!

tumblr_me94gtBinW1qdlkyg.gif

First of all, if this exists or isn't allowed then please close aha ♥
Recently I was thinking about how stressed I am in school and how much I hate it. I used to love it but now it just feels boring and something I need to get over and done with. I was also thinking about how hard homework is and I'm sure others are thinking the same. So I thought I should make a thread where we can all help each other and comfort each other about bad days at school and bond over hatred for school and our worst enemies there ! If you need help with homework, post here ! If you need advice for a sticky situation, come here ! The members of tbt are here for you!
Please don't argue or spam this as I think this is something that could help us all and we could all create friendships here too ! ✿

My teachers are real boring this year and lessons aren't as fun as last year. I've lost a lot of motivation and I feel it could affect my studies. I always feel scared to answer in class, too, which is new and I didn't experience it last year, even when I was in a new school with new people and teachers I'd never seen/heard of ;A; Does anyone have any tips to keep me motivated in class ? Hopefully the lessons become more fun as the academic year advances.

tumblr_me94heG8wd1qdlkyg.gif

Good thread idea! Ok, so I feel like I have become REALLY shy since last year. I don't tend to answer questions as much and I'm finding the tons of homework badly. Idk, but maybe year 8 isn't for me. Scratch that, school isn't for me. People are crap and bleugh just let me turn into a puddle of water

Algebra sucked as usual.

Ugghhh, not Algebra! I don't even know when I will ever need to use it when I'm older.

Good thread idea! Ok, so I feel like I have become REALLY shy since last year. I don't tend to answer questions as much and I'm finding the tons of homework badly. Idk, but maybe year 8 isn't for me. Scratch that, school isn't for me. People are crap and bleugh just let me turn into a puddle of water

I feel like we're in the same situation!

I've been procrastinating my history homework for like a week, I love history normally but I just can't be bothered to do it.

Also maths is annoying me, I've got straight A*s so far and event single time I've been one mark of 100%. It's always some stupid mistake as well. Why can't I be happy that I've got good grades.

Last edited:
I got a 63.5% on my U.S. History test, which will take my overall grade from a mid-B to a C.
Which means my GPA is going to drop if I don't get it back up in a few months.

That test is really bothering me, I got perfect scores on two of the essays I wrote and for the last three he gave me 20%'s on them and they were completely relevant??

Now I have to plan my essay that's due on Friday (lol oops) & finish reading The Crucible & answer a packet of AP questions & reading questions, then I have to do my chemistry homework and review that, review history, review calculus, and review psychology notes.

Then at 7:00pm I have to go to a college meeting that I don't want to go/don't have time to go to, but I have to go anyway.

I have so much math homework. We cover 2 new sections every day in class and have homework pages with 30 questions for each section. So each night I have 60 problems to write on notebook paper THEN we have online math homework.

Nothing. Nothing is harder than doing math online. It's so dumb. I can't even.

Then my biology class has just tons and tons of reading to do so that just adds on to the work load I already have. Good thing my other 3 classes don't have homework.

Ugghhh, not Algebra! I don't even know when I will ever need to use it when I'm older.
Me either. Jeez.
I kinda like algebra :3

I like some parts of algebra, if I know the method and the calculations aren't to complicated then I quite enjoy just ploughing threw the questions, I find it really relaxing.
Wow, that's one way to put it. That seems....actually enjoyable.
Oh boy, wait until you see what they teach in America.
I understand it, but it takes a while and most of the time it just overwhelms me.

Last edited:
So, right now I'm extremely annoyed at my dad. At my school the policy is if your phone gets taken away a parent has to go into the office and get it. My phone got taken away first period for pretty much no reason. (I pulled it out to tell my friends to remove me from the group chat so I wouldn't get in trouble since i had to leave it on for class purposes) Anyways, I tried to tell my teacher that but she told me she had to take it away for 'school policy'. After school I ask my dad to go in and pick it up, but instead on taking the 2 minutes it would take to get it he says he 'Doesn't have time' and 'had to get my sister to an appointment' that was 5 minutes away. It was 2:45 when I asked him, my sisters appointment was at 3. I tried to tell him it would only take a minute and that he would have time but he just yelled at me. So, I called my mom on my sisters phone and asked her to pick it up. She wasn't able to leave work and get it so i asked her to talk to my dad. He yelled at her and said he didn't have time. Me and my mom both knew that was bull****. Anyways, long story short my dad yelled at me more, my sister got to her appointment 10 minutes early, my mom said I wouldn't be able to get my phone back, and now I'm really pissed at my dad. I know 'Its just a phone you spoiled brat!' but I use it for important things, and it pisses me off my dad wouldn't take the 2 minutes to go and get it for me, plus he yelled at me for no reason. I'm more upset about my dads reaction then about having my phone gone.

Also, we had an hour long assembly about a fundraiser.

UGH

Gotta study biology chemistry physics applied maths maths Spanish English Irish ... Just finished 12 hours of school recked c::

Wow, that's one way to put it. That seems....actually enjoyable.
Oh boy, wait until you see what they teach in America.
I understand it, but it takes a while and most of the time it just overwhelms me.

I live in the UK so I guess I don't really know bout Americas curriculum apart from what I've heard on here basically and it dosent sound great. Some parts overwhelm me too and I really struggle to do them (quadratics) but I think it really is down to the curriculum and the teacher (of course naturally some people are going to find it harder than others). For me a key part is making sure the teacher is engaging or I my mind will just wander off resulting in me most likely not hearing anything and not learning anything.

Welcome to my life. At my school the phone policy is no different, and we actually had a forty minute assembly about some dumb magazine sale that is just a waste of time and I'm pretty sure is nothing more than a downright scam. Thank god I don't have a phone and that dumb fundraiser thing was actually just an excuse to get out of class I guess lol.

Algebra is really easy for me. Other parts of math are harder for me but Algebra isn't too bad. Free period for me to just relax and not really care too much.

Edit: C- on a test on the Seven Years War. Yeah I don't even know anymore, all of my other grades seem to be just as good as usual.

Last edited:
/vent

Okay, so. For some reason, I've been sick a lot this school year. No biggie. It was about 6 days, so.. yeah.
Anyways, though that week I had to pick up a lot of homework, so, I did. I went into my Writing / Reading room to get my homework and he said, "Don't worry about it, you don't have any.". Rad. Anywho I completed all of that homework, turned it in and such, and later that week - the same teacher came up to my desk in the middle of class and asked where my homework was.
"uhm you said I didn't have any??"
"No, I gave you some."
"lol no, you didn't."
So, I got sent to the principal's office for "Not having my homework on time". You didn't even give me my homework you piece of ****.

then i cut this part out bc it makes me angry lmao im having a fit right now

Last edited:
Welcome to my life. At my school the phone policy is no different, and we actually had a forty minute assembly about some dumb magazine sale that is just a waste of time and I'm pretty sure is nothing more than a downright scam. Thank god I don't have a phone and that dumb fundraiser thing was actually just an excuse to get out of class I guess lol.

Algebra is really easy for me. Other parts of math are harder for me but Algebra isn't too bad. Free period for me to just relax and not really care too much.

Edit: C- on a test on the Seven Years War. Yeah I don't even know anymore, all of my other grades seem to be just as good as usual.

DO WE GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL?! We also had a magzine assembly. Thank god its our only fundraiser this year

I have my first two exams of the semester this next week. I'm pretty nervous about history because it's never been my strongest subject, let alone US history...and perception is going to be interesting. his teaching style is rather quick, so I hope the tests aren't too detailed. I hear he's easy though. I also have a paper to write for my psych of prejudice class and it's an interview paper, but it's not due until the end of this month. I need to interview my person of interest this weekend though. GAH. too much to do this weekend!!!

School's pretty fun I guess but the amount of people I don't know who say I don't need crutches piss me off, like, you wouldn't say to an elderly man, "you don't need that walking stick" like???? they're for balance
/rant

But honestly I have good teachers but I can't focus like, my homework was technically all right but I written half of the questions wrong (maths, so like I did a completely different question but I'd answer that question right) and it confuses me how I screwed up.
Oh and we have this teachers rating site and my science teacher got 1 star of 5 stars and it's laughable because it's so true it hurts

:p I hate homework! And sometimes school. I don't have any friends at recess.

Back