• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Saw-Your-Logs Lumberjacks: Dream Suite Critiques

toadsworthy

Tangsworthy
Bells
Switch
1777-6372-7112
Yellow Balloon
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Red Balloon
Dreamy Party Popper
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Golden Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
New Year's Party Popper
Feedback
100% (494) +
Whats up everyone! I am looking for a reason to visit Riften now that its basically finished so I want to do some dreaming! I have had a lot of people really like the detailed reviews I've given them of their towns and I love helping people find new inspiration so I figured I would start getting a list of towns to visit! No payment required, but tips are appreciated!

Please note that by posting your DA here you know I am going to post my opinions of things around your town.... I'm not gonna be mean obvi, but be ready for an honest critique! and I will go absolutely everywhere in these towns

I won't keep a running list on the OP, since the thread does that for me, but will list the next time I will be Dreaming!

NEXT DREAM SESSION (EST): Friday around 12pm but feel free to start the list for me!

I love some criticism I know my town is great but I want it to be perfect :]

6000-6001-2686

(Note updating tonight during the meteor shower!)

I got sidetracked with Pokken tournament lol! I will do yours tonight before bed, lemme get some food first

Pokken tournament is awesome right? :] (I love my weavile) hihi sorry off-topic it's ok no rush I got my town updated by a meteor shower btw;]

I love some criticism I know my town is great but I want it to be perfect :]

6000-6001-2686

(Note updating tonight during the meteor shower!)

I can already tell your town is gonna be amazing! The first house right by the plaza is such a good spooky house and everything is so well tailored. So many rooms will just be chock full of furniture to the brim, but by using negative space, new and different layouts, and showing restraint really is great and your creepy theme comes across perfectly! without just being the typical pumpkins and ish... the graveyard, piano room, and labyrinth being my favorites! The forest feel I think is best in this area as it adds to the creepiness, the blood splatter by the well is a nice touch too ;D

I'm guessing the area above that is winter? the house here is pretty awesome but Idk, feels like it could use some more personal touches to really drive your point home, like the cabin room seemed out of place, like an after thought.... yeah it could be maid quarters, but I think you're brilliant enough to come up with an even better royal addition. for the outside I really think you should landscape and plan out the cedar forests better.... I liked the hopeless feel the sporadic forest was for the spooky section, but here it seems more cumbersome to run through, and you can use the directive of the forests to even more highlight the PWPs and set ups here... like the cutout face thing, bonfire.... they just seem haphazardly thrown onto the landscape now! I don't like the "frozen lake" pattern thing, it doesn't really do it for me, I think it looks more like glass... I love the idea though

Springtime zone is gorgeous! the feel of the land is completely different so it hammers in your theme, the pattern is gorgeous Ive been using grass patterns in my town of Zephyr now and I want to do more with them lol (this was great for ideas). The school building is great, but maybe look at the wallpaper and carpet combos? I feel like there are better options for what you want to do.... The idea is great though, executed extremely well and I love putting in the spring time area. The kiddie room seems a little out of place, maybe do a library, quiet time study area?

Lol pirate dance/ club room? I don't know how you came up with that, but the idea/ concept/ execution is perfect and literally one of the best theme rooms I can think of. The TV in the mermaid room I think detracts from it.... you don't NEED a TV on vacation and eliminating it I think makes the room fine! however it gets a little too "furniture set-y" ya know? like I don't like to see rooms just full of a set, and i think you can come up with a super idea that incorporates lots of different furniture! that was the only room i could think of anything though. the outside of summer land is great! the only thing I can think of is maybe add some bamboo? you don't have any of that anywhere and it would enhance the tropical island look! Campsite island I love, shark head cut out I love!

overall 10/10 love the theme, it is flawlessly executed! Love the idea of having all four seasons in one town, when done correctly like this it almost feels like 4 separate towns! the stuff I wrote about is basically nitpicking and just my opinions! I know you would be able to fine tune things, just look through each house with a close eye and ask yourself? did I do everything I could to get my theme across?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Pokken tournament is awesome right? :] (I love my weavile) hihi sorry off-topic it's ok no rush I got my town updated by a meteor shower btw;]

I saw! adorable and I used Chandelure most of the day, little Weavile but I need to learn combos for him

Okay, wow. I'm working hard to make my digital copy my paradise so far, and so far it isn't the greatest, because I still need a lot more materials to fully complete my vision. There's still some unfinished rooms and a hell of a lot of landscaping to finish, and a hell of a lot of villagers to take out of certain areas,but...

But I'm very confident that by visiting Sinnoh, you'll see the vision of what I was going for in the first place. I'd love if you would share your critiques and thoughts on how I could improve this town!

6200-3580-1188

yes! thanks for posting you guys! will visit them hopefully tonight in between cycling

Okay, wow. I'm working hard to make my digital copy my paradise so far, and so far it isn't the greatest, because I still need a lot more materials to fully complete my vision. There's still some unfinished rooms and a hell of a lot of landscaping to finish, and a hell of a lot of villagers to take out of certain areas,but...

But I'm very confident that by visiting Sinnoh, you'll see the vision of what I was going for in the first place. I'd love if you would share your critiques and thoughts on how I could improve this town!

6200-3580-1188
I tried putting your DA in and it wasn't working.... so check it again and repost please!

Hey, you can check out my town, my DA is in my signature.

Charmelo
I started in Portmelo's house because I was just kinda in awe walking around at first lol! I love the restaurant theme and it is executed perfectly! the tables, the host, the little extra details thrown in, like the birdcage, mop, extinguisher, all just add to the reality and you hold great restraint in your design of the entire thing! by not expanding the bathrooms all the way to make it feel more small, like a real bathroom! the seafloor club in the basement was so cool, I would pay cover to hang out there... the only thing I can think to add is like an actual bar, as I would like to see what you come up with! Maybe you could do that on the top floor? because while stunning and I get it, rooftop lounge it just seems out of place.... like you eat or go to a club in the other two floors, but here you expect me to lay in a hammock or beach lounge chair? so my idea would be to make a rooftop bar, for people to hang out while waiting for a table or something.

Next up is the Reczone. I love the detail of Lava lamps greeting you at each door. You covered all bases for all types of people and yet still executing the idea perfectly. The only thing I can say is that a lot of the times your set-ups and floor spaces are too symmetrical and predictable. Everything is mirrored in almost all your rooms, but when you do branch out from this like the right cafeteria break room, it is quite refreshing.... omg your wii fit boards in front of the TVs for the gym was hilarious and amazing. Your pairing with music is actually really damn good. the workout room, basketball, and in portmelo too!

Serentiy's ground floor is absolutely stunning, so much restraint, perfect music, vibe and design! I don't even go to church, but its absolutely gorgeous! A sweet little note. But the other two rooms here shocked me in contrast.... but not in the best way. I guess the person who lives here is down on their luck, maybe a little poor and runs an orphanage too on the top floor? I hope thats the story you want to tell or you might need reconsidering the rooms. I don't understand the gyroids in the basement too... they detracted from the room and detracts from the whole "lived in" vibe that I love in your town!

SEM: I love your design layouts here! they are so interesting! putting the bed on the bottom of the room is something I never do.... but should def try after seeing this! This house portrays that livable theme and shows me your eye for style, you are showing me so much custom designs too that I didn't even know existed.... I need to custom design more things in my houses! I think someone who doesn't know animal crossing would look at your houses especially this one and be like why is this so amazing, but I appreciate all the hard work you did in styling these to a T! everything is truly superb and top-notch! please help me design my rooms lol!

The town layout in general is stunning! great patchwork and I feel like you only have a few path designs which is truly remarkable as I struggle with just ten path designs! (I never do multiple houses)... its so simplistic, yet chic and designed flawlessly! like I thought your trees were just kinda everywhere but then noticed the hexagonal pattern around all the intersections and even that was amazing to me! you slide seamlessly from area to area. My only real criticism is about the villagers.... they all seem like after thoughts, kidna something you are trying to hide, and not really incorporated into the town at all. yeah you use paths toward them, but it seemed like you just really like landscaping and designing, but the villagers got in your way! you could make your story even deeper by incorporating them and not just having them as garnishes for the main dish which is your town. But your town is absolutely stunning! I would be lying to say I'm not a little jealous and envious of it lol! thank you for sharing it and I implore anyone looking to make a real-world, lived in town to learn a thing from your layout, landscaping, and design.

Hey, you can check out my town, my DA is in my signature.

wow..this town, Charmelo, is stunning...and all the details put in decorating each house ...It was soo beautiful to visit!!!

I'd like some feedback on my town too. Its kinda new, started in february, put alot of work in it but I realize its still just the beginning ^^; DA in signature!

I appreciate the feedback and definitely understand some of the criticism brought up. I guess I kind of have an issue when it comes to symmetry, and get how too much of it gets boring, but I try to mix things up if I find a way that works.
I've actually contemplated making a bar in Portmelo, but I pretty much use upstairs to show off island items, lol. Maybe I'll try something new eventually. You're pretty spot on with Serenity's backstory, it's a church with a gyroid orphanage upstairs which is an aquatic theme (to fit my towns underlying nautical theme) and Serenity lives in the messy, cluttered basement, trying to get her life back together. The gyroids displayed are part of my favorite gyroid sets which includes 6 gyroids. 4 upstairs and the 2 in the basement.
I went with a grid layout for the paths for easy navigation so I guess the villagers really are just an afterthought when it comes to getting to their houses, but I don't mind off-roading, lol.

Once again, thanks for the great review :D

5200-6209-8662 That's mine :) thanks in advance :)

Forks!
First off I love your placing of everything! nicely spaced, villagers spread out, everything lined up, interesting layout! I always admire the usage of dropped items in towns especially cause it would bug me too much in my own town... and I like the use of it by the Plaza with the stumps, but by Re-tail it is not as pleasing with the mushrooms. Your path work is really good! I love the brown brick, maybe use the flower planter a little more in big open spaces, because its really adorable! Also I think it works very well to put PWPS surrounded by paths, but there are a bunch too that don't look as pleasing surrounded by pathways. For example, the Stone henge in the top left corner with the river path looks phenomenal, but running along the western path there just seemed like a lot of PWPs thrown on it, and felt like they were getting in the way rather than adding to your town. Maybe try spacing them out, framing them and just bringing the path over to them would work too! A lack of a path can be just as helpful as the path patterns themselves. Also the PWPs that don't fill up the spots they take up (like the circle topiary) kinda look weird when it is surrounded by paths, unnatural looking. I think you should take a walk through your town and really see the flow of everything.... I was running around and bumping into a lot of things! The path itself is gorgeous and this kinda stuff just takes away from it, so take a discerning eye and see if you understand what I'm saying.

Your houses are going to be fun, I can totally tell! just make sure you pick a concise theme and stick to it, finding unique and personal touches which I feel like you will have no problem doing. Just don't fall victim to thinking you should just place things closest to the walls. Your main home is quite adorable! Very girly and pink throughout! but again maybe take a discerning eye to everything and either fully commit to having striking differences that contrast in one room, or consider omitting them. For example... I like the pic display in the left room (although maybe use some tables?) but then you have the random flan table with cool globe and it just doesn't belong. I see what you were going for with mermaid room (adding ship, anchor, and others) but its not enough to make your statement. I think you could easily add more and make something totally unique though! The mushroom room was super adorable and unique, I like the wall of TVs and grain entrance. Downstairs was crazy good, but like why the metroid? Im ok with the huge moon, its trippy and I love it, but the metroid doesn't add anything. Same thing with Ice room

I think you should just really try to look at the details and how your town can be perceived to make the flow of it better and really hammer in your themes and what you are trying to do with each room/ area. I can tell yo uput in a lot of hard work, keep up the great tree/bush/etc. landscaping and you will have a tremendously beautiful town in no time!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not shying from anyone's critiques as well... anyone is more than welcome to visit Riften's DA in my sig! PM me a critique, though

Forks!
First off I love your placing of everything! nicely spaced, villagers spread out, everything lined up, interesting layout! I always admire the usage of dropped items in towns especially cause it would bug me too much in my own town... and I like the use of it by the Plaza with the stumps, but by Re-tail it is not as pleasing with the mushrooms. Your path work is really good! I love the brown brick, maybe use the flower planter a little more in big open spaces, because its really adorable! Also I think it works very well to put PWPS surrounded by paths, but there are a bunch too that don't look as pleasing surrounded by pathways. For example, the Stone henge in the top left corner with the river path looks phenomenal, but running along the western path there just seemed like a lot of PWPs thrown on it, and felt like they were getting in the way rather than adding to your town. Maybe try spacing them out, framing them and just bringing the path over to them would work too! A lack of a path can be just as helpful as the path patterns themselves. Also the PWPs that don't fill up the spots they take up (like the circle topiary) kinda look weird when it is surrounded by paths, unnatural looking. I think you should take a walk through your town and really see the flow of everything.... I was running around and bumping into a lot of things! The path itself is gorgeous and this kinda stuff just takes away from it, so take a discerning eye and see if you understand what I'm saying.

Your houses are going to be fun, I can totally tell! just make sure you pick a concise theme and stick to it, finding unique and personal touches which I feel like you will have no problem doing. Just don't fall victim to thinking you should just place things closest to the walls. Your main home is quite adorable! Very girly and pink throughout! but again maybe take a discerning eye to everything and either fully commit to having striking differences that contrast in one room, or consider omitting them. For example... I like the pic display in the left room (although maybe use some tables?) but then you have the random flan table with cool globe and it just doesn't belong. I see what you were going for with mermaid room (adding ship, anchor, and others) but its not enough to make your statement. I think you could easily add more and make something totally unique though! The mushroom room was super adorable and unique, I like the wall of TVs and grain entrance. Downstairs was crazy good, but like why the metroid? Im ok with the huge moon, its trippy and I love it, but the metroid doesn't add anything. Same thing with Ice room

I think you should just really try to look at the details and how your town can be perceived to make the flow of it better and really hammer in your themes and what you are trying to do with each room/ area. I can tell yo uput in a lot of hard work, keep up the great tree/bush/etc. landscaping and you will have a tremendously beautiful town in no time!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not shying from anyone's critiques as well... anyone is more than welcome to visit Riften's DA in my sig! PM me a critique, though

Thank you so much :) I'll definitely look into those things!!:)

Thanks so much for the critique :) The lumber jack is actually a ''snow white room'' but I lack room for patterns but if I do I am gonna make the dress of her :) other than that I keep my eyes open for things thanks very much (Sorry for late reply I am not very active here XD)

Caramel!
Your town is so fun! I love the candy path way and the way you mix them up is really nice! I think you know you need to coif it a little bit and really decide the direction you want to go in it. As well as get the PWPs that you want.

For your main house I'm town whether I like the main room or not. I love your interesting furniture arrangement, but the lack of focus detracts from the overall feel! Plus I hate the warbloids lol... You are gonna have to pick one or two ways to go with it and move from there. Like in your kitchen room! Its really charming, another interesting set-up! I love your eye for arranging furniture! Your back room has just needs a little editing and maybe a better carpet? and it will be yet another fun and interesting room! Lol your laundry room made me laugh! I love that! Lots of people store clothes in rooms, but I like that yo made it feel like an actual, lived-in room

- - - Post Merge - - -

whoops, post merging, didn't mean to send that

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also really like the upstairs! you have a cool spin on a spa room going on!

Your trees just seem haphazardly scattered that way, so I recommend coming up with a pattern to make the town flow better! Just watch out for being repetitive when using the same PWPs. But you have the makings of a great and quirky dessert/ sweets theme town! Take a nice editing eye to everything you do, don't try to do too much all at once, and it will be great in no time

Caramel!
Your town is so fun! I love the candy path way and the way you mix them up is really nice! I think you know you need to coif it a little bit and really decide the direction you want to go in it. As well as get the PWPs that you want.

For your main house I'm town whether I like the main room or not. I love your interesting furniture arrangement, but the lack of focus detracts from the overall feel! Plus I hate the warbloids lol... You are gonna have to pick one or two ways to go with it and move from there. Like in your kitchen room! Its really charming, another interesting set-up! I love your eye for arranging furniture! Your back room has just needs a little editing and maybe a better carpet? and it will be yet another fun and interesting room! Lol your laundry room made me laugh! I love that! Lots of people store clothes in rooms, but I like that yo made it feel like an actual, lived-in room

- - - Post Merge - - -

whoops, post merging, didn't mean to send that

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also really like the upstairs! you have a cool spin on a spa room going on!

Your trees just seem haphazardly scattered that way, so I recommend coming up with a pattern to make the town flow better! Just watch out for being repetitive when using the same PWPs. But you have the makings of a great and quirky dessert/ sweets theme town! Take a nice editing eye to everything you do, don't try to do too much all at once, and it will be great in no time

Thank you so much for this review! I feel kinda overwhelmed when I look at my town, but with your help now I finally have the right idea on what to fix, what are the weak points of my village and I'll start from there! It will take time to make it beautifully perfect like other people's towns, but atleast I know what I need to do now:) I'm happy that you appreciated the fun and playful feeling that I wanted to give to caramel, and yes I realize my decorating can be alittle "too much" at times. Too much stuff in that living room and not enough space :eek: haha that gyroid is so cute looking, but yes the sound it makes is kinda bad lol

Tonight I'll visit your town!

Last edited:
Back