Saddam To Be Hanged In Hours

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein could be hanged within hours, a senior Iraqi source told Reuters on Friday after Saddam's lawyer said U.S. forces had handed over the former president to Iraqi authorities for execution. U.S. officials, however, insisted that the 69-year-old ousted dictator was still in American hands.

You know, I can't help but feeling sad for him, especially after reading his letter to the people... Here's a part of it.

"Remember that God has enabled you to become an example of love, forgiveness and brotherly coexistence ...

I call on you not to hate because hate does not leave a space for a person to be fair and it makes you blind and closes all doors of thinking and keeps away one from balanced thinking and making the right choice ...

I also call on you not to hate the peoples of the other countries that attacked us and differentiate between the decision-makers and people ..."

Even though he should've understood this a while ago, it's nice to know that at least he understands now... After that kind of a letter, it will be hard for the Iraqi present to approve the hanging...

Wow...I had no idea it was gonna' come down to a hanging...

:unsure:

Then again, he did some BAD stuff...

Gengar said:

Once again, I feel the need to address something I've grown to become against of... "Eye for an eye". Yes, he deserves punishment for all that he's done, but aren't we exactly the same as he is? We haven't killed as many people as he has, but we will still have blood on our hands.

Bulerias said:
Gengar said:

Once again, I feel the need to address something I've grown to become against of... "Eye for an eye". Yes, he deserves punishment for all that he's done, but aren't we exactly the same as he is? We haven't killed as many people as he has, but we will still have blood on our hands.
I do agree with you, there...Too bad not everyone thinks that way.

I heard that on the news. But why hanging him? hey could just poison him or something else. xD

It isn't always what you do but why you do it.

The whole thing is wrong even from my perspective so I'm staying out of it.

Bulerias said:
Gengar said:

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind," after all.

But I'm very unsure about your view that we haven't killed as many people as him, unless you count the total casualties from both sides of the Iran-Iraq War, there is no way that he killed as many people as what have been slaughtered since 2003.

But all this aside, the media has a real hard-on for death over this. I can only imagine how the tabloids are tackling the issue...

Bulerias said:
Gengar said:

In the end, how much blood is spilled is nothing compared too what was accomplished from it.

Ehh...never was a big fan of the death penalty. But yeah, if we didn't do that, I'd rather they be in prison for life, with none of the cushy stuff (AC, Tv, Wiis). You're there paying for crimes, not staying for a vacation.

:p

Minoranza said:
Bulerias said:
Gengar said:

In the end, how much blood is spilled is nothing compared too what was accomplished from it.
Accomplished? What's being accomplished? Civil war will break out in Iraq, therefore worsening the conflict there.

Minoranza said:
AG-8.jpg

Hostage_kim.jpg

ImprovisedProjectileImpact-2.jpg

Tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands dead...
A state of civil war...
Massive examples of religious fanaticism...
A puppet government with little real power...
... an accomplishment? Nay, an unmitigated disaster, more like.

Well, it's happened. According to news reports, President Hussein has been killed.

An irrelevant development that will do nothing to quell the civil war.

Back