Yellow Candy
New Horizons Token
Spring Sakura
Isabelle
Leif
January Birthstone (Garnet)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
う
What are some general rules/etiquette of visiting another person's village?

No running near flowers
No digging up items that are buried
No erasing placed tiles
no stealing items

pretty much dont trash the town

Don't steal.
Don't run over flowers.
Don't run in general.
Don't take anything without asking.
Don't buy anything without asking.
Don't litter.
Don't steal.

And, don't steal. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Some town threads will also post their own rules as well

In general, try to stay on paths if they have them.
Don't take fruit, run, cut down trees, etc
If you don't have permission from the host.
Be respectful and nice in general and it's fine
:)
Oh yeah and don't steal!

Oh, I read on a forum somewhere that you aren't supposed to talk to another person's villagers, but that doesn't make much sense to me... D:

Is that more a person to person thing?

Yeah. Sometimes, people think if you talk to another villager and they decide to move, they'll go to your town or something. I don't know.

That is person to person.

Example: Here are the rules from my thread

Do:
Have fun
Explore
Visit my house
Talk to the villagers
Shake some trees
Pick any fruit you like
Shop

Do Not:
Do not run near flowers
Do not dig up any buried items
Do not pick rare mushrooms
Do not pick clovers
Do not pick flowers
Do not leave trash behind

That is person to person.

Example: Here are the rules from my thread

Do:
Have fun
Explore
Visit my house
Talk to the villagers
Shake some trees
Pick any fruit you like
Shop

Do Not:
Do not run near flowers
Do not dig up any buried items
Do not pick rare mushrooms
Do not pick clovers
Do not pick flowers
Do not leave trash behind

These seem reasonable. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah. Sometimes, people think if you talk to another villager and they decide to move, they'll go to your town or something. I don't know.

I've heard this before, but I've also heard people say that they think it's annoying when a villager talks about you.

I think the biggest two is don't take stuff on the ground and don't run. When I was a newbie years ago on City Folk, when I visited other people's town, I thought anything on the ground was a "gift" to take. It wasn't until I developed my own town and played for a while that I realized that sometimes you need to just have stuff everywhere as you organize. I was fortunate I ran into some very gracious and nice people in the beginning who brought me up to speed on online etiquette.

Another one is running. When you are new, it's difficult to realize how much running erodes grass and how it may destroy flowers. And you are too new to realize some colors are hybrids! So I would say those are the biggest two.

Unless you talk to a villager that is in boxes, they will not move to your town

Another I'd like to add is to stay near the train station, and always notify the mayor where you are going, if necessary. :)

Use common courtesy. Don't just bust through the gate and head for the shops. You allegedly came to visit. At least take the time to be courteous; greet your host, ask for permissions, inquire about their rules... Use common sense, but above that, exhibit common DECENCY! =}

I have a question. Can you bury items when you visit someone elses village in New Leaf? What if I wanted to leave gifts like bags of bells, or rare furniture just for fun? If so, would it be considered improper to bury something in a strangers village?

Back