Rules Update January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how this new rule applies to political discussions. Also, does this apply to blogs too?

Recently, I made a post in the General Discussion linking to one of my older blog entries and had a few points I didn’t add there, but should’ve added. I don’t know if that would be in violation of the new rule.

I think your posts are fine as long as you're not making them to be just negative and/or to make other users mad/retaliate.
There's always a way to state that you're unhappy with something without being negative to the point where it makes others feel uncomfortable, and that's essentially what we want to avoid.

Last edited:
I wonder how this new rule applies to political discussions. Also, does this apply to blogs too?

Recently, I made a post in the General Discussion linking to one of my older blog entries and had a few points I didn’t add there, but should’ve added. I don’t know if that would be in violation of the new rule.

In general, negativity and even pessimism is fine, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. A normally levelheaded member getting into a heated debate or getting passionate about something isn't what this rule is meant to address. It's the over-the-top reactions and excessive, relentless negativity that can make an uncomfortable environment.

These are good rules to set into stone! I feel like all of these should be obvious, but people really like to find work-arounds, like with the farming bells thing and the bumpin' rule.

In general, negativity and even pessimism is fine, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. A normally levelheaded member getting into a heated debate or getting passionate about something isn't what this rule is meant to address. It's the over-the-top reactions and excessive, relentless negativity that can make an uncomfortable environment.

Yeah, fair enough. And I would assume as long as one make it into a topic for mature discussion and not just posting extreme views just to get flame wars etc. would be the case too if I got it right.

Anyway good clarifications by staff and good adds now that I got my answers so hope it'll continue to be a good palce :)

I have a question. Do you have the original set of rules back when the Rules and Guidelines were created in 2013? What about the rules from the beginning of 2015? The reason why is because I want to see how much the rules have changed over time.

I have a question. Do you have the original set of rules back when the Rules and Guidelines were created in 2013? What about the rules from the beginning of 2015? The reason why is because I want to see how much the rules have changed over time.

I miss the special rights for the auctions lol

Excellent! I'm glad mini-moderating has been addressed, too. :D

I still think they should simply write "do not reply" rather than "it can be confusing" because it indirectly calls to that you can do it in some way, but yeah.

I've gotten so many mini-modding warnings/infractions that tbh I'm surprised the clarification wasn't put in until now

I still find them dumb and unnecessary personally, but bleh

Last edited:
I've gotten so many mini-modding warnings/infractions that tbh I'm surprised the clarification wasn't put in until now

Yeah idk if I got a warning but yeah def been told off. Yeah they are dumb so that's why I widh they'd simply write out "don't reply ause we give out warnings" rather than the obviously confusing one. sorry for ranting but people might either a) get confused and reply or b) reply bc they want to help badly

I've gotten one mini modding warning during the Halloween event because I tried explaining how to upload images from Imgur :p then seliph made a thread for that and it was fine...

Yeah I think that like 90% of all the warnings and infractions I've gotten were from mini-modding. It needs to explicitly say DO NOT REPLY so that people know 100% that they should not reply and should instead report.

I've gotten one mini modding warning during the Halloween event because I tried explaining how to upload images from Imgur :p then seliph made a thread for that and it was fine...

Excuse me what the actual ****... that is just messed up modding.

That shouldn't be modding though, I don't see how that was against the rules to explain that, not a lot of people know how to.

They said it was the way I did it made people uncomfortable so I guess it was my fault

They said it was the way I did it made people uncomfortable so I guess it was my fault

I just checked your warning and it could have actually been categorized as a rude behavior warning more than a mini-modding one for the reason you mentioned. Either way, it's fine to disagree with your warning, but calling out others by name isn't necessary.

i don't know what you said but maybe it was because i made sure to explicitly state that i wasn't a mod and that i was just making a collection of quoted/linked back staff replies. i also asked a mod before making the thread.

aaa sniped by jeremy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back