• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Rules Update January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, it's fine to disagree with your warning, but calling out others by name isn't necessary.

I just know at the time seeing Seliph's thread made me a little annoyed. I'm not angry at Seliph or anything so I apologize to Seliph if Ive offended him

- - - Post Merge - - -

i don't know what you said but maybe it was because i made sure to explicitly state that i wasn't a mod and that i was just making a collection of quoted/linked back staff replies. i also asked a mod before making the thread.

aaa sniped by jeremy

Well imgur isn't exactly this sites property so explaining it should be perfectly reasonable for anyone. From what Jeremy said, it was the "way I said it" :p

Well imgur isn't exactly this sites property so explaining it should be perfectly reasonable for anyone. From what Jeremy said, it was the "way I said it" :p

i was just guessing why my thread was okay to make, jeremy's post wasn't there when i was typing

god, you don't know how glad i am about that constant negativity rule. thanks for all those other rules too. very cool!

In general, negativity and even pessimism is fine, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. A normally levelheaded member getting into a heated debate or getting passionate about something isn't what this rule is meant to address. It's the over-the-top reactions and excessive, relentless negativity that can make an uncomfortable environment.

Thank you for the clarification. I was reading on other threads that negativity was now against the rules and I thought for a second that BTF would go down the hill of becoming:
since negativity can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Glad to know you can still have opposing views and discussions.

Now that I have a better understanding of the rule, I agree that posts like "People who like (X) should die" is highly unnecessary and add nothing to an argument.

Last edited:
GOD I'm so glad I haven't been posting recently otherwise I'd think the negativity rule was aimed at me

The new rules are good! Thanks ❤️
Negativity can be hurtful and tear down ... better to express viewpoints without causing hurt ... text messages can easily be misinterpreted and imply wrong meaning and who wants to hurt or be hurt!?
I admit to being guilty of unintentional hurtful words in the past once or twice, so I apologize for that ... I ❤️ you all!
5226.gif

Does this include threads in The Basement?

I think so, but I think the rule was implemented to prevent people from farming TBT Bells illegitimately. I remember a big case of it a long time ago, but that’s in the past, and it wasn’t done in the Basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back