• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Rule Complaint

Irelia

please dont vote for kanye
Bells
Island
Alola
New Horizons Token
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Father's Day Carnation
Father's Day Carnation
Hi there! i don't mean for this thread to be disrespectful, overly critical, my only aim is to share my thoughts so that people in charge can see.

This rule states:
While we cannot manage every single post of an offer being made with these inflated prices, we ask that users respect our Forum rules and do not make buying/selling threads advertising these duped items or buy goods at inflated prices. These types of threads will be removed. It is also recommended that users do not accept offers that seem like they could be bells gained from the exploit in order to reduce the bell inflation during these early stages of the game and make it fair for the whole community. If you notice a trade that seems unfair, please report the thread or post.

I understand the intent of this rule since dupers practically ruined the market. However, today I got flagged for offering 3.5 million bells for a VERY sought out villager.
I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but turnips are VERY profitable. All it takes is stocking up your inventory full of turnips, and finding someone with nooks selling higher than 400. You can EASILY make millions if you do the process right. It's legitimate, not duping, and part of the game.

I get that people are frustrated with the dupers. But you can't just set a bar for how much people want to offer for the things they want? Some people work hard and save for what they want in the game, and banning them for offering and attempting to reach their goals is a little bit off to me. Sure if someone's offering like 20 million for something small, then be skeptical, but understand that anything below 10m is not hard to acquire. Especially if you're in the discord where trading virtually happens 24/7 and VERY rapidly.

Would like to hear thoughts from others. Thanks!

Last edited:
I think your argument is very fair, if you made the millions selling turnips I don't see why they're not allowing you buy a villager for that price. Honestly just pm the person lol

I get that people are frustrated with the dupers. But you can't just set a bar for how much people want to offer for the things they want? Some people work hard and save for what they want in the game, and banning them for offering and attempting to reach their goals is a little bit off to me. Sure if someone's offering like 20 million for something small, then be skeptical, but understand that anything below 10m is not hard to acquire. Especially if you're in the discord where trading virtually happens 24/7 and VERY rapidly.

Would like to hear thoughts from others. Thanks!

I'd honestly agree.

3.5 million bells equals approximately 12 "crafted" islands of tarantulas. Not even tarantula islands that are intended that way, tarantula islands that are intentionally made and crafted. That's a small price to pay for a permanent, specific member of your village out of, what, over 300 options available in this game?

Last edited:
Completely agree with you! Its super easy to make that amount of bells if you're in the discord! I'm in it, but its also alot of work with all the waiting and going through users, picking up bells or turnips and such.

I'd honestly agree.

3.5 million bells equals approximately 12 "crafted" islands of tarantulas. Not even tarantula islands that are intended that way, tarantula islands that are intentionally made and crafted. That's a small price to pay for a permanent, specific member of your village out of, what, over 300 options available in this game?

permanent? villagers can't leave without you allowing it? I thought even if you asked them to stay there was a chance they'd say no they're leaving, that's how it was in new leaf.

Due to the recent duplication glitch that just got patched this is why there are certain limits early on in the game. Plus with the game only being out for a week now it’s not very likely many players will have that much bells (not saying you did not earn them fairly but if a lot of people were making offers for millions of bells there would probably be some cheating going on).

Last edited:
Turnips aren't even the only way you can already earn a lot of bells if you play your cards right. Your post shouldn't have gotten flagged because of the popularity of a (I assume) new villager. It was a reasonable offer, especially if it was a new villager that doesn't have an amiibo card yet.

Due to the recent duplication glitch that just got patched this is why there are certain limits early on in the game. Plus with the game only being out for a week now it’s not very likely many players will have that much bells (not saying you did not earn them fairly but if a lot of people were making offers for millions of bells there would probably be some cheating going on).

Having a limit is fair, but I think the bar for that limit is kind of unfair considering the value of certain villagers.
I think you're underestimating how easy/fast it is to earn bells. Yes, doing fishing/bug catching/whatever is slow, but turnips are a very profitable process and so is island grinding.

Having a witchhunt and blatantly accusing people of cheating isn't the way to go.
i apologize for going full karen, this is just really unfair lol

I missed the window for turnips this first week, and I've still earned well over 1 million bells so far.

I think the admins were wise to try and curb a potential price-inflation problem before it began, but for one it's patched now and two you're right that there are several very popular new villagers that can only be obtained by trading with others who were lucky enough to get them. Hopefully the new tier list that's being worked on will help the admins to reconsider what is a valid price for those popular villagers, and what isn't.

Nah I'm fine with the rule, even with the reasons you've stated, despite how I too have made a good deal of bells with turnips and lucking out with a friend.

This, in combination with tarantula island and taking advantage of Flick, can lead to a large amount of bells. Not only that but even if we've banned duping and things that look like offering of an exorbitant amount bells was made from duping crowns, those bells are lurking in the shadows of the overall economy of New Horizons. Yes, people could start selling Raymond or Audie for upwards of 10 million bells and you'd regularly have folks buying them for that much. That's what they're saving towards with the methods I mentioned above as well as the duping methods.

However, not everyone plays this game with the luck of having a friend that has amazing turnip prices and patience for you to take trips back and forth. Not everyone knows how to make any island tarantula island or maybe even has arachnophobia or something.

And so they are just accumulating bells naturally and with hard work in other ways and that's not going to make them as rich as many people already are. And yet if we force people to sell villagers like Raymond or Audie for less than three million they'll just sell them on reddit or elsewhere instead of here. And honestly? Yeah, that's fine, for now. However staff needs to gradually allow an increase down the road by the time it's mid May I'd say. But for now I understand why they stand where they do and think it's valid.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean I'm aaaalmost on the side of OP here but I think another reason why it's okay for it to take time is because it encourages time spent with villagers people have and I think that would have an interesting way of changing what the tiers will look like when villager trading gets booming again. It'll never be at the level it once was because of cards, but I think there will still be an economy involved with it.

Last edited:
Back