• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Returning after some time away.

smonikkims

Bells
Lucky
Jack
Lobo
Isabelle
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Blue Hybrid Rose
Mint
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Hi all. Not actually sure why I left all that time ago; I'd fully intended to be a big part of the community when NH came out, but for some reason just never rejoined even though I have been playing. I suppose perhaps because I'd been saving TBT in anticipation to be a big trader when the hype was highest, but then saw that NMT became the go-to currency? Could be part of it. I suppose, also, NH didn't end up being the game I thought it would be. Not necessarily in all the worst ways, but it became much more of a mainstream success than I was expecting, or perhaps hoping, and it changed the atmosphere that I was expecting after New Leaf within the community. I really regret not being a part of that community in its youth. I'm starting to get similar vibes now that things have calmed down, though, so I may or may not be back.

My NH island is called Mailbox and I would love to fully complete the catalogue, and with the way the game is, trading will be absolutely necessary. So here's hoping! Glad to see you all.

Welcome back! And I agree, I was very disappointed and I kinda regret getting it from start now that I know their update approach they are pulling ETC. but yeah wish I got NL on release back in the day ;3

Welcome back to TBT! I remember you, haha. New Horizons isn’t my favorite in the series, but I sure do enjoy it.

Welcome back! I take breaks every now and again too as I feel sometimes it's needed :)

Welcome back! It’s alright to take a break if it’s necessary, even when it isn’t! I hope you enjoy your time back here on this lovely site~ :3

Welcome.gif
BACK*

Welcome back to TBT! I remember you, haha. New Horizons isn’t my favorite in the series, but I sure do enjoy it.
I’ve been emulating the original and I think it’s my favorite... it came out the year I was born lol.. also yes op welcome back I just recently came back as well.

also, NH didn't end up being the game I thought it would be. Not necessarily in all the worst ways, but it became much more of a mainstream success than I was expecting, or perhaps hoping, and it changed the atmosphere that I was expecting after New Leaf within the community.
I agree with this, and it's mainly why I've stayed away from the mainstream NH community. the main thing I love about AC is the cozy and secluded vibe it gives, and when I'm exposed to an entire community of active people who buy/sell/trade/hang out all the time it just gets too overwhelming. I do play with friends sometimes but for the most part I just play alone.

also glad to see you're back! I was also wondering why you had left for so long lol. missed seeing you around.

Welcome back! It looks like the mainstream hype is dying down a little and the community is starting to look more like the one we were used to, so you picked a good time to return.

Also good news: NMT aren't worth all that much anymore and I think I've seen more and more people trade with TBT instead :)

Thanks for all the welcomes guys. I'm surprised I wasn't totally forgotten, it has been a very long time!
I've already had so much success with trading and giveaways, and I'm also really glad to have chosen this time to return. Thanks for having me!

Back