• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Restarting VS Selling Your Town

Restarting or Selling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mayor Monday

Bells
Arcade Tokens
What's your opinion? Do you like starting over completely anew, or do you prefer keeping some of the labor (bells, furniture, PWPs, etc) from your previous town?

I've never restarted, but when I had my town I went through the evaluation process to see what my town was worth.

If I was going to do anything, I would have opted for selling my town, and taking my catalogue with me.

I definitely would sell my town.
Even though I never get really far in New Leaf, the times when I get to sell my town it makes it so much easier for me to get into the game than just completely starting over since i'm very impatient on getting my town started.

I would sell my town, simply because it's nice to have some bells and a sort of full catalog available right from the start. Besides, if I unlocked a few PWPs in my old town which I would like to use in my new one, I don't have to painfully wait till my villagers suggest those again, but have them instead already available, which is very helpful later on in my opinion.

I've never restarted, but if I did, I think I might opt to sell my town. I wouldn't do that on my first play-through because I do enjoy the challenge of earning everything. But if I'm restarting and I've already gone through the lengthy process of unlocking PWPs and filling in my catalog, I can see where it'd be nice to take those things with me. I'd do it more for that purpose than the money because money is so easy to earn in this game.

I would sell it. It would save a lot of unnecessary time spent island farming.

I would rather sell than restart. The only reason I’d want to restart the town is when I want to start a new landscaping project so it’s necessary that I have all my PWPs ready as soon as I get my permit! Getting requests for PWPs is one of the most tedious things ever. If you already have villagers in mind that you want to invite into your town and you are missing a personality, it’s even harder to get what you want. Item catalogues are easy to obtain, but PWPs aren’t. Selling also honours your hard work in a way, especially if it was a really old and well developed town.

When I reset my town I sold it. I had it for 5 years and STILL didn't have all the PWP I wanted for both the town before and after I reset it. I just got that last PWP last night! It takes soooo long getting PWP even using the diving trick, so for that reason alone I'd recommend you sell your town.

i would absolutely sell for the pwps. it would be a pain to have to get them back and i haven't even gotten them all. restarting that would be an absolute nightmare,,,

I sell my town lol. I work so hard building everything up it’s nice to at least get some bells back.

I would sell my town because I wouldn't want to have to redo unlocking the pwps that I already had unlocked since it takes so long to get villagers to suggest them.

I see that selling is far more popular than just restarting.

I actually just restarted. I didn't want to sell- I needed a completely clean slate. It's actually pretty fun!

I think the idea of creating a new town while keeping a portion of your achievements and earnings is really brilliant. I created new towns a lot with New Leaf and while I want to get out of that habit, if done well restarting your town without loss is a great idea to keep the game fresh for years to come... just think about being able to move to a new island in New Horizons while being able keep your stuff and take some villagers with you. It works well for New Horzions, the selling in New Leaf was a great addition imo.

honestly i would choose to sell my town. i mean, i earned the bells so why not use them?
i would also get my catalog, if i had a lot of items in there.

I would rather sell my town than restart from scratch. (If I were to pick from one of the two.) At least I'd get some bells back for all the effort I put into building up my town and unlocking items. But, honestly, I couldn't see myself restarting at all, though and going through the hell of unlocking every single Public Work Project again and choosing the right map layout that also has my favorite native fruit. Nope, nope, nope for me. Even when I regret the names I chose for my towns I just couldn't do it.

I don't know if I'll ever start over, and I highly doubt I will, but if I do I'll sell to Nook. I can't stand having a half-empty catalogue.

i usually just restart my town completely since the games i had restarted were never that developed, anyway lol

Back