• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Resetting. Is it worth it?

Aali

ACNL still rules me
Bells
Lump of Coal
Jingle Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
UGGGGGGGGGGGG
I've been playing Super Mario Sunshine and it dawned on me that Delfino would be an amazing town name since I quickly named my town a year ago so I could start playing.

I also hate where I placed my cafe and tent cause they are in terrible spots.

But on the other hand I have nearly half of my dreamies and I might die without Moe. (Also Marshal was a 5 month battle to get)

Plus I have a ton of items and money and such and idk if I wanna leave that in someone elses town.

So should I restart?

Last edited:
heck no you have some super good tier villagers! like lucky and (my favorite) Fang!

That's true and like I said I might die without Moe he is the only villager with best friend status so far. (Plus my bday is coming up so he'll probably throw me a party)

Maybe wait until after your birthday and see if you're still considering starting over?

Also, Marshal isn't too hard to get if you're willing to do some resetting. The way I did it was, I got my starters and then reset on each new move-in so they'd be a non-smug. That way, the third move-in would definitely be a smug. Then on the next move-in day, I just reset until I got Marshal. Easy-peasy, and way less of a pain than campsite resetting or trying to get him online.

You can always get your dreamies back. I say reset it, but only because you hate where the permanent PWPs are. I would think about the name a bit more though. I named my very first town on a whim and I hated it after a week and deleted it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I could hold your items and money in my first town btw. I've already done it for someone else c: Ask the user pepperini on here for confirmation lmao

You will not die without Moe. :rolleyes: Resetting is worth it if you hate your map, hate where you've placed permanent PWPs, and/or have "completed" your town and you want a fresh start. When you're unsure, like you are, it's best not to make a rash decision. Think about it a while longer. If you decide you want a new town and you know there will be no regrets, that's the time to do it.

I say reset, you can always get holders for your villagers and your stuff. Permanent PWP placement can never be changed, so I'd think you should reset if you hate those placements and your town name that much.

It really depends on how you feel. If everybody else says reset but you REALLY don't want to, then, well...the decision is more up to you, don'tcha think?

I think resetting would be worth it! Especially since you don't like where you put your cafe and campsite. The placement may start to eat at you more and more as time goes on. If you're really that concerned about your villagers, have someone you can trust hold your villagers for you.

Hmmm, the thing is, would you like the new name still in a year? But I say, if the permanent PWPs are bothering you, they will always bother you.

If you're unhappy with your town to the point it makes you want to stop playing, then resetting is always worth it. Villagers can be replaced.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I knew a family with the last name Delfino, on a semi-related note. That town name would make me think of them haha

Thank you everyone. I think I'm going to keep my town how it is until after Xmas.

if you dont like yor town you should make a new one you could get someone from here to hold your villages and stuff

I don't know you but from context clues I can tell that you have a lot of cool stuff, but change is a good thing to embrace. You reset your town, and you've got a new chance to earn all of that stuff all over again, plus, if you have only one save file for a long time, it'll eventually become boring. In Skyrim I used to play as a female argonian: I made a new save file so that I could take a different path and become a male orc. Of course, resetting is all your choice so

Back