• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Reporting bad visitors ruining towns?

Bioness

Mass Hysteria
Bells
Switch
6883-5142-2421
Tasty Cake
New Horizons Token
Winter Mittens
Red Cosmos
Hello, I recently had a bad experience with two people who decided to hijack a dodo code I posted for a trade. The issue is I can only see their Switch information and not Animal Crossing information.

These two were "SanSan", dressed as the Flash, and another named "Ms La", in the egg dress. They both rushed my town and started taking my fruits and picking my hybrid flowers. It seems they were working together. I have since blocked them on my Switch, but wanted to know if there was more I can do.

They had to have been members of the forums or lurkers.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry this happened!

The best you can do is report their switch accounts. This is why you don't give the best friend option to everyone. :(

There's no way to tell who they were on TBT, sadly unless someone adds their FCs and recognizes them. Sending their FCs to the TBT moderators may be a good idea and maybe they can get to the bottom of it.

I'm sorry that this happened!

I tend to give my dodo codes in private since people can easily hijack them and come to your town. Orville even warns you before opening the gates up to everyone that there is a chance you'll get unwanted villagers.

I'm so sorry this happened!

The best you can do is report their switch accounts. This is why you don't give the best friend option to everyone. :(

There's no way to tell who they were on TBT, sadly unless someone adds their FCs and recognizes them. Sending their FCs to the TBT moderators may be a good idea and maybe they can get to the bottom of it.

They weren't best friends, just people who hoped on my dodo code. really the annoying thing is taking my fruits and hybrid flowers as that now sets me back several days (can they even plant picked flowers?).

I'm sorry that this happened!

I tend to give my dodo codes in private since people can easily hijack them and come to your town. Orville even warns you before opening the gates up to everyone that there is a chance you'll get unwanted villagers.

Yeah, I'll have to be careful from now on.

They can't, but this is why you always PM dodo codes. I know it sucks, and people shouldn't do it, but it's really a risk you take when you put them out there publicly.

They cant plant picked flowers unless they uproot them which is impossible if they dont have you as a best friend. So the good news is they will grow back at least in a couple days.

What fruit did you need? A lot of us here have all the fruits so if you need something specific I'm sure someone will be kind enough to offer you some! I would but I'm unable to play atm

They weren't best friends, just people who hoped on my dodo code. really the annoying thing is taking my fruits and hybrid flowers as that now sets me back several days (can they even plant picked flowers?).
They can't plant picked flowers, but the good news is that, so long as the stalks for those hybrids are still in your town, those hybrids should grow back in two days time.

Also, I'm really sorry for hear this happened to you! I had my own similar experience with this today where someone arrived via a publicly shared dodo code and tried to steal my non-native fruit that I have in very limited supply.

They can't plant picked flowers at all. I honestly don't know why they took them. Your flowers will be back in two days.
I thought you had best friended them. Just be glad there was no furniture out there. I always make sure people follow me.

I've even had a situation where I was sent a dodo code via DM and a complete stranger got in, almost getting me blamed for it. It's still possible to punch in random dodo codes and steal from people.

luckily the hybrids and fruit will grow back so there shouldn’t be any permanent damage.
I could maybe understand the fruit thing to a degree as they will grow back but they should still of asked you first.

the flowers they stole will grow again but all they can use them for is a decoration so I definitely think they were just trying to annoy you.

also definitely only pm dodo codes you never know who is lurking around.

Oh gosh I'm so sorry that happened! There's always gonna be those jerks who wanna ruin everyone's fun and you unfortunately ran into some. I'd say take Sir Takoya's advice and send their fcs to the mods so they can find out who they are if possible so they can't do the same to others.

Again I'm so sorry that this happened to you! What fruits did they take? I have peaches (native), some oranges, and apples if that'll help. I can only give you 1 of the apples and oranges though.

Edit:
Wait those grow back oops. Still if there's anything I can do to help let me know!

Thank you, everyone for the responses!

They cant plant picked flowers unless they uproot them which is impossible if they dont have you as a best friend. So the good news is they will grow back at least in a couple days.

What fruit did you need? A lot of us here have all the fruits so if you need something specific I'm sure someone will be kind enough to offer you some! I would but I'm unable to play atm

I'm good on fruit, I had some stocked up. I exited the game before they were able to do too much. I think I should have just put my switch to sleep, but I didn't want to lose progress for other stuff.

I think that Nintendo, especially when it comes to decorations, should really lock that stuff down. If it's "placed" in town, you shouldn't be able to take it (Can you even? I can't say I ever tried?). Stuff that's just dropped on the ground is different, as people use that to trade items and whatnot.

I'm good on fruit, I had some stocked up. I exited the game before they were able to do too much. I think I should have just put my switch to sleep, but I didn't want to lose progress for other stuff.

sleep should allow you to keep your progress, I use it all the time and never lose progress unless I closed the application.

I think that Nintendo, especially when it comes to decorations, should really lock that stuff down. If it's "placed" in town, you shouldn't be able to take it (Can you even? I can't say I ever tried?). Stuff that's just dropped on the ground is different, as people use that to trade items and whatnot.

Ok this I agree with a ton. If Nintendo was gonna make decorations for outside they should've made a way for them to not be picked up during online stuff. That's really nerve wracking and I am definitely only letting one person at a time on my island.

You can't stuff that's placed down. I've tested it with a friend. You can't even pick up your own furniture when a friend's over.

I'm sorry this happened to you! That's so rude!! D: Luckily they can't plant the flowers they picked and your hybrids should grow back in a few days ^^
Things that are placed in your town can't be picked up by other players! if they could.. omg that would be madness. All the people who worked so hard to craft decorations for their island would have to be super careful when letting people in.

The game is regularly auto-saving so you wouldn't have lost much progress.

As useful as the Dodo Code system can be, the fact that it's sort of a public access system, if you will, is a problem. In late 2018/early 2019 I PMed a user on here and we set up a trade in Pokemon Let's Go. I made the code and PMed it to her. I got a trade partner who was a completely different person.

I called Nintendo to complain and they had the nerve to SHAME me "Well you should've made a complicated code." What these "innovative, creative geniuses" at Nintendo's main headquarters didn't take into account when designing that system was that some trolls and undesirsbles MIGHT spend their time online typing in random codes to see if they gain access to something.

Honestly, unless users have a high wi-fi rating on here or unless they're people you know personally, you should always PM Dodo codes or strictly stick to people on your friends list. I honestly feel Nintendo needs to stop these public access online code systems to prevent situations like this from happening to begin with. But that's just my opinion.

Again, I think the system can be useful...I mean I was able to sell my turnips for a higher profit then my town was offering but at the same time, I know the system has flaws and issues that can only be addressed by making multiplayer a Friend List Only situation as well.

Sorry this happened to you! I don't understand people who entertain themselves by "trolling" in Animal Crossing. What I've done is fence in the area around my airport's dock for trading, since I don't have any desire to let people roam my town when we trade anyway. Of course, you have to make sure you're inside the fenced area before the person arrives to trade, as you can't move outdoor furniture with someone on your island.

Back