• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Remastering games for the Switch

GhulehGirl

Ghuleh Gamer Girl
Bells
Switch
6283-5908-5204
Winter Mittens
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Mailbox
Cake
I don't know if this has been asked before (i apologize if it has) but if you could have any Wii/WiiU games remastered for the switch, which ones would it be? I'd love for Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility/Animal Parade, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword & My Sims, My Sims Kingdoms & My Sims Agents. Maybe even Super Mario Galaxy 1&2.

I almost want to say the Wii is too new for re-masters... but anything is fair game I suppose.
Nothing comes to mind too much because of this, but I did really enjoy MySims and would like that series being re-vitalized!

Last edited:
I have never owned a Wii or WiiU but I’ve always wanted to play TLOZ: The wind waker and replay remastered Twilight Princess (I played it on my brother’s Wii before he sold it). Not a Wii or WiiU console game but I NEED a remake of Pok?mon Snap N64 for Switch. I’m happy for Mystery Dungeon but omg... my childhood. I keep having dreams of a HD Pok?mon snap game ;_;

I'd be for it, if the games have all content and are on the game card/disc without using external storage . The best example would be the nathan drake collection where it has uncharted 1,2,3 extra content, very good value for money and all on one disc.

The most recent bad one I've seen is the assassin's creed bundle of 4 and rogue for switch. Only one game is on the card. Rogue is a download code. Defeats the purpose of buying it physically.

I almost want to say the Wii is too new for re-masters... but anything is fair game I suppose.
Nothing comes to mind too much because of this, but I did really enjoy MySims and would like that series being re-vitalized!

I mean TBF Wii U had Twilight Princess HD.

I have never owned a Wii or WiiU but I?ve always wanted to play TLOZ: The wind waker and replay remastered Twilight Princess (I played it on my brother?s Wii before he sold it). Not a Wii or WiiU console game but I NEED a remake of Pok?mon Snap N64 for Switch. I?m happy for Mystery Dungeon but omg... my childhood. I keep having dreams of a HD Pok?mon snap game ;_;

WIND WAKER IS SO GOOD.

Thousand Year Door please.

Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Switch please so I can actually play it. And please make it playable. :lemon:

I really want them to remaster Super Mario 3D World for the Switch!! It's my favorite Wii U game and it just happens to be the only game that my Wii U refuses to read for some stupid reason. T__T

Would have said Xenoblade Chronicles not too long ago but, yano.

I want to say Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I don't really know how much would really need 'remastering'. A low effort port would pretty much work for that, it's not too old and the Switch hardware isn't a significant enough boost over the Wii U to make it look much better. Maybe have all the cars and stuff be solid objects rather than astral projections from the shadow realm? I know XCX had various install options because of the Wii U's crappy standard hard drive size (not that the Switch is much better) which made certain features work better depending on which tier you installed, maybe a remaster would better optimise everything and include just a single install. Maybe also put back in the breast sliders so my character can be flat chested the way God intended and just make it so skimpy outfits and sliders are disabled for Lin (or Japan could just stop being weird and trying to make little underage girls sexy). I kinda just want to play Xenoblade Chronicles X again but would also love to shove my Wii U in a cupboard given everything else I really want to play on there has been ported or gotten a sequel on the Switch.

Skyward Sword as well. I didn't mind the motion controls. In fact, I would go as far as to say removing the motion controls would be removing a large and unique aspect of the game which worked incredibly well...But I've also never finished Skyward Sword, I don't think I even managed to get to the first proper dungeon thanks to the incredibly outdated hardware of the Wii making the visual quality absolute trash. I couldn't even play it for an hour at a time without getting literal migraines. It was literally painful to play for me and a higher resolution from a port would absolutely remove that issue.

The Wii wasn't much more powerful than a Gamecube. It wasn't far away from just being a Gamecube with a different control input really. I would say the main reason Wii games even do still look as good as they do is more down to how powerful the Gamecube was rather than anything they upgraded with the Wii.

That said, the visual quality in terms of resolution for some of the Wii games is REALLY behind what the competition were doing at the time with the other systems pushing HD, later revisions of those consoles ONLY being HD. Having never owned a Wii and playing these games for the first time on the Wii U, it only stood out more how much these games had aged when earlier released games on other systems like Heavenly Sword or Halo 3 had crystal clear picture quality.

Wii games don't look as good as some of them deserve to, maybe aside from emulation which can enhance a game beyond what the original hardware was able to. I've already mentioned my struggle and discomfort trying to play Skyward Sword and whilst I didn't have the issue to the same extent with other Wii games, it was still jarring for me to be going back and playing these fuzzy old 480p games when almost the entirety of my technology was in HD at that point (3DS being the exception, but also on a much smaller screen).

Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime trilogy (which I believe is already "supposed" to be a remaster), Skyward Sword, No More Heroes. I'm not in view of my game collection to name more, but I think a big reason I'm struggling is because games like Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Okami and Xenoblade Chronicles have already gotten/are getting remastered, and the difference is night and day despite how good the originals already looked, again, because graphically/artistically the games hadn't aged, the hardware did.

My dad really wants super Mario galaxy one and two to be remastered for the switch! ^^

Last edited:
The Wii wasn't much more powerful than a Gamecube. It wasn't far away from just being a Gamecube with a different control input really. I would say the main reason Wii games even do still look as good as they do is more down to how powerful the Gamecube was rather than anything they upgraded with the Wii.

That said, the visual quality in terms of resolution for some of the Wii games is REALLY behind what the competition were doing at the time with the other systems pushing HD, later revisions of those consoles ONLY being HD. Having never owned a Wii and playing these games for the first time on the Wii U, it only stood out more how much these games had aged when earlier released games on other systems like Heavenly Sword or Halo 3 had crystal clear picture quality.

Wii games don't look as good as some of them deserve to, maybe aside from emulation which can enhance a game beyond what the original hardware was able to. I've already mentioned my struggle and discomfort trying to play Skyward Sword and whilst I didn't have the issue to the same extent with other Wii games, it was still jarring for me to be going back and playing these fuzzy old 480p games when almost the entirety of my technology was in HD at that point (3DS being the exception, but also on a much smaller screen).

Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime trilogy (which I believe is already "supposed" to be a remaster), Skyward Sword, No More Heroes. I'm not in view of my game collection to name more, but I think a big reason I'm struggling is because games like Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Okami and Xenoblade Chronicles have already gotten/are getting remastered, and the difference is night and day despite how good the originals already looked, again, because graphically/artistically the games hadn't aged, the hardware did.

It is more for me, that, it just feels so recent but it has not been at all haha. Almost at 15 years now!
Your insight has been very interesting to read on it. ^^

Last edited:
I'd love the Metroid Prime Trilogy. I bought it for Wii U, but would buy it again in a heartbeat for Switch. The main problem is that Metroid Prime 3 was built around motion controls. Something that's a little more advanced on the Wii since it's got the the IR remote and receiver. If they figure a way to port that game to double analog sticks, great :D

Last edited:
Totally agree, I would love to see My Sims make a comeback even if it's just remasters. My Sims Agents was such a fun game.

Metroid Prime Trilogy, Eternal Darkness, Star Wars Rouge Leader and Rebel Strike, Timesplitters 2 and 3, Goldeneye 64, Animal Crossing 1
To name a few

Last edited:
I'd like Skyward Sword remastered if they can figure out how to make it less motion controlled which I think is possible outside of the eyeball doors and green water-fruits which they would have to reinvent somehow. And the beetle. And Giraham fighting. It's a fair amount of stuff and a tough sell though. Like someone mentioned above the game does heavily rely on motion controls.

If I didn't find motion controls jarring I would replay Skyward Sword much more often but I tend to get drained of the swordplay.

Also, this is a polarizing game (and a GameCube one rather than Wii), but Starfox Adventures remaster?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd like to see a few old PC games ported over.

That's Steam's niche more or less.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That being said if they could port Flower and Journey to the switch I think Nintendo players would appreciate those games a lot and Journey specifically deserves to get more attention.

Last edited:
Definitely Pok?mon Snap. That game is the main reason I kept my N64. Well, that and Paper Mario.

Last edited:
There's so many games that can use a remastered version. Skyward Sword feels recent, but if Nintendo removed the need for the game to be played with a nunchuck and pointer, I think I wouldn't dislike Skyward Sword as much and finish the story this time.

I would love a Mario RPG remaster and Pok?mon Snap, it might even inspire Nintendo to make more similar games of the sort. (Or not. Maybe those titles are dead and gone for good. :[) An updated Earthbound trilogy would be so great, but that's another franchise that's likely dead for good. I'm not the biggest fan of Pok?mon Diamond and Pearl, but I'll admit I've been waiting on a remake for a while. I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever get made or pushed aside for more Kanto service. :<

More than remasters(though I love remasters, too), I'd like to see more games that never made it to here to have an official translation. That'll likely not ever happen in most cases either

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi III. One of my favorite Wii games and my favorite DBZ game to this day. Also would love a remaster of both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. They are old games but very great games and would absolutely love if Sega made both remastered.... but they probably won't.

Back