• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Religion

I'm an atheist. I'm very spiritual, though, and I believe in the afterlife and spirits and things like that.

i want to believe in a higher being or some sort of afterlife but i find it really hard to. i grew up in a christian household but as i grew older i didn't believe in god himself. i do like the concept of religion and faith though, i find it very enlightening and comforting. but i cant bring myself to be of a religion. it doesn't feel right :(
i think if i had to label myself though i'd say agnostic, but i feel that's pretentious of me to say :(

like most english kids i was brought up singing hymns and having christian assemblies with the local vicar, but i don't believe in it at all.

My beliefs don't really align with any particular religion.

I do find religion fascinating though and incorporate elements into my creative work.

My beliefs don't really align with any particular religion.

I do find religion fascinating though and incorporate elements into my creative work.

I second that! I'm not religious but I love learning about religions. Especially ones with lots of interesting gods or spirits.

I don't like religion because it divides people, and millions of people have been killed in the name of a god. It also has stupid rules such as not eating certain foods, dressing in a certain way, are sexist, not touching electronic devices on certain days, parents imposing it on their children instead of letting them decide when they grow older... I'm sorry but I like freedom. I'm also not sure that an allmighty god exists, if he existed, then why does he let people do what they do to others? Wars, terrorism, people starving while other have so much money not even their grandons will ever spend in their lives, animal cruelty, the destruction of his precious creations (contamination), etc. If he was a good god he would have done something to stop all this evil. So I think "god" is more of an energy, the universe, like what the OP said.

Last edited:
I believe in spirits and the paranormal, but I'm not sure I believe in God or Heaven. Surely there's something after death, but just what? I'm not saying God and Heaven aren't real, but it seems unlikely. The Bible contradicts science very often. Now writing this and thinking about it, I believe that God could very well be real, but the Bible isn't.

I've always been agnostic. I've tried getting into religion (especially the whole god thing), because I do like the idea of having something to have faith in, find comfort in, and so on.. but it just never stuck. Being a minority, I also have a huge problem with certain religions and their practitioners too, but that's a whole 'nother issue. lol

Anyway - being an agnostic, I believe in the potential existence of many things. Like, sure, god is real. Buddha is real. Zeus is real. Etc etc. For me, it's not a question of whether or not they exist. That is something that can't be proven or disproved. I think they all are (or at the least, could be) real, I just don't have faith in any of them.

Really, the only "religion" I've ever been able to get even remotely into is Shinto. (which I'm lowkey involved in right now) I like that it's more of a spiritual thing, without the laundry list of rights/wrongs that most religions have. I mean, there are certain things you kind of need to practice it, which costs money.. but aside from that, it's not very strict or demanding, doesn't hold itself above other belief systems, think certain people are wrong/sinful, and so on. It's consistently positive and open-minded.

I grew up in a catholic family but I found my own faith in God my own way when I was younger. I'm not as religious as my dad (super strict Catholic) but my faith is genuine. But I'm ashamed of some parts of it like people using the bible to discriminate against people etc and I personally believe everyone should be treated with respect despite differences 8C

I don't disregard other religions and I enjoy learning about other ones! Also I'm against trying to convert people into Christianity against their own will because you can't really force someone to believe in something they might not want to??

I'm not religious any longer. Went to a private school for all of middle school and most of highschool. I was borderline a religious nut. Bigoted, narrow-minded, and condescending. Private school made me even more religious (surprise, surprise) but I think it burned me out too.
I've chilled out a lot and I don't go to church any more. I guess I'm agnostic now. I don't really care about religion and I think it would be disingenuous to claim to be a Christian when I do not lead a Christ- centered life. I'm not Atheist though

Last edited:
I was raised in a family that wasn't religious at all and I'm still very happy with my upbringing. I believe that morality should be based in reason rather than faith in the supernatural. I personally have no belief in religion but I do believe in people's rights to freedom of religion since I deeply appreciate my freedom from it.

i've been raised a christian my whole life. Now that i'm older i can choose whether i want to stick with it or not, and i choose to continue on with my faith. I go to church every sunday and i really strongly believe. some people may think it's dumb but i have seen miracles happen that have pushed my faith and pushed me to continue believing whenever i have doubts. its a really relaxing place for me to be. Plus, imo its better to believe at least, cause what if when you die, god ends up being real? i mean, if he doesn't then okay but, idk about you but i wouldn't wanna risk burning eternally in hell. lol

Last edited:
I am a Witch and I don't have a reigning deity/god/goddess. I believe in the universe and nature and most importantly myself.

atheist. most of my family are atheists but my primary school was pretty religious. every thursday a father of the local church would come in and read a story from the bible. you weren't allowed to say "oh my god" or even "oh my gosh" or "damn" for religious reasons i think? but most of the teachers at our school weren't very religious anyway. i think i had an agnostic phase (not that it's just a phase towards people who are agnostic) conflicted whether to believe in a god. where i stand now is that a god doesn't exist. but it's definitely not irrational to believe so

Back