Regarding the Skin

Tyler

Retired Staff
Bells
Cake
Both versions of Soft Autumn (Animal Crossing ~ Seasons) has been removed from the forum.

The staff and the skin's creator could not come to an agreement as to certain requirements the staff had set for the skin to not only match things in other skins but as well as future skins. This had not only caused issues between both sides but in the end, ended with it's removal from the forum.

If you have any questions or concerns please PM either myself or Storm and we're sorry for this inconvenience.

Also, I was planning on making a skin for TBT before anyway. I will start working on it on Friday.

SL can still talk to us and we'll see what happens, but for now we just don't want to go through any trouble or drama. If SL isn't completely satisfied with TBT's specifications, he doesn't have to let the forum use his skin... it's ok.

Well, put that in your archive and smoke it. : D

Look on the bright side, now you have some more interesting history to write about... if anyone cares about that stuff.

BREAKING NEWS ON CHANNEL 7:

TBT STAFF PISS OFF YET ANOTHER SITE VOLUNTEER AND ARE BACK TO 0 ONCE AGAIN

Wow, seriously, can't we be friends? ^o)

For one- I feel kinda bad for SL, because he took the time to make a good skin, and then have it go to waste.

For two- I see what OCM and Storm are saying. They are admins, so the last call is theirs.

But my question is just because you are an admin, does that mean you can change someone else's hard work for your liking?

I dunno, it's a catch 22 so to say.

Bulerias said:
Well, that was pointless...
One step forward and three steps ba-a-a-ack...

Yep. That's how we do things here.

Err, you guys I suppose... some of us aren't loved enough to attend except on the most special of occasions like this where I can come laugh.

Jman said:

For one- I feel kinda bad for SL, because he took the time to make a good skin, and then have it go to waste.

For two- I see what OCM and Storm are saying. They are admins, so the last call is theirs.

But my question is just because you are an admin, does that mean you can change someone Else's hard work for your liking?

SL volunteered. Take it down? It's not ours. We took it down because it's his choice to use it on TBT or not. He's not interested, so we aren't going to leave it up and cause a scene.

stormcommander said:
Jman said:

But my question is just because you are an admin, does that mean you can change someone Else's hard work for your liking?

SL volunteered. Take it down? It's not ours. We took it down because it's his choice to use it on TBT or not. He's not interested, so we aren't going to leave it up and cause a scene.
Okay, I get that now. I never read that SL wanted it down, so that's where the misunderstanding came in.

stormcommander said:
Jman said:

Or you could just, like, y'know... do what he asked.

If you'd done that back when I'd made skins it'd've been done a lot faster... then again I didn't know anything about coding before then.

SL is a good designer. It's a shame you guys can't come to an agreement. Like with most other people.

Easy come, easy go.

I liked the skin, but if it causes drama, its not worth it I suppose.

New skin eventually then, and everyone gets to stay friends, im much happier with that solution.

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth is the expression I believe.

However Storm was right in saying that it should be able ot be customized for the forum's needs, thats only fair, the skin should compliment the forum and make it look nice, not be a hindrance, in my opinion, it was doing both, but c'est la vie

PS: Doing both as in complimenting and, and looking nice

Not being a hindrance.

Back