• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Real name or not?

Do you use your real name for your mayor or not?

• Total voters
My mayor's name basically comes from Persona 4 (Rise Kujikawa).
I also have a secondary character in my town named Yukiko after Yukiko Amagi also from Persona 4.

My online handle used to be "Ani Ashes" but it makes me cringe now. It's just too juvinile, haha. That's why I used my real name. :)

In a sense because my real name is Jacob/Jake depending who is talking to me and the name I used was Jakerz but that is because it is the nickname my brothers call me just like how my little brother always uses Crump because that is what we call him :)

I use the name I go by.

I use my real name, Sarah. I also make my mayor look as close to me as I can. I just prefer to do it that way. My second character is the one I have a different name on (Lola) and experiment with the hair color and such.

Yep, Kaitlyn.
Unless the game I'm playing has a male character I always use my real name. xD
Partly because I'm uncreative.

< yuh.
Sad, I know. In fact, I'm the only Mary I know under 40.
Mary means "bitter", so it fits me fairly well. (IRL I'm kinda prickly.)

I use Clare instead of Clarice. So kind of.... I guess.

I'm actually thinking of going along the lines of Ellen in my new town ; v ; (it's similar to my middle name) what do you people think?

oh my gosh, my real name is ellen and i hate it (everyone always asks if i was named after ellen degeneres)..........

anyways, my mayors are florence and vanille uvu

We'll my real name isn't allowed for some reason so I shortened it up from Cristine to Cris c:

I don't use my real name, and only a select few people in the world (also known as TBT) know it.

So, I just use BluRose for everything.

nope, i never use my real name. i've always used the name "Sky" as my mayor name, and every game that asks for your name in general.

I used to use my real name in all the AC games, however I knew I was going to do a lot of online activity so I decided not to use my real name. So in my first town, I decided to go with Venice as my mayor name and Italy as the town name. It went together, but then I started over. A new town, but I stuck with the name of Venice. I thought it was cool.

I've never used my real name for... like any game haha. Any pokemon game, animal crossing game, harvest moon game, skyrim game, etc... Whenever you have the choice to choose your name, I don't choose my real name. Not for any particular reason other than I like using different names :p I think it's more fun and I like to be that character, not have that character be me.

My name is Amy. Boring, not exciting. My name in ACNL is Lennox. I used a random renamer and got Lennox... I love it. Where I work, we see a lot of antiques and fine china and other nice stuff... And Lenox is the name of one of the popular fine china brands we find a lot. So I like that it kind of sounds masculine, but it has a delicacy to it like the fine china. It's just a fun clash to me.

My other character's name is Sage right now (on my cycle town) which I chose because of where I moved from, there was this plant called Sagebrush that smelled awesome whenever it rained (which was rare, I lived in a desert). And Sage is pretty common now, and reminds me of the sage from the new Assassins Creed game, which I've been playing a ton of xD

But I need to reset my second town, and I'm thinking of choosing some other brand of fine china that we get at my work. Like Belleek, Fenton, Lalique... haha, I just think it's kind of fun, because not many people my age know about random antique fine china xD And now I feel like I should continue the trend that I started with Lennox. Or I might go with Kona, where I lived in Hawaii for like half a year and also a brand of beer haha.

I'm mayor Lita, it's my "online persona", I don't like using my real name (・ω・)ノ

Last edited:
I never share my real name on here so I go by Kouri.

Back