• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Real name or not?

Do you use your real name for your mayor or not?

• Total voters
No. My name is too long to fit in the name space given so i use my daughters name lol much shorter and i like it. Everything else like my age etc is all mine just not my name :)

I used Cookie because I have recently had an obsession with them. c:
Also my real name's kinda weird. >.<

I dont use my real name on either file
in my main town Im "Pocky" because I thought that it was cute
on my second town I use "Walter" after a character that I created

Indeed I do.

Wouldn't feel right with a different name. It's me doing the work, me talking to my villagers and my experience. So I use my name. If I had to pick anything else I'd use my middle name, Jayne. But I dislike it still.

No I don't use my real name in games ever. It feels weird if I do, like it's getting to personal. I'm surprised a lot of people do from what I've seen on tumblr with the same topic and in the polls. My character's name is Minako because my town was based on P3 originally. Ugh I wish I could change it now XD

Last edited:
I never even considered using my real name, even when I first played at five or six years old... now it just kind of weirds me out, I don't know why.

(I don't mean to say anything bad about people who use their real names, it just make me uncomfortable to do it myself!)

Not anymore. I had my real name on my first town before I did a reset. Now, my first mayors name is Mellan because it's a character in one of my books that I'm currently writing. And my other mayors name is Nanalyn because it's my pseudonym (pen name).

I didn't as I didn't like to name it after me as it seems a bit weird to imagine me talking to a duck. In the end I used Odette as it is my favourite bachelorette in Rune Factory Oceans. Aww, she was too adorable.

My main character is a guy called Alan, but my side character is a girl called Pachi. So I guess I use both my real name and an online alias kinda.

Nope, Moko is a character in a book, and my town name is also a character from the same book(also the japanese island)

My mayor's name is Kit (a nickname I always wished I had) and my other character is Kat (my actual nickname)

Nope, never.
Was Isabel then I re-set and changed to Fuchsia (my ultimate dreamie <3).
My real name is Skye.

I used my real name for my mayor, but only because I wasn't thinking when I first started the game. If I'd used my brain, I would have called her Leiana like my username on this forum, which is my standard "gaming" nickname back from when I first started playing Lineage II. To make up for it though, I called the mayor of my 2nd town Leiana so everything is ok now LOL!

I haven't used my real name in either of my towns (names: Esty / Araminta).

Though really Esty is pretty much a second name to me, I've used online for about a decade now :O

I use my real name, though it's the first time doing so, actually. When I play Pok?mon I never use my real name (don't ask me why). At least I know that I won't get tired of my name, lol, which sometimes happens with names I choose on Pok?mon, haha.

Yup, I usually use my real name in games where the main character is more or less a blank slate. If the character already has a name and personality, I'd keep that.

Back