Re-designed Villager Home; can they still craft?

LexxyRaptor

Awkward Stoner Aunt
Bells
Purple Bat Potion
New Horizons Token
Thread title.
Untouched villager homes sometimes will not include a crafting bench or a cooking station and the villager will just...pop it in place instead of another item when they're crafting in their homes.

Can they still do that with a home you've designed for them? or should a crafting station be included in the design just in case?
I don't wanna lock myself out of a specific personality-type DIYs by remodelling a islander home.

Chrissy briefly replaced her gaming station with her craft bench the other day, when she was doing DIY. So even if they temporarily replace it, it just goes back to how you made it before I believe.

Yup! Kidd & Olive both have redesigned homes and they have both busted out a crafting bench or cooking table to craft. Idk if it's in the same spot they normally put their crafting bench, but they will temporarily get rid of whatever furniture is blocking their area to craft. The furniture will come back.

Dom also has a redesigned house but I put both a crafting bench/cooking table out and he's used them.

Back