Random thoughts thread.

I feel stupid at the moment. I didn't know that fence recipes changed daily when redeeming nook miles. I must have missed that bit of information the first time around, but noticed it on my second island. All this time I have been thinking "this is all the fences I can choose from??".

But now I have something else to collect an use, so, new happy discovery!

Sakura trees look way better starting from New Leaf onward. In the first three game they don’t look all that special, but in New Leaf, not only do they have a noticeably different model, but there’s also cherry blossom petals blowing around. Of course, it looks best in New Horizons.

Sakura trees look way better starting from New Leaf onward. In the first three game they don’t look all that special, but in New Leaf, not only do they have a noticeably different model, but there’s also cherry blossom petals blowing around. Of course, it looks best in New Horizons.
It sort of sucks how short this “season” is. I would be happier if it were longer, or at least lasted the whole month of April. I know sakura blooming doesn’t last very long in real life either, but it irks me how you could decorate an entire island in cherry blossoms for the event, only for everything to revert back to normal just over a week later.

It’s also a common sign of spring arriving in the series, yet it doesn’t feel like it either.

It sort of sucks how short this “season” is. I would be happier if it were longer, or at least lasted the whole month of April. I know sakura blooming doesn’t last very long in real life either, but it irks me how you could decorate an entire island in cherry blossoms for the event, only for everything to revert back to normal just over a week later.

It’s also a common sign of spring arriving in the series, yet it doesn’t feel like it either.
Yeah. When I was new to Animal Crossing, which was during cherry blossom season, I thought it would at least last most of April. But it doesn’t. In a way, it makes it feel more special when it does happen, but it also sucks because trees never have significant color changes outside of fall, so between February and September, the trees are way more bland.

GKvSVcxW4AAP7_a.jpeg
GKvSVczWsAAlQLj.jpeg

This should be considered a crime, Viché was one of my favorites too. It's a shame she's not here too. 😢

I wonder if I would play ACNH more if the time to boot it up was shortened... why is it so long....
Dude everything about the game feels like it was designed to be slow. I don't know, it feels like sometimes things are intentionally dragged out. Compared to Porter, Orville's bloated text to go online and then go through the entire sequence is way longer than it is to go online with NL.

I've been thinking for a while now we could do with a thread where you could just drop your random stray new horizons thoughts and ideas that did not fit into another thread, but did not justify a thread of its own.

Like if something funny happened to you but you've got no screen shot to put in to the picture thread.
Or if you just want to squee about a villager you love.
Or if you wanted to moan you got stung by wasps.

Say what's on your mind!
I have teddy on my island and he's so cute... ;_; i'm trying to save up bells so i can start buying more bridges and inclines but it's so hard to make bells,, even when I make money trees and sell fossils, I'm trying not to worry about how my island looks as much anymore and just have fun with the process! but i still want to have a very nice decorated island.. : '・)

i'm trying to save up bells so i can start buying more bridges and inclines but it's so hard to make bells,, even when I make money trees and sell fossils, [...]
My suggestion: If you have crops, you can harvest them and sell them for a pretty good amount of cash. I'd recommend watering them with a watering can every day so your fields are plentiful and you can maximize profits. Just keep in mind that it's going to take a few days for them to fully grow.

i'm trying to save up bells so i can start buying more bridges and inclines but it's so hard to make bells
Let me see how I can help you...
  • Picking and selling flowers may help. As they never get destroyed unlike previous games, they'll only spread after rainfall and when you water them. It's not much, but it helps. If they get too out of control, pick unwanted flowers first, then shovel up the plant so they're two separate items. Sell both of them for extra bells.
  • Collecting seashells and selling them isn't a bad idea as well. They'll always randomly appear on the beaches.
  • If you have a non-native fruit tree on your island, grow more of them. Sell the fruits as they grow, because non-native fruits sell more at Nook's compared to your usual fruit. You can find your other non-native sister fruit on some mystery islands, and each mystery island also has coconut trees you can plant on the sands of your own island. Mom should have also sent you a batch of extra non-native fruit, so plant those as well if you still have them.
  • As for fish and bugs, keep what you get inside your house storage, then sell everything to CJ or Flick the next time either visits. They pay out 1.5x the bells you'd normally get at Nook's.
  • Duplicate fossils? Verify them first with Blathers, then sell them at Nook's. You'll earn more for verified fossils.
  • I would not heavily invest in the stalk market if you're needing bells. There might be a chance of never making a profit an entire week before the turnips rot.
  • Got a ton of extra materials for crafting? Make DIYs and sell to Nook's. You'd be surprised at how many recipes can sell for a good amount of bells. Also, check the "hot item" often. They will always be of items you've learned to craft. If you have a hot item's materials, make them and sell them!
  • Lastly, sell any weeds to Leif and not Nook's. Leif will always pay extra for them.
Hopefully some of those tips will help you make a bridge or incline!

I recently started a second island, for the main purpose of getting to know new villagers since I was too attached to the ones on my main island. I purposely got all ten randomly, including my last two from mystery islands (I invited the first two I encountered).

I am pleasantly surprised with the outcome! I now have new species that I have never had before, including koala, monkey, horse, deer, hippo and eagle! For anyone interested, here are the villagers in order of moving in:

Canberra/Antonio (starters)
Weber
Tammi
Savannah
Quillson
Boris
Diana
Bitty
Keaton

I will be honest, Canberra kind of made me cringe at first, but once I got past the crazy wide eyes and angry eyebrows, I kind of like her (she's a runner, which I love when villagers do that!)

Amiibo Card update. I now have all of series one, series 2 and all the villagers only cards in series 3. Halfway done with series 4 (just bought card number 345. Halfway done with the Welcome Amiibo RV cards (just bought card 26) I'm focusing on the villagers only right now and then I'll go back and finish collecting the special characters.

Pictures incoming of my collection so far. Sorry for the trash pictures. A photographer I am not. XD

ipiccy_image (3).jpg
ipiccy_image (11).jpg
ipiccy_image (10).jpg
ipiccy_image (9).jpg
ipiccy_image (8).jpg
ipiccy_image (7).jpg
ipiccy_image (6).jpg
ipiccy_image (5).jpg
ipiccy_image (4).jpg

Just realized this last collage has two of the same photos. -_-

Last edited:
Amiibo Card update. I now have all of series one, series 2 and all the villagers only cards in series 3. Halfway done with series 4 (just bought card number 345. Halfway done with the Welcome Amiibo RV cards (just bought card 26) I'm focusing on the villagers only right now and then I'll go back and finish collecting the special characters.

Pictures incoming of my collection so far. Sorry for the trash pictures. A photographer I am not. XD

View attachment 553595View attachment 553596View attachment 553597View attachment 553598View attachment 553599View attachment 553600View attachment 553601View attachment 553602View attachment 553603
Just realized this last collage has two of the same photos. Geez, how annoying. I'll find which picture is missing and post it as well.

Alright this is the one that somehow went missing. Again, sorry for the horrible camera work. XD
View attachment 553606
Pretty impressive collection. You're looking around for all legit card copies?

I was made aware of the existence of "treasure islands" a few days ago through a post on the Nook's Cranny forum. Relying on them too much is cheating so I've decided I would go to one only in the case of an emergency. The hardest part of this personal vow is avoiding temptation...

Not sure if this has already been brought up here but I like how Bluebear and Nidothing from Pokemon Horizons share the same Japanese name (Gurumin). If I end up having her as one of my villagers I know I'm going to change her catchphrase to either "what's up" or "yoo-su".

Back