• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Rain or Shine ??

I have yet to see lightning or a rainbow in my town. Hopefully, I'll get to at some point. That'd be exciting.

Rainy is my favorite for Pemberly, especially if it's in early spring and the grass is dark green and the bushes aren't blooming yet. I love it. I try to update my dream any time it rains, but it's been so rare lately that I'm still on cherry blossoms in my dream right now.
If it's clear though, I love love love the orange or purple sunsets. They're just so pretty.

I love thunderstorms and rainy days too but I like sunny days and rainbows too, meteor shower days are awesome though :p

I love rainy days, especially thunderstorms! They're so soothing to me! I also like how the music slightly changes.

Stormy weather and rain. It happens very infrequently and that makes it more special. I also like the musical change in the songs as well :D

Last edited:
I've never had it thunder in my town personally, but I've seen it in dream towns and I must say it looks absolutely beautiful and dynamic. I love the soundtrack when it rains, but I just don't like how it looks in game if that makes sense? it's pretty accurate to real life when it rains, but even in real life when it rains it just makes everything feel moody and depressing in a way? so I prefer it when it's sunnier, although I like the rain soundtrack better than the sunny soundtrack. It's so serene and calming so I love it. Not really looking forward to summer in-game though, as it won't rain all that much. But i'm definitely excited for autumn.

I love the rain too! I love the tinkly music and seeing all the umbrellas out :) And something about the overall atmosphere is just so soothing to me. Getting rare fish doesn't hurt either ;)

Despite I like rain in reallife more than sunshine I don't like the rain in New Leaf. When the sun shines it feels more vivid and often looks imo nicer. Buuuut I still love thunderstorms. Nothing's gonna be better than storms! ^^
I know it's probably silly to love storms and dislike rain but there is a small difference.

Last edited:
I personally prefer sunshine ;u; Just because it's vibrant and I love the blue of the sky!
It's nice because I don't tend to get a lot of sunshine where I live, so to see it in game, in the very least, is nice! c:

So many new things to notice during the rain and thunderstorms !! Thanks everyone for sharing you favorite things about the in-game weather. I still have so many things to look forward to discovering :)

I think the rainy day lovers are still in the lead :)

While i enjoy the sun in the after noon because of the pretty sky, i love love love the rain. Especially those heavy thunderstorms. I find it so relaxing especially late at night. Also the game isnt blasting super bright light in my face if it is raining lol.

I like to fish in the rain. Also, considering there are no negative gameplay effects to the rain (unlike DayZ ;( ) I couldn't care less about the sunshine!

I like snowstorms in this game. But if I have to pick between rainy or sunny, I prefer sunny days.

Back