• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rags to Riches - New ACNH Challenge

I said this before in a similar thread but I'll say it yet again here and a bit of disclaimer. this is not something for everyone to try out. Everyone has their own way of playing the game and if its something that you want try out yourself then go ahead. If its not for you then don't try it. This is meant to be a fun challenge for those who want to make the game harder.

Me personally I would not try this out because I've restarted like 50 times last year (call me crazy) and I'm fine with both of my islands the way they are and I just think it would be too tiresome and repetitive to redo all over everything.
incredibly impressed with your patience to restart 50 times in a year skjdnbkjn

ahh man, this kind of challenge for animal crossing is such a cool idea! I've never thought to look for something like it. like others said, I'd do it but I don't want to restart my island :') I wish I had a second to be able to try something like this out, though! animal crossing nuzlocke is not something I'd ever think I'd see haha 😄

sounds like an interesting thing!! though i'm too attached to all of the homies on my island to restart 😅

i also reckon i'd get to a point where i'll just start not paying attention to the rules anymore-

I feel for people without two Switches or an inability to restart. TT o TT
I have a banned spicy switch I bought so I could backup island ideas I loved but didn't feel like sticking with for one reason or another, so I can load them up and transfer them over if I ever feel the urge to look at them again.

I'm starting one as a fugitive at this moment. :>

I love watching these challenges, I watched all of *Crossing Minute's* play through of hard mode, and started watching, his own Rags to Riches.

I do concider doing one myself esspecially this one, because it seems like alot of fun. But these challenges the things that throws me off is that you have give up villagers.

Which I could never do. If theres ever a challenge that doesn't require giving up villagers, I would probably do it!

I hope you have fun though!

i’ve yet to participate in one, but i’ve always thought nintentalk’s new horizons challenges were really cool and well thought out, and i appreciate how much detail and story they put into them! this one sounds more interesting to me than the hard mode challenge, though. :’o the roles that you get to choose from are cool, and i like that the rules, end game objectives, and your abilities differentiate a little depending on which role you choose!

i won’t be participating since i love my island too much and have no plans to reset it ever, but i wish everyone who has been/will be participating the best of luck! it sounds like a super fun challenge, and it’s a unique way to make the game feel a bit more new and interesting again! 💞

Oh the temptation is strong to do this. It looks like so much fun! But I'm so attached to the island I currently have. I wish I could have two islands 🥲

I like some of the details of this challenge and is tempting to try out.
I don't want to delete my island right now though and some details of the challenge I don't care for.
However, if I still feel tempted to try out a challenge, I told myself I'll delete my island in spring. (I feel like that's the best time to start a new island anyway because you have more creatures to catch than in winter.) And I'll write my own challenge rules. I already started writing some like, limits on non native fruits, limits on flowers, no terraforming, having to acquire a photo before any villager leaves, and having to feed yourself and villagers daily, and can't donate to blathers until 5 star status, as a start. I just want something fun and a different way to try to play the game. I would also want to focus more on the villagers instead of fussing with the cursed terraforming crap again...

Last edited:
I like some of the details of this challenge and is tempting to try out.
I don't want to delete my island right now though and some details of the challenge I don't care for.
However, if I still feel tempted to try out a challenge, I told myself I'll delete my island in spring. (I feel like that's the best time to start a new island anyway because you have more creatures to catch than in winter.) And I'll write my own challenge rules. I already started writing some like, limits on non native fruits, limits on flowers, no terraforming, having to acquire a photo before any villager leaves, and having to feed yourself and villagers daily, and can't donate to blathers until 5 star status, as a start. I just want something fun and a different way to try to play the game. I would also want to focus more on the villagers instead of fussing with the cursed terraforming crap again...
Ooh I like these rule ideas too! I’ve still been doing this challenge and I wish that I would’ve given myself a “no terraforming” rule because I’m so bad at it but I’ve already started terraforming so I’ll just have to keep going and hope for the best lol I’ve been having a lot of fun with this challenge though! I feel like I always need goals or challenges when I’m playing games or I’ll get bored really quickly.

Ooh I like these rule ideas too! I’ve still been doing this challenge and I wish that I would’ve given myself a “no terraforming” rule because I’m so bad at it but I’ve already started terraforming so I’ll just have to keep going and hope for the best lol I’ve been having a lot of fun with this challenge though! I feel like I always need goals or challenges when I’m playing games or I’ll get bored really quickly.
If I ever decide to make my own challenge I'll post all the rules I'm following somewhere in the forums at that time. I really like the no terraforming approach because I just hate terraforming and it takes eternity and I rather just focus on the villagers. I'll probably have to map hunt for a while because I don't want my secret beach behind cliffs and I'd want pears since there are limits on non native fruit, my native fruit will be what I will be looking at most of the time and I never seem to ever spawn pears, so pears will be a nice change for me personally.

I think the concept of playing as a "class" is super interesting to me, but only in terms of making certain aspects of "roleplaying" easier. For example after the first Fantasy Life reboot hype I had serious thoughts of finally going through with a Fantasy life themed island. So I did consider things like classes and making certain achievements or activities tied to a make believe class. But it was just a loose guideline for world building rather than rules to play the game. I think a lot of these challenges feel kind of awkward or unnatural in practice even though it sounds good on paper.

But I'm still really considering a class thing for a new island 😩

Back