• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rags to Riches - New ACNH Challenge

LoserMom

♡♡♡♡♡♡
Bells
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
NintenTalk (the content creator that came up with the “Hard Mode” challenge) has now come up with a new challenge called Rags to Riches! It sounds pretty interesting and might get me back into the game.. Anyone else think they’ll participate?

BAzj2yI.png

86W9HIU.png

This looks interesting. But I must admit it looks overwhelming to me lol. Is the challenge occurring in our game and we actually have to restart a brand new island? I know I wouldn't be able to do that, lol. Have fun everyone who participates!

This looks interesting. But I must admit it looks overwhelming to me lol. Is the challenge occurring in our game and we actually have to restart a brand new island? I know I wouldn't be able to do that, lol. Have fun everyone who participates!
Yes! You’re supposed to start the challenge on a brand new island 😊

A lot of my YouTube friends are doing this challenge but I'm going to pass. Didn't do Hard Mode either. I have an all cat island and don't want to delete it for a challenge I have little interest in playing. I'll be watching streamers play it though.

EVbCHlV.jpg
I ended up starting the challenge today! I picked forager as my class and named my island Rockmoo. I found the name on a random site and didn’t want an island name that would be overused so I decided to stick with it lol. I got Axel and Canberra as my starting villagers (not mad about it) and cherries as my native fruit! Not a bad start. If I end up sticking with this challenge then I’ll probably make an island journal thread for it on here 🌱

Last edited:
honestly this really intrigues me!! i've always loved doing challenges like this on the sims because i feel like it gives me a little bit more of a purpose in an otherwise really overwhelming game, so it reduces my decision-making struggle lol. i've also been debating restarting my island and trying to fully get back into ac so this would be the time to do it.. but equally my island is more complete than i thought and i do kinda love it <3

I love the challenges but unfortunately can never participate since they require you to restart your island, it's fun to watch though!

this seems like fun, if i had a second switch i would participate since i wanted to have a second island since a while, but, i dont want to buy a second console.

Knowing nintendo in a couple of years there is a New console so i dont feel confortable buying a new one.

honestly this really intrigues me!! i've always loved doing challenges like this on the sims because i feel like it gives me a little bit more of a purpose in an otherwise really overwhelming game, so it reduces my decision-making struggle lol. i've also been debating restarting my island and trying to fully get back into ac so this would be the time to do it.. but equally my island is more complete than i thought and i do kinda love it <3
Omg I’m the same way! Anytime I boot up the sims I’m starting legacy challenges or things like that. I like having specific things to work towards otherwise I’ll get bored quick lol & I always see people saying to make sure you update your dream address before resetting so that you’re able to visit your old islands anytime you’d like. Definitely let me know if you decide to do this! I like seeing other people’s updates 😊

If I had a second island, I think I would attempt this.
However, I only have 1 and I am not resetting my island as much as I love it.
I will root for whoever is doing it.

seems nifty but i don't know that i have the patience or fortitude to keep up with all the rules. 😂

it is always cool that people will create challenges like this to reinvigorate their interest in acnh!

I may try this challenge on my second island but not sure how good this will work without friends to play. I am forced to play as a forager lol

I may try this challenge on my second island but not sure how good this will work without friends to play. I am forced to play as a forager lol
I don’t have any friends to play either lol There’s a ton of people playing in the NintenTalk discord server so you can play with people on there! I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post discord links on here but I can DM it to you if you’d like 😊

So. I ended up starting this challenge because it sounds fun. I just have one question: I got a dream villager of one of my friends, I know the rules only state to trade with other people in the challenge but what about gifts? If Marina asks to step out, will I be allowed to simply pass it to my friend if I get no benefit whatsoever?

So. I ended up starting this challenge because it sounds fun. I just have one question: I got a dream villager of one of my friends, I know the rules only state to trade with other people in the challenge but what about gifts? If Marina asks to step out, will I be allowed to simply pass it to my friend if I get no benefit whatsoever?
I haven’t seen any rules against it and it doesn’t really effect your gameplay so I don’t think there’d be any problem with it :)

I said this before in a similar thread but I'll say it yet again here and a bit of disclaimer. this is not something for everyone to try out. Everyone has their own way of playing the game and if its something that you want try out yourself then go ahead. If its not for you then don't try it. This is meant to be a fun challenge for those who want to make the game harder.

Me personally I would not try this out because I've restarted like 50 times last year (call me crazy) and I'm fine with both of my islands the way they are and I just think it would be too tiresome and repetitive to redo all over everything.

I haven’t seen any rules against it and it doesn’t really effect your gameplay so I don’t think there’d be any problem with it :)
Perfect, I really love the spirit of this challenge, but I also have a soft spot for gift making so when I saw Marina I knew I had to ask.

It sounds like an interesting challenge just not one for me . I restarted my second island back in December and have no plans on restarting again. I also would rather make my own rules .

Back